From the wedding(s) to the honeymoon and a very gross Kristen Stewart, Breaking Dawn had me hooked!
Even though I’m a huge fan of The Twilight Saga, the big screen versions of New Moon and Eclipse bored me to tears. (I actually fell asleep in New Moon and refused to pay to watch Eclipse in theaters, instead opting for the $5 On Demand and the ability to fast-forward through all of Jacob’s (Taylor Lautner) scenes.) But Breaking Dawn brought back the thrill of the original Twilight — the lust, love and excitement in all of its glory. And here are the seven best scenes of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1.
1. There were two weddings! Book-Bella’s pre-wedding nightmare involves a vampire baby. (Otherwise known as Stephenie Meyer‘s not-so-subtle foreshadowing.) But in the film, Bella’s reverie begins as a beautiful ceremony, and ends with all the guests and her vampire family piled into a bloody heap — dead at the hands of the Volturi. It was a pleasant surprise for anyone who had read the novel. (Although “pleasant” may not be the best word to use.)
2. Bella danced with Edward first. Thank God. I was afraid she danced with Jacob first. That would not have been acceptable at all.
3. The Honeymoon was electric. For the first time since Twilight, I actually felt like Bella wanted Edward and not Jacob. In the entire saga, we barely saw a happy Bella and Edward. But for a glorious 15 minutes, we got skinny dipping, sex, bikinis and Robert Pattinson‘s abs.
4. Jacob’s scenes were (mostly) handled nicely. Although he pawed Bella at her reception — their closeness felt especially icky considering Bella had just pledged her undying love to another man — Jacob’s role in the film actually didn’t bother me. And that is saying a lot.
5. How did they get Kristen Stewart to look like that? Color me impressed, makeup and special effects department. Bella looked emaciated and disgusting during her pregnancy with the half-vampire baby who was eating her alive. And since Kristen herself is a very beautiful young woman, that’s not an easy thing to achieve.
6. The imprinting and confrontation with the wolves! Breaking Dawn the book does a lot of telling and not a lot of showing — remember the fade-to-black sex scenes? But since that doesn’t really work on a movie screen, what we had previously only experienced through Edward’s words to an undead Bella, we saw in action — specifically Jacob imprinting on Bella and Edward’s daughter, as well as Jacob’s reconciliation with the wolf pack.
7. The birth of Vampire Bella. I knew this was coming — but since I had no idea where the movie would end, I thought they may leave Bella’s fate hanging until next November. So when Bella opened her blood-red eyes, a chill went through my spine.
What was your favorite part of the movie, HollywoodLifers?
– Denise Warner
More ‘Breaking Dawn’ News
- Robert Pattinson Reveals: Why I Felt Fat In ‘Breaking Dawn’
- ‘Breaking Dawn’ Wedding Dress: Get A Replica Of Bella’s Gown
- ‘Breaking Dawn’: Behind The Scenes Of The Hot Sex — PICS