'Gossip Girl' Wedding Details: Will Chuck & Blair's Chemistry Stop The Wedding?

Mon, November 21, 2011 10:17am EDT by 35 Comments
gossip girl wedding dress

Kelly Rutherford reveals new info regarding the highly anticipated wedding — and the love triangle between Blair, Louis, and Chuck!

After pictures of Blair as a runaway bride surfaced, everyone was dying to know what will happen at the wedding on Gossip Girl! Kelly Rutherford attended the launch the Y&J Multiplicity by Robert Verdi jewelry collection on Nov. 17, and sat down exclusively with HollywoodLife.com where she shared new details regarding Blair’s Royal Wedding.

While the star couldn’t tell us if the bond between ‘chair’ will ultimately stop the wedding, she gushed about the possibility of a Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair (Leighton Meester) reunion. “I love their chemistry. I love seeing them work together because they’re both such wonderful actors and I think they’ve created a really wonderful chemistry.”

“I think he [Chuck] brings out a side of Blair that’s very true to herself, where she comes from and all of that,” she said. So then why is Blair with Louis? “I think maybe she was looking for something different like all of us do at some point in our lives,” Kelly said regarding Blair’s relationship with her fiance.

As for Blair’s relationship with Prince Louis (Hugo Becker), Kelly doesn’t seem too concerned. “I don’t know how it works for anybody for forever — I think we have the moment with each other and sometimes you do the right thing and sometimes you don’t and you have to live with the consequences and that’s the beautiful thing about our show.” It definitely sounds like Blair and Louis don’t have the brightest future!

Kelly also hinted at what we could expect to see Blair’s bridesmaids, like Serena, wearing on the big day. “They’re gorgeous dresses, they look amazing. They’re pink and beautiful and fluffy.”

It sounds like Blair is going to have a beautiful wedding, so why is she running away? Do you think Chuck and Blair’s chemistry caused her to flee the alter?

Reporting by Katrina Mitzeliotis, Written by Lauren Kalma

Elena Salvatore

Posted at 8:39 AM on November 22, 2011

I could not have said it better!

Kourtney

Posted at 8:34 AM on November 22, 2011

Kelly Rutherford is the best. I love what she said about Ed and Leighton’s amazing chemistry and completely agree!

Becky Quick

Posted at 7:01 AM on November 22, 2011

I agree with Kelly!

Rafaella

Posted at 11:09 PM on November 21, 2011

Thank you for this Kelly! and thank you Katrina and Lauren!

Jenny

Posted at 10:47 PM on November 21, 2011

I love Chuck and Blair and I LOVE Kelly Rutherford! Thank you for this! :)

Ds

Posted at 3:47 PM on November 21, 2011

I really hope that she is running to chuck! I want chuck&blair, without them its always missing!

Jenna

Posted at 3:07 PM on November 21, 2011

Thanks for sharing Kelly’s words with us! Very encouraging after this weekend’s lack of information. :)

Valentine

Posted at 2:58 PM on November 21, 2011

Wow, the title of the article made me think Kelly said Blair is running to Chuck. But she didn’t say that at all. Why are you playing with my emotions? :C

Becky Quick

Posted at 7:02 AM on November 22, 2011

Oh I know! I was hoping she would say Blair is running to Chuck

Karin

Posted at 2:20 PM on November 21, 2011

The moment a grownup woman likes a relationship where a woman is used as a object

Kendallf

Posted at 3:04 PM on November 21, 2011

U are so pathetic. Get over it what has Dan done for Blair? What sacrifice has he made for Blair?nothing.

u just mad because kelly doesn’t like that lame dair storyline.

Maria.

Posted at 1:47 PM on November 21, 2011

Oh that’s so nice to read. Thank you Kelly.

Diana

Posted at 1:44 PM on November 21, 2011

Kelly Rutherford reveals “new info” regarding the highly anticipated wedding — where is the new info? The title is misleading

cerreno

Posted at 1:24 PM on November 21, 2011

The dress looks so stupid… I know its not real, but no monarch would allow a future bride to wear a dress without sleeves.

Eddie

Posted at 12:53 PM on November 21, 2011

So much love for Kelly, love what she said about Chuck and Blair and Ed and Leighton. My thoughts exactly Kelly!

Emily

Posted at 12:20 PM on November 21, 2011

It is not even a spoiler, she always says she loves Chair…

mel

Posted at 12:45 PM on November 21, 2011

So what! We love Chuck and Blair and people in the cast support them. They’ll be back and we want them back!

Hannah

Posted at 12:00 PM on November 21, 2011

Great article! Love Kelly. LOVE Chair. Hoping for great scenes in the 100th and beyond.

Step

Posted at 11:54 AM on November 21, 2011

Thanks you so much for this! I root for Chuck and Blair only so it’s nice to see an article about them for the 100th!

Allie

Posted at 11:38 AM on November 21, 2011

Aww, I love Kelly. And I love you for writing this :)

Seriously, this is just so nice to hear.

msc

Posted at 11:27 AM on November 21, 2011

I love kelly! Thanks! I needed Chair love today!

Lauren

Posted at 11:20 AM on November 21, 2011

Oh Kelly! you are amazing! You never let me down for loving you alot! this woman is amazing!
I hope Chuck stops the wedding and takes Blair away.They are bringing eachothers trueselves

Jennifer

Posted at 10:49 PM on November 21, 2011

Oh me too. I need Chuck to stop this travesty of a wedding NOW!

Vanillalatte86

Posted at 11:20 AM on November 21, 2011

Thank you! Glad too see this!

Danielle

Posted at 11:18 AM on November 21, 2011

I kinda want to hug her right now. Thank god for this!

maren813

Posted at 11:13 AM on November 21, 2011

As much as I want this to be Blair running to Chuck, Gossip Girl usually tricks us and these pictures are never what they seem. My guess is something happened to make Louis mad, and she is running to find him…I don’t think the writers will be so obvious is to have Chuck stop the wedding. That would be the old him. The new him is moving on and acting selflessly in his love for her.

Rafaella

Posted at 11:11 PM on November 21, 2011

That’s true. I’d love it if Chuck stopped the wedding but I bet you are right and something else stops the wedding

Emily

Posted at 11:11 AM on November 21, 2011

Okay, Kelly Rutherford is LITERALLY my favorite person right now. She’s so awesome, and I completely agree with her! I LOVE YOU, KELLY! (And you girls, dear Katrina and Lauren, for actually giving us CB fans hope!)

Elizabeth

Posted at 11:03 AM on November 21, 2011

I love Kelly. This is one of the first articles from this weekend that hasn’t made me want to just quit the show in frustration.

Sandra

Posted at 11:02 AM on November 21, 2011

I love and agree so much with this article. As a Chair fan it makes me sad when people forget years of amazing stuff that happened between these two! Their relationship is complicated I agree, but wow the reward will be amazing when they’ll reunite! Love all the growth from Chuck this season. Their love is amazing!

Jennifer

Posted at 10:49 PM on November 21, 2011

ITA! Their love is amazing. They are epic!