Selena’s hairstyle was so elegant — it went perfectly with her Armani Couture gown.
TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist John D., was inspired by old Hollywood glamour and Veronica Lake when creating Selena Gomez‘s 2011 American Music Awards look. Find out what he did!
- Prep towel-dried hair with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Mousse, combing the product through for even distribution.
- Blow-dry hair nice and smooth and create a deep side part for added drama.
- Take sections framing the face on both sides (from the back of the part, just behind the ear), and curl 1 inch sections using a 1 inch barrel-curling iron, then spraying with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray to add additional hold and aid in protecting hair from excess heat.
- Curl bangs away from the face and curl the side sections in a horizontal direction, continuing this process on the remaining sections. *Stylist Secret: make sure the sections are even and not too big. This will ensure a consistent curl/wave pattern.
- After the sets are cooled, spray a boar bristle brush with TRESemmé Climate Control Finishing Spray and brush out the curls until you achieve a desired wave pattern. Make sure the wave hangs just over the eye and finish with more hairspray to keep the look in place!
Did you like Selena’s look?
Get More From Our BFF’s At Glamour!