Katy is known for her beauty and fashion risk taking and this intense hairstyle certainly raised a few eyebrows. Her hairstylist explains the look!
Fekkai celebrity stylist Renato Campora crafted Katy Perry‘s pink cotton candy-like look for the 2011 American Music Awards. The colorful floral piece in Katy’s hair is actually a Vivienne Westwood accessory that Renato weaved through her strands! Keep reading to find out more about this look.
- Renato began by applying Fekkai Coiff Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel to wet hair in order to give it a firm base. He then blow-dried the hair while brushing it through with a flat brush.
- He used a one-inch curling iron throughout the hair to create body while giving it a sturdy foundation. Renato then heavily teased the hair.
- To create the final up-do, he pushed the front of the hair forward and wrapped the rest into a French twist, securing it with hairpins.
- To complete the look, Renato added an accessory made by Vivienne Westwood by weaving it into the hair with his fingers. He secured the look by spraying the hair with Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray.
Did you like Katy’s look?
Get More From Our BFF’s At Glamour!
- 50 Things Men Are Afraid to Ask for (but Really Want Super-Duper Badly)
- 21 Flirty Little Date Outfit Ideas
- What Your Hairstyle Says About You (According to Guys!)
- The Top 10 Ways to Wake Up Prettier