'X Factor' Recap: Astro Wows, Rachel Crow Disappoints

Thu, November 17, 2011 5:30am EDT by 12 Comments
X Factor Astro

It was Rock Week on ‘The X Factor!’ Who do YOU think deserves to stay?

The top 10 brought their all on The X Factor Nov. 16, but not everyone sang to their full potential. I thought Astro and Josh Krajcik stepped up their their game from last week, but Stacy Francis and even my favorite, Rachel Crow, were less than stellar.

Overall, hearing the mentors’ song choices was interesting because it felt like the majority of them weren’t really rock. For example, I was obsessed with Astro‘s “I’ll Be Missing You” by Puff Daddy, but was that REALLY rock? I think not.

Meanwhile, Rachel sang “Satisfaction” by the Rolling Stones, which was fantastic, but a little “Disney-esque.” At the end of the day, it wasn’t my favorite performance by her.

The rockiest song I heard tonight was Josh’s rendition of “The Pretender” by The Foo Fighters, which earned him a standing ovation from all the judges. He’s awesome. I can’t wait to see him sell out tours.

Unfortunately, the weakest for me tonight were Lakoda Rayne and Stacy Francis. Who do YOU think will be eliminated? Sound off below!

Loading video...
Loading video...

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

More ‘X Factor!’

1. Nicole Scherzinger: ‘I Can’t Wait’ To Perform On ‘The X Factor’ This Season!
  2. Simon Cowell: Rachel Crow, Melanie Amaro & Drew Won’t Be Eliminated Soon From ‘X Factor!’
  3. ‘X Factor’ Favorite Rachel Crow: I Want To Sing With Eminem!

nanlu

Posted at 6:24 PM on November 19, 2011

That kid needs to gooooo now…..cant understand Simon putting up with him,,,,,will try to stay till the end of the show,but it is gettting harder and harder.Astro is in for a rude awaking in life……the show needs to get on track and stop the bickering among the judges and only picking the people in there group…

mesquite fran

Posted at 1:45 PM on November 19, 2011

Cannot imagine the love affair with Astro..He is a dime a dozen…You could walk into any Jr. High and find someone who can do what he does..The music selection on X Factor is awful..Nicole just bombs as a mentor and a judge..You should have gotten Kara back Simon..

claire

Posted at 10:31 PM on November 18, 2011

It was not the best performance for Rachel because it was not the right song .Once again Simon is sabotaging Rachel chance to win theshow . This Simon is having some sort of problems this year to be so out of touch . Rachel is the best femelle singer , the others girls are truly boring , great voices – may be – but so boring !!!!!! nothing to offer , just more bioring time listening to those SimonDrew , Melanie and stacyand the mash mellow group , i don’t even know their name .

Tess

Posted at 7:24 PM on November 18, 2011

I don’t think Astro CAN sing and that is why he always raps. He’s good at rap, but I bet he can’t carry a tune.

glennie

Posted at 7:22 PM on November 18, 2011

all of the judges complain that all of the other contestants are doing the same thing week after week. the judges and their fighting gets old. i think they need to remember who is competing and stop competing with each other.

Charles

Posted at 10:25 AM on November 17, 2011

How can Astro’s performance be called rock? Anybody, anybody at all? L.A. complains that Rachel Crow is the same, week after week . . . well guess what L.A., so is Astro. At least Rachel has a singing voice, and what an incredible voice at that.

Astro is cute and all, and will probable make it big, but in terms of talent, really, I wasn’t aware talking was a talent – my wife is REALLY talented! This is a singing show, at least the web site says it is, I think Astro should be required to actually sing at some point during this competition.

Terence

Posted at 6:24 PM on November 17, 2011

Are you serious? This 15 year old writes all of his lyrics. What he lacks in voice he makes up with creativity and originality.

parker

Posted at 9:57 PM on November 17, 2011

YES. Agree with Terence… and Charles, you serious? You try. You go ahead and try. Rapping is just as equally a gift as singing.

Debbie

Posted at 1:51 PM on November 25, 2011

You;re confused. L.A. said Drew was the same week after week NOT Rachel. He likes Rachel.

Lisa

Posted at 9:03 AM on November 17, 2011

You’ve got it backwards Kirstin. Astro did what I expected with rock….nothing but more hip hop. Poor performance as usual.

Josh and Rachel however, had the ONLY rock performances of the evening and get the applause from me for bring the crowd to their feet.

jess

Posted at 7:38 PM on November 17, 2011

cOME ON kIRSTIN!!! rACHEL IS AWESOME AND AMAZING!!! i’M AGREE ONLY JOSH AND RACHEL HAD THE ONLY REALLY ROCK PERFORMANCE!!!
RCHEL IS THE BEST!!!!!

felicia

Posted at 9:23 PM on November 17, 2011

Whoever the Guy is that said hip hop is just talking is crazy. I guess rock is just screaming. Listen to the lyrics. I bet you or your wife aren’t talented enough to do what astro did.