Taylor Swift Totally Disses Miley Cyrus: Watch!

Thu, November 17, 2011 4:47pm EDT by 97 Comments

NEW FEUD ALERT: Miley Cyrus is NOT going to be happy about Taylor Swift’s comments on the next 60 Minutes show. She comes out clearly slamming Miley’s comments about NOT wanting to be a role model.  Taylor begs to disagree! Read why!

Taylor Swift is sending a message loud and clear! The 21-year-old says she can tell you exactly why she doesn’t walk out of her house wearing cleavage baring tops and itty-bitty skirts!

“I definitely think about a million people when I’m getting dressed in the morning and that’s just part of my life now,” Taylor says. “I think it’s my responsibility to know it and to be conscious of it. It would be really easy to say I’m 21 now, I do what I want. You raise your kids! But it’s not the truth of it. The truth of it is-  every singer out there with songs on the radio is raising the next generation.”

Miley Cyrus, 18, told Harper’s Bazaar that she wants people to stop giving her a hard time for her skimpy outfits because she’s “not a role model.”

“My job isn’t to tell your kids how to act or how not to act because I’m still figuring that out for myself,” she told the magazine. “To take that away from me is a bit selfish. Your kids are going to make mistakes whether I do or not. That’s just life.”

The entire interview airs Nov. 20 on CBS! Who do you agree with- Taylor or Miley?

— Chloe Melas

Read More About Taylor Swift!

1. Watch Taylor Perform ‘Just A Dream’ With Nelly!
  2. Must-Have Beauty Products: Go Glam Like Taylor Swift With COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Products!
  3. Taylor Swift’s Dramatic Met Ball Makeup — How To Get The Look!

Kris

Posted at 9:10 AM on November 19, 2011

Wow how petty I mean seriously she’s not slamming Miley Cyrus, nor is Miley Cyrus the first celeb to say this.

I do agree that Taylor does sound full of herself though. Her nice girl gimmick (or nice woman ;)) is getting old fast.

Anne

Posted at 8:29 AM on November 19, 2011

I agree with miley ^^

LambertJohanna

Posted at 9:55 PM on November 18, 2011

my co-worker’s sister-in-law makes $86 an hour on the internet. She has been out of work for 5 months but last month her pay was $8469 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read this site MakeCash4. c o m

jen

Posted at 7:19 PM on November 18, 2011

Taylor Swift’s head is getting a little too inflated lately.

I'M HERE

Posted at 2:24 PM on November 18, 2011

It’s an easy cop-out to say that the parents need to tell their kids NOT to watch or behave like any celebrity…that’s just not the real world. Kids take a liking to them regardless…they all want to be beautiful, rich & get cute guys…so if they see that these people dress & act a certain way, maybe they think they can have all that stuff like they do, if they do what the celebrities do. They don’t know…they are KIDS! Haven’t you ever heard of the phrase ‘it takes a whole village to raise a child’? That’s bc it’s so true…in reality, a parent cannot always be there to watch every single thing their child(ren) do. Not to mention, kids really don’t want to talk to their parents about their latest crushes or about who they look up to. Do you think that every teenage girl tells their parents their latest crush or a celebrity they idolize ~ & if the parent didn’t agree w/that choice & voiced it to that child, do you they would just stop? Think about what you say before you comment next time /:]

blaize

Posted at 3:02 PM on November 18, 2011

That may be true, but it’s not realistic to tell any teenager or adult that they can only wear and do things that are appropriate for children to imitate. If that were the case, there’d be no freedom of expression or sexuality. Everything would be fake and nobody would be truly happy. No young adult’s life should revolve around little kids.

jon

Posted at 2:05 PM on November 18, 2011

honestly, taylor swift’s music rocks but she is not the normal person. she relates to young girls and that’s it and isn’t looking for a serious older fan base. her material is great for her but anyone that is 18 or older will agree that her persona is that of a 16 year old. all she does is talk about boys and wear glittery dresses.

miley gives a much more realistic view of a teenager and is actually age appropriate. her outfits she wears out are not always stylish to everyone but she’s never inappropriate for her own age, perhaps 12 year olds that like her, but not actually her.

people need to realize that it’s strange that as a 22 year old woman all taylor swift has to talk about is boys, magic, glitter and sparkles. it comes off as very immature to anyone not under the age of 16

Chris

Posted at 1:54 PM on November 18, 2011

What a distortion!!! It’s astounding that HollywoodLife.com consistantly distorts the truth and engages in outright lies about the celebrities it covers and it’s even more astounding that so many are taken in by the deceit. Taylor Swift did not mention Miley Cyrus in her statement, contrary to the insinuation in this article. She was talking about herself and the way she acts, not about anyone else. And Miley Cyrus was talking about herself and the way she acts, as an individual who is not responsible for the actions of others who she doesn’t even know. And of course she said what she said in a specific context, two years ago, as her contract with the Disney Channel was coming to its end and she was obviously–acting like a typical 17-year old–rebelling against the oppressive thought control imposed upon her for years by Disney Corp. Once again, the only bad guys here are the reporters and editors at HollywoodLife.com, certainly not the two young entertainers who were the victims of deliberate distortion.

carol

Posted at 10:02 AM on November 18, 2011

I agree wiith both Taylor & Miley. Taylor is a role model and she is a really good one. But I think Taylor would act pretty much the same if she were not famous because I think that it is her character and nature to be the “good girl”. I love Taylor and I love that she cares about the young people who look to her as a role model – Taylor is the best!

But Miley does have a good point in that other young people will make their own mistakes whether Miley does or not. The problem is that Miley was on the most popular and famous TV show for young people and Disney likes to “sell” a brand – they like to present their stars as the angelic goodie goodies and then when one of them has a real life issue as most people do, they turn their backs on them and attempt to put a black mark on their career. Miley grew up primarily from age 11 in the spotlight with cameras following and documenting her every move and in every interview Miley, I believe was made to feel compelled to present heself as a girl with no imperfections – which at best is a very difficult thing to live up to. Miley is far from perfect, but she is honest and in many ways still is a good role model. Miley supports many good causes and I beleive gets a bad rap in many cases.

I really resent these type of articles that try to pit these stars against one another. Both of these girls have been friends and on good terms in the past & probably still do have great affection for one another. No need for comparisons – AND I don’t believe that Taylor was trying to put anyone else down or compare herself to anyone else – she was merely talking ablout herself and how sbe lives her life and how she presents herself to the public and fans. BOTH girls have every right to live their lives in the manner which is most comfortable to them!

TheTruth

Posted at 9:09 AM on November 18, 2011

There is a reason movies are rated. There is a reason video games are now rated. Now, thanks to the Mileys, the Gagas, the Britneys, it will be soon that music videos and concerts will be rated. There always has to be a group of performers or producers that tend to rebel and take advantage of the spotlight to ruin the decently level of unrated entertainment to make money. At least Swift reflects the truth that some kids will try to copy this type of indecent behavior. We see it everyday. Its a fact. GOOD for Taylor Swift. It is nice to know some young adults have their head on strait. Young folks may not agree, but you can bet the parents of most teens agree.

blaize

Posted at 12:44 PM on November 18, 2011

Entertainers have the right to express and explore their sexuality through their art. That doesn’t mean they’re bad. Sexuality is a natural part of life.

bobzq

Posted at 8:50 AM on November 18, 2011

Love how these people are sticking Milys name all over this article, just ti start some friction

ash

Posted at 9:33 AM on November 18, 2011

Yeah they tend to do that alot. I bet they’ll delete these comments too. These writers love to start drama.

No Name

Posted at 8:23 AM on November 18, 2011

So honest!
Im with Miss Miley Cyrus in this one!!

Atlanta

Posted at 8:18 AM on November 18, 2011

I’m so agree with Miley!!

I like her character!!!

Georgia

Posted at 7:59 AM on November 18, 2011

Miley’s a teenager who is making mistakes like every other teenager.

Taylor is 21 years old almost 22.

How did Taylor act when she was 17-18?

Don't need to know

Posted at 10:01 AM on November 18, 2011

Taylor is a country girl? K people stop bashing her. Thanks (:

AMY

Posted at 7:57 AM on November 18, 2011

MILEY SAID THAT ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO!

Smiler

Posted at 7:31 AM on November 18, 2011

Miley is herself but Taylor is not. Miley is living her life like us. Taylor is trying not to make mistakes like Selena does!

Lindz

Posted at 4:21 AM on November 18, 2011

I don´t have anything for them, I´m not fan actually of any of them but I have to say that Miley is living the life in a way of course, of a real teen. Taylor Swift for me is fake and pretend to be a person she´s not. Teenagers make mistakes during their teens years and that´s normal, there is nothing about being a role model or not. The real thing is to know if those teens celebrities are sincere or not and Miley Cyrus is the only natural and real of them all.
Taylor swift is really not an example to follow: dating a lot of guys and then revenge on them in songs is really immature stupid and pathetic. To dress most of the time like a granny don´t make you a model, pretend to be an innocent young girl don’t make you a model to follow too. She´s so fake and we don’t learn anything new from her that it´s not written into DISNEY´S books.

Misunderstood

Posted at 9:11 PM on November 18, 2011

I can relate to Taylor. Does that mean I am not “a real teen”?

I can’t tell you that she’s not fake. But you can’t tell me that she’s fake. Unless you know her personally, no one can say for sure whether or not she is “fake”. She does not “pretend” to be a person she’s not. She just likes to keep her personal life PRIVATE. I know a lot of people say that’s not true because she releases songs about her personal life but it IS true – she doesn’t like to talk about her personal life but she writes songs to express herself.

Yes, Taylor has made mistakes. Just not ones involving sex, drugs or alcohol (that we know of).

As a songwriter and romantic, I feel like Taylor’s very misunderstood. She does not date a lot of guys, it just seems like it because there’s always so much media attention. She does not get revenge on them in songs. She writes songs to express herself. Not all of her songs are written from experience. Not all of her songs are about love. Not all of her love songs are sad or are about break ups. Not all of her sad break up love songs “blame” the guy. She has only ever written one song with revenge as the theme and that was about a girl who stole her boyfriend and Taylor never confirmed who it was about.

She does not dress like a granny. Have you not noticed how the writers of this article have twisted everything up? Not only has Taylor never said anything about Miley Cyrus but she also hasn’t said anything about not “wearing cleavage baring tops and itty-bitty skirts”. Yes, she says she “thinks about a million people when I’m getting dressed” but she has mentioned before (although it’s not mentioned in this article) that she’s just not comfortable showing a lot of skin (and that’s HER CHOICE).

She doesn’t pretend to be an innocent young girl. She just doesn’t feel the need to use sex in her music, career and publicity. She’s written a song about sex but, much like Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream”, it was done in a romantic, making love context (which is good. About time that people promote that sex can actually be a *SHOCK* *HORROR *GASP* natural, beautiful act between two people in love).

She is my role model because she has helped me get through so much with her songwriting. She writes to express herself and is a romantic just like me. Sorry if I can’t say the same about Miley Cyrus (although I have nothing against her).

Misunderstood

Posted at 9:14 PM on November 18, 2011

Have I mentioned that she does not dress like a granny? God, she wears short skirts and high heels just as much as the next “Miley Cyrus”.

variel

Posted at 4:12 AM on November 18, 2011

She didn’t slam Miley Cyrus! She didn’t even say her name!! She just voiced her opinion, that’s all. She’s a good role model. Children tend to look up to celebrity and we have a good one here.

@JW

Posted at 1:00 AM on November 18, 2011

@jw Taylor Swifyt is a role model with somethings but for me I think I wouldn’t want my kids(in the future, I don’t have kids of my own) looking up to someone that calls out her ex boyfriends to make fools of them. I think your right though on the other things about Taylor.

As for Miley sure she’s made some major mistakes in her life but she did learn from them. As for smoking, its a choice no MATTER how many times you tell someone NOT to do it, doesn’t mean they will STOP. Take my older brothers for example they will smoke next to me when we’re outside I tell them that can lead to cancer but they wont listen. It’s their choice and THEY have to LIVE with it. It’s not like Miley is on an ad to promote smoking and she has had a lot to over come. Miley has a famous/well know father and she had to have people say that she is ONLY famous because of HIM. She also had to over come the disney’s hold on her which I think she rebelled agaisnt quite badly. She also had her father and mothers ‘divorce’ to deal with as well as her father saying how much Hannah Montana RUINED his life. With all of that I think she made some stupid mistakes but learning from them is a far bigger statement about who she is and how strong she is as a person.

I believe that regardless of the situation that celeb SHOULDN’T be a ‘role model’ for anyone because celebs DON’T act like WHO they are anyway!!!!

Ei

Posted at 8:37 AM on November 18, 2011

Oh, I’m sure Taylor has also committed lots of mistakes and actions she regrets in her life, like all of us. She just didn’t commit them by wearing slutty, skimpy outfits.

live and let live

Posted at 12:47 PM on November 18, 2011

A woman has the right to wear whatever she wants. As long as she’s not showing her privates or walking down the street in her bra and panties, people shouldn’t have a problem with it. It’s just clothing.

turquoise

Posted at 12:07 AM on November 18, 2011

I totally agree with Miley, I do not understand why ppl have their children look up too celebrities!!! 4 what?? shouldn’t they be looking up too u, cuz ur the parent?? & I think Taylor was not tlkn about Miley…

Courtney

Posted at 4:00 AM on November 18, 2011

People don’t have they’re children look up to them, it’s the childrens choice. And if Miley likes it or not they are going to watch her behavior, and a lot of kids who look up to people like Demi, Selena, Taylor and Miley do get motivated to act like them.

MICHELLE

Posted at 1:00 PM on November 18, 2011

well then people need to tell their children NOT to WATCH her. Miley don’t care if God Watch her BEHAVIOR.

Stan

Posted at 11:28 PM on November 17, 2011

Why Is this site comparing a statment made by miley 2 years ago with a statement made by Taylor just recently. Hum. If you are going to do that, you might as well check out Taylors behavior when we was 16 and 17 then get back. Oh wait you can’t Taylor deleted all that information a couple of years ago so no one would ever know. STOP comparing them especially when they make statement 2 years apart. People change, but I love Miley honesty. She is who she is. Taylor just admited she is trying to be someone who other people want her to be. That’s not cool.

Anonymous

Posted at 8:00 AM on November 18, 2011

Taylor didn’t say that she is trying to be someone who other people want her to be. She is saying that she knows that she is a role model and she wants to be a good role model to teenagers and kids. I think that its great that she thinks twice about how what she is doing can affect other people before doing it. She didn’t say that she was pretending to be someone better and who she isn’t, I think that she is honestly trying to be someone better, I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

WTF

Posted at 11:18 PM on November 17, 2011

WTF? She didn’t slam Miley, nor talk about Miley at all.

Anonymous

Posted at 11:14 PM on November 17, 2011

Oh come on. Miley is stupid. Everyone is someone else’s role model when you think about it. It’s just a part of life. What I hear from Miley is that she’s not going to apologize for being a whore…good on her at least she owns it. But I’ll have to go with Taylor here. As a teacher I’m always watching what I’m doing and saying because whether I like it or not someone’s always watching..whether it be on a small scale or the entire world.

turquoise

Posted at 12:09 AM on November 18, 2011

your an teacher???? & you are talking like this?? I wonder what u teach ur student?

watch what you say

Posted at 12:52 PM on November 18, 2011

A whore is a person who sleeps around, or a prostitute. Unless you have PROOF of Miley Cyrus having sex with people for money, know everyone she has had sex with, or proof of her hooking up with people’s husbands, you can’t ACCURATELY label her a whore. Dressing and dancing provocatively aren’t enough to make a woman a whore.

V8Slap

Posted at 9:42 PM on November 17, 2011

Does it make any sense if I say that they are both right?

Taylor is 21. Good for her for making the conscientious effort. Miley IS just a teenager and figuring it out. and the little difference in age IS a big factor. In your 20’s, your evolve some much so fast.

giftee

Posted at 3:41 AM on November 18, 2011

someday miley will just realize what she’s doing is bad.I’m used to be a fan of miley cyrus when she was in hannah montana and i’m always looking forward to her from what she do..but still i’m hoping and praying that miley could change

helllokitty

Posted at 8:17 PM on November 17, 2011

im not gonna choose

jw

Posted at 8:14 PM on November 17, 2011

did tay even mention mileys name?? NO! they just have different views on the matter. but quite frankly, i think tay has her haed on more straight. let me just say, if i had a kid, id sure as hell rather see them look up to the talented singer songwriter, who has never smoked (miley being the one who got caught smoking on tape) and the girl waited to drink until she was 21, and still doesnt drink alot.i think tay worked extremely hard and worked for her success, not that miley didnt, but miley sorta just had it thrown at her by disney, like all the other disney stars