Kelly Ripa Announces New 'Live!' Co-Host — Watch The Video

Mon, November 21, 2011 8:30pm EST by 41 Comments
regis philbin replacement

Watch Kelly introduce her new co-host! What do you think of her decision?

It’s the question on everyone’s mind: Who is going to replace Regis Philbin on Live! With Regis And Kelly? Well, wonder no more! Kelly Ripa revealed her new co-host this weekend — and she’s already drinking on the job! That’s right, it’s Kathie Lee Gifford.

If you can’t guess by now — or if you just really wish it were true — the whole thing was a sketch on Saturday Night Live, with Kristen Wiig reprising her perfect portrayal of everyone’s favorite morning-time wino, Kathie Lee.

Watch “Kelly” make her big announcement below, then vote: Do you wish Kathie Lee was really joining her?

— Andy Swift

Click to follow Andy on Twitter

Carol Nicholas

Posted at 2:09 AM on May 20, 2013

My sister and I attended the Kelly & Michael show on May 16th. It was the very highlight of our New York visit–loved EVERY minute of it!

Diane Stuart

Posted at 11:03 AM on August 30, 2012

What is all the hoopla about the new co-host. It has been in all the papers in Canada that it is Strehan. Who ever picked him is way beyond me. No personality at all. Oh well. I will just have to watch something else.

Mary Rippy

Posted at 2:55 PM on August 23, 2012

Don’t know what they wee thinking. Can’t stand Kelly since Regis retired and the new co-host is totally disgusting and I WILL NOT BE WATCHING.

Sharon Mikkelson

Posted at 12:11 PM on August 23, 2012

I like Michael S. I think he is funny, knowledgable, and knows how to relate with the audience.

Steph

Posted at 2:07 PM on August 20, 2012

I’m sorry but Kathie Lee had her run on the show back when she and Regis were hosting it. If she comes back, it’s going to be a disaster.

kelly

Posted at 4:46 PM on May 21, 2012

loved Ripa from the start, she makes me laugh, And call this crazy…maybe, but what about Richie Sambora as her co host? give it a shot, lets see what he can do.also for a women as a co host, I think Marie Osmond would be fantastic!, make her an offer she can”t refuse. Just putting it out there.I have seen a few returnes of some potentials, but so far no one has struck me as the perfect fit for Regis { man, what a huge, huge hole to fill } continued success for Kelly,

Pat-e-cake

Posted at 9:31 AM on May 12, 2012

Sorry I.m not a fan of Kelly Ripa’s
So I know longer watch the show…

pauline labar

Posted at 1:11 PM on May 3, 2012

It better be someone better than her! I don’t watch the show very much any more since Regis left

Kitty

Posted at 9:36 PM on April 7, 2012

How about Carson Kressley for the new co-host? What fun!

Elaine Bush

Posted at 12:14 AM on March 9, 2012

If Kathy Lee Gifford wre to become the next cohost on Live, I would stop watching the show. That would be discusting. My husband thinks so as well

kari duncan

Posted at 5:56 PM on March 6, 2012

Loved the banter between Alex Baldwin & Kelly. Also, really enjoy Neil Patrick Harris.