Kris Humphries Talks Kim Kardashian Divorce: 'This Has Been A Difficult Time'

Fri, November 18, 2011 6:08pm EDT by 21 Comments
Kris Humphries

At a press conference announcing a new $150,000 endorsement deal with Sector watches, Kris Humphries opened up about his split from Kim Kardashian for one of the first times

The Kardashian family has gone to great lengths to make Kim Kardashian seem like the victim in her relationship with Kris Humphries by talking about the split in magazines, talk shows and other interviews. However, Kris, 26, has remained mum for the most part about his failed 72 day marriage…up until now.

At a Nov. 17 press conference in NYC announcing his endorsement deal with Sector watches (which is rumored to be worth a whopping $150,000), Kris carefully brought up his heartbreak.

“I’m happy to be here. As you all know, this has been a difficult time in my life, and I’m so grateful [for] my friends at Sector for their unwavering support,” the NBA pro said.

Kim’s ex went on to explain why he’s a good fit to rep Sector. “I’m really honored to be with the Sector brand,” he said. “Most of all, they really do have great watches… A portion of the sales will go to my foundation which is all set up to fight against childhood obesity and it’s a really great thing.”

He added, “It truly represents who I am both on and off the court. I’ve been a watch and fashion lover my entire life and a competitor and the no limit tag is really about how I approach my career.”

Who do you think was at fault for Kim and Kris’ marriage falling apart? Do you blame Kris? Sound off below.

More Kardashian Stories:

1. Kim Divorcing Kris After Watching Footage From Reality Show!
  2. PETA Attacking Kim On New Billboard!
  3. Kris Going Overseas To Escape Divorce Madness?

Monica

Posted at 10:37 PM on November 28, 2011

I’m sure there was love between the two. When they are together they are both very happy. Only the one main problem is Kim continues to have her life ran by her mother and sisters. Family is great and wonderful to have full support but when it comes to your true happiness and the man you are in love with, that is your family. When you get married you marry your spouse not there brothers, sisters, mom, or dad. No one should have a say so in what is acceptable and whats not acceptable in your life except for who is in the relationship. Vows only say husband and wife, nobody else. Kim has a lot of growing up still. Fame, money, and materials eventually fade away weather it is in 5 years or 50 years. Why evolve yourself around those things knowing there is an end to it when you could love and be happy with your best friend for life. that is the difference between Kris and Kim. Kris see’s everything else in life that makes life great and Kim see’s only the glamourous lights, fame, and beauty.Kris was hoping Kim would be his wife and companion by his side and just wanting to be a man. Kim is looking for a pet that will cuddle her when she wants and hold her bags while she is shopping. Not everything is going to be all about you Kim when you marry such a strong hearted man. Good luck to the both of you!

Sad but true

Posted at 8:12 PM on November 21, 2011

Makes me so sick that you can spend so much money and if you indeed love eachother that it can be over in a blink of an eye… I absolutely blame the kardashians.. Kris Humphries just wanted to be the MAN in the family!!! But nope they tried to cut off his balls real fast.. Too bad I was such a fan and watched almost all of the kardashian episodes.. I am so dissapointed But Kim will never find happiness with another man she is officially married to herself and her family!!!!

Ashley

Posted at 11:29 PM on November 20, 2011

I believe they’re both wrong. I didn’t watch the wedding, but I did see commercials for it, and it seems like she’s very controlling and materialistic, but he also seems like a jerk.

give me a break

Posted at 12:00 PM on November 19, 2011

Really this is her plan to save her career?!? The the hater and the rest of the public will see right thru that and it is going backfire even more on her because we all she and her family have creative control in editing. The hater that is petitioning the Kardashian off E.! will defintly point that out watch!!!

Liz

Posted at 12:55 PM on November 19, 2011

I think you’re confused. Did you read the article?

sickening

Posted at 10:01 AM on November 19, 2011

Like him or not, at least he’s giving part of his earnings to charity unlike the greedy Kardashians. BOYCOTT the Nov. 27 Kim and Kourtney Take NY -time for them to learn a lesson.

Liz

Posted at 12:54 PM on November 19, 2011

Kim gives 10% of all her earnings to the dream foundation.

Sadie

Posted at 3:47 PM on November 19, 2011

That 10% is totally tax deductible!

Cini

Posted at 10:14 PM on November 19, 2011

So is whatever Kris gives. What’s your point?

Lola

Posted at 5:26 AM on November 19, 2011

I applaud Kris H for not talking to the press about his soon to be ex Kim ‘I need to be on the spotlight,’ Kardashian who is doing the opposite trying fix the damage this 72 day fiasco has cost her. While Kris himself wasn’t perfect by being too straight forward to the point of being tactless he is dealing with the situation a little better. I don’t why he shouldn’t accept this endorsment since Kim said he was “lazy,” and caught partying by the papps. Well he got an endorsement good for him. I guess he wasn’t so “lazy,” after all!

Anisa

Posted at 5:13 AM on November 19, 2011

poor fella ……gold diggers always get thier way

Cini

Posted at 10:15 PM on November 19, 2011

How is Kim a gold digger? She is worth way more than Kris.

Karol

Posted at 2:48 AM on November 19, 2011

I voted that Kris was mean to Kim but it is really hard to know due to I really only seen how rude Kris could be when I watched there wedding.

Pearl monroe

Posted at 1:01 AM on November 19, 2011

Kim you may be pretty but true beauty comes from within and your ugly on the inside

Kimberly Crossley

Posted at 11:45 PM on November 18, 2011

Kris Humphries, we are ALL so very proud of you for getting on with your life in a very positive way. We know it is very difficult for you right now and that you are obviously going through a healing process both mentally and physically.

Another thing, your (New) business venture with “Sector” selling watches should do very well; especially if they have such a Great guy like you and then you are a very good looking man.

As far as your estranged wife, Kim Kardashian. Well, she Needs to seriously grow-up and get it. Perhaps, someday she will soon realize that she let her good second Husband get away from her, and that she never, ever should have filed for divorce. She may NOT see it right now, but later on in life she will start having after regrets because NO man is going to be loving, thoughtful, kind, caring and spiritually devoted to her as her estranged Husband, Kris Humphries was. Unfortunately, Kim Kardashian will soon learn later on in life that she should never, ever file for divorce and that she should have stayed for the long haul by standing by her man, KRIS HUMPHRIES. Good luck, Mr. Humphries. We wish you well and we wish you ALL of the success with your (New) business ventures.

Karol

Posted at 3:15 AM on November 19, 2011

I love your comment. I also hope Kris gets his life back and becomes happy again. Karol Simons♥♡♥♡ Kris will find true love again without the stredd of the Media. Good luck Kris we love you

Sharon

Posted at 9:57 PM on November 18, 2011

Ya right Kris is mean to her..I watched that show she and her family are so dang bossy..Now she said he is mean to her and her family lol.Some show kris refuse to be push over by those women like he told her he dont want to be treated like scott and Bruce..Kris is pretty stright forward.Kris should be lucky to get away from this family..Greedy and bossy like hack

Shelly

Posted at 8:51 PM on November 18, 2011

Kris is not so innocent. He went along with the fake wedding and is playing his part of hurt ex-hubby for his cut. He can make money off of this forever. If everyone on this planet saw Kim was not into him I know he had to know SOMETHING wasn’t right with his relationship with Kim which is why I believe he was in on it. They’re all greedy and fake.

Rachel

Posted at 7:20 PM on November 18, 2011

Kris said it best before he got married to Kim when he said ” you have been in this situation before and this is my first time. How do I know I’m really the one u want to spend your life with??? ” Kim has wanted to marry someone ever sence Kloie got married & she was jelous because it wasn’t her. I’m sorry for Kris because he was used just to boost Kim’s ratings & I truly believe Kris really did love Kim & it’s just a shame he didn’t get that love in return. Kris is better off to get devorsed from her so now he can find someone who really loves him & will not USE him as a publisity stunt

Tommy

Posted at 11:50 AM on November 19, 2011

All of America hates the Kardashians — They are greedy self centered white trash….

chloeannah