Jessica Simpson Says She'll Give Birth In High Heels

Fri, November 18, 2011 10:20am EDT by 8 Comments
Jessica Simpson Pregnant
FameFlynet

Jessica Simpson

Pregnancy won’t keep Jessica from her sky-high heels — she’ll even deliver in them!

When Jessica Simpson gives birth to her baby with fiance Eric Johnson, don’t expect her to sacrifice on style. “I’m probably going to deliver my baby in these [4-inch YSL heels],” she joked to Us Weekly. “I went to the doctor yesterday and he said, ‘You’re gonna need to get out of those heels!’”

But Jessica’s not going to heed his warning: “I was like, ‘Excuse me! I’ll be delivering in these heels!’”

Jessica’s doctor is right, though! Tall heels are dangerous when pregnant! Dr. Rock Positano, the Director of the Non-Surgical Foot and Ankle Service at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, has warned HollyBaby.com about the risks. “We don’t recommend extremely high heels for someone who is expecting,” he said. “Very high heels can affect balance and stability — even non-pregnant women are at risk.”

The 31-year-old designer might want to take notice, but it’s not likely she’ll give up her style anytime soon! “I like wearing things more fitted,” she explained. “You want to show off your bump! It’s just so fun. You don’t want to wear muumuus so you can moo around town.”

Do YOU think Jessica should give up her high heels? Would YOU?

More Jessica Simpson:

1. Jessica Simpson’s BFF Ken Paves Wants To Be Her Baby’s Godfather!
  2. Jessica Simpson Will Say ‘I Do!’ After The Arrival Of Her Baby
  3. Jessica Simpson: My Belly Is Bigger Than My Boobs!

Eww

Posted at 1:24 AM on November 19, 2011

Eww… This fat cow needs to be losing the heels and start thinking about ways to lose those super extra pounds she’s gained (before being pregnant) Fat ass talking about heels, get on the treadmill a fatty!

V8Slap

Posted at 1:39 PM on November 19, 2011

When you grow up… (if you do)and have kids, Look back at the garbage you post on here and see if you’re proud of it.

Give you head a shake or two

Sal

Posted at 5:24 PM on November 18, 2011

Give me a break!!!
IF she has the non-Hollywood ablility to give birth naturally, she’ll be to busy huffing and panting to worry about high heels! But I’m sure she’ll have a c-section in full makeup and high heels! How pathetic.

Kima

Posted at 5:05 PM on November 18, 2011

All pregnancies are different ladies! My feet never swelled. I did stop wearing heels around the 5th month though, simply because I felt a dull pain in my tummy whenever I wore them. I give her props if she lasts until her delivery in heels.

Courtney

Posted at 4:37 PM on November 18, 2011

some people have to stop wearing heals even before the last trimester because of high risk pregnancies like multiples or major complications look no further than Mariah Carey when she was pregnant with her twins she had to switch to flats at like 3.5 months due to complications. Jessica will regret this if it turns out she ends up with toximia and therefore on bed rest as Mariah was and having to deliver early to save her life and that of the baby like Mariah did with the twins.

gbtw

Posted at 4:04 PM on November 18, 2011

i fell in heels when i was pregnant. not anything dangerous, but your balance is off. i started tipping, and just rolled to my side to fall rather than trying to “catch” myself and risk falling on the baby. it just really isn’t safe afterawhile— but the other girls are right. the swelling in the end is what really puts the kabosh on things. but she can afford to buy bigger sizes to wear for a month and then donate or something… who knows. as long as she is safe and careful with her body, that’s all that matters. if in heels, make sure you’re not running around at least!

Mom2Girlsx2

Posted at 2:47 PM on November 18, 2011

I agree with Courtney, when she swells up in the last month or so she will get closer to the ground. Also something she there is the risk of messing up the tendons in her legs and ankles as they get more flexible from all the pregnancy hormones. She will figure things out eventually…

Courtney

Posted at 12:38 PM on November 18, 2011

that’s wishful thinking on her part the last few months of pregnancy your feet swell so heals aren’t an option