'X Factor' Darling Rachel Crow Bashes Astro: I'd Rather Work With Eminem

Thu, November 17, 2011 6:11pm EDT by 145 Comments
Rachel Crow Astro Feud

Is there some rivalry going on between two of the youngest ‘The X Factor’ competitors? We think so!

Rachel Crow and Astro may be two of the youngest performers on this season’s The X Factor, but from the sound of it, they aren’t standing strong together — they each have their own agendas.

Last night after “Rock Night,” HollywoodLife.com chatted with Rachel, 13, about working someday with her 15-year-old rapper co-star, since she’d told us before how much she loves rap music. However, she seemed less than enthused about the prospect.

“Ummm collaborating with Astro, I don’t know,” the adorable crowd favorite told us exclusively. “I love Astro, he’s awesome and I love him…I’d love to collaborate with him but definitely Eminem would be my number one.”

So far, Astro and Rachel are two of the top contenders to win the season. All three judges seem obsessed with them and the crowd goes nuts every time either walks on stage. In the battle of Astro versus Rachel Crow, who do YOU think will win?

Reporting by Jeff Platt

More ‘X Factor!’

1. Nicole Scherzinger: ‘I Can’t Wait’ To Perform On ‘The X Factor’ This Season!
  2. Simon Cowell: Rachel Crow, Melanie Amaro & Drew Won’t Be Eliminated Soon From ‘X Factor!’
  3. ‘X Factor’ Favorite Rachel Crow: I Want To Sing With Eminem!

Heather Maiden

Posted at 6:21 PM on November 24, 2011

I think Rachel Crow is amazing. I also think Josh is amazing. There is so much talent on that stage that it will be hard to choose.

S.J. Taylor

Posted at 5:32 PM on November 24, 2011

They need to take this goofy looking spoiled brat off the show ASAP!!!!!!! He is a no talent No personality idiot that could never win over the other contestants especially Rachel. I am so sick of this stupid rap music it is really getting old and basically for no talent people who can’t sing. We need newer and better music and talented singers that know how to entertain….Please vote this brat off!!!!

ANDREA

Posted at 4:10 PM on November 24, 2011

ASTROOOO I LOVE YOU! ALL ARE THE BEST OF MY COMMAND ONLY VOTES FOR YOU ARE A STAR AND REMEMBER I AM THE BEST I HAVE POSTERS OF YOUR FANS EVERYWHERE IN MY ROOM LISTEN YOUR SONGS EVERY DAY ALL THE HOURS

CRSMP5

Posted at 8:18 PM on November 23, 2011

Astro is nothing but a young punk n!gger wanna be that has NO talent!

Big Dave

Posted at 6:02 PM on November 23, 2011

Astro I think you hurt your image alittle bit,and with your talent you can bounce back.Me myself think you lost a lot of fans last week and I want be surprised if you are in the bottom 2 this week.If you are you have to gain the public trust back and perform like its your last time and your life depended on it.Dont let your attitude destroy your dream,believe me it can and will.And if you dont change it the times we are living now YA!in 5 years you may be better then Jay Z but you will be still sitting in your New York apartment with an attitude.Dont blow it man you only get one real shot and again you got to much talent

So Smoove

Posted at 5:48 PM on November 23, 2011

Hey Astro you may not understand how many fans you lost last week.You are to talented to act the way you did last week.Not only did you hurt yourself on the show,some producers would not touch you after you did that.I am 43 years old and I like you when first heard you.Young man you did hurt yourself last week and I want be surprise if you are in the bottom 2 this,but if you are go at it like a champ you can do.Honestly you are the best on the show and the can also fall.Dont let your attitude mess up your dream

me

Posted at 1:59 AM on November 23, 2011

The title of this was misleading. Shame on you hollywoodlife for misrepresenting Rachel’s comments through a false and misleading title. This is the reputation of a 13 year old girl you’re profiting off of to get more views on your website. To place a misleading title that will influence her, a minor, to get page views? SHAME ON YOU!

grrgw

Posted at 11:32 AM on November 21, 2011

I think Astro needs to grow up,there’s plenty of Hip-Hop that’s better and have allot more respect towards other people then himself.That’s awful what he did and how he’s been acting.I was in Professtional Show-Biz at the age of 8 and had bad and good days but i would never act like that—SHAME ON HIM TAKE HIM OFF THE AIR AND GROW UP.Your not the best.

Ann

Posted at 10:33 AM on November 21, 2011

I think Astro blew any chance of winning the 5 million with his smart mouth.

yul

Posted at 11:58 AM on November 20, 2011

I completely beleive that Astro and Drew are the ones to beat im sorry but if you think this kid does not have the x factor your clearly dilusional , i’ve never seen a kid his age write his own lyrics the way he does on this competition not to mention the way he hypes up the crowd I could see this kid selling out concerts def on Jay Z’s radar, and so what if he’s cocky you would be too if you were good at something and honestly I understand were he’s coming from with his frustration this kid has been wrighting his own music and beats since he could speak and his audition song come on stop lookin at my mom it was great and he wrote it he doesnt spend his time singing disney tunes he’s the real deal.

ChWR

Posted at 5:06 AM on November 20, 2011

She’s not bashing Astro..
Very wrong choice of word..

L. J. Feldman

Posted at 7:16 PM on November 19, 2011

Astro is a punk. He should be grateful to be on a national show and if he is so sensetive “I don’t wanna perform for people who don’t want me here” he will never, never, never make it in show business.
He is a gangster wannabe, but really just a punk. he should quit X factor, he will definately be voted off the show this week anyway. He is toast.

Roro

Posted at 5:21 PM on November 19, 2011

Please these people have no life… this is CLEARLY not bashing. But anyhow I think Rachel Crow is much more likely to win if either of them does because Astro is arrogant and cocky and he is growing an attitude as the show progresses. I’m definitely not seeing many people vote for him, as he can do nothing but rap and I mean… COME ON. It was rock week and he rapped, it’s because he doesn’t SING. And someone who doesn’t have that special talent shouldn’t win the competition. I mean it’s called X-FACTOR.

yul

Posted at 12:18 PM on November 20, 2011

If you think Astro doesnt have the x factor your on something that kid is beyond his years with his talent, and so what if hes cocky you would be too if you were good at something , he is young he has maturing to do and I understand his frustration because he came from a broken home and instead of getting into something bad he spent his day wrighting music and making beats , that kid could hype up any crowd and sell out concerts in a matter of time , the show isn’t only looking for singing qualities its looking for overall talent and its made to creat a great artist , if you consider him as not having talent take a look at the biggest names in music kanye/Jay z do you consider them as having no talent ……. exactly

AtkinsHarvey

Posted at 3:19 PM on November 19, 2011

my co-worker’s mom makes $75/hr on the laptop. She has been fired for 9 months but last month her income was $7774 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read about it on this web site Calm Cash. c0m

Debbie

Posted at 1:49 PM on November 19, 2011

Let’s get back to the subject in this article. First off the title is saying or at least implying that Rachel bashed Astro. If you’ll read the entire article, she clearly did nothing of the sort!!

I understand that this “Hollywood Gossip” article here is exactly what it implies ..GOSSIP.

But how do you get here saying she’s like to perform wi/ Emmience as bashing Astro???! From the very beginning she has said that. It’s not Rachels style to bash..so ‘get a grip’ or get another job writing for an honest publication.

Jody

Posted at 12:18 PM on November 19, 2011

I love Rachel crow I hope she wins I don’t like Astros attitude

Henna

Posted at 4:46 PM on November 19, 2011

he is awsum ryt dont flippin diss

Freddy

Posted at 10:29 AM on November 19, 2011

Astro doesn’t need the show any longer. He will have a recording deal irregardless. Staying on the show just delays his career as a writer/performer.

As an overall talent show looking for an artist that has diversity, there aren’t many contenders. The hairy burrito dude, Rachel Crowe and maybe the colored dude that was looking up the chicks skirts.

Mary

Posted at 8:35 PM on November 19, 2011

Well..there have been others like him who have no longevity..he can’t sing..but then..neither can Justin Beiber..I wonbder if new artist have ever heard of melody..or what harmony is..music has been lost for a long time..

sherry

Posted at 9:24 AM on November 23, 2011

“colored dude”…wow…

gladis

Posted at 4:34 AM on November 19, 2011

i love astro but what he did thursday night was not right…i feel that he forgot he is in a conpetition ! you need to fight for what you want!

Andy

Posted at 1:35 AM on November 19, 2011

I think they should end this show for Astro because i think he has all it take to winning the X Factor, pls don,t hate him, Astro i luv u no matter what happen.

Debbie

Posted at 11:37 PM on November 18, 2011

Continued.
The title of of this “Hollywood Life” write-up reminds me of the National Enquirer. The sensationalism of creating wagging tongues over turning something said into something else.
I agree with the poster below.
She absolutely did NOT bash Astro. She simple stated she would rather rap with Emmenin. How is that bashing??!! uuuuh Huh?
I suppose you needed something to write about that was juicy and so this was what you dreams up…
Sheesh!!!

Debbie

Posted at 11:32 PM on November 18, 2011

This is an insane and untrue title.
Rachel did not bash anyone.
This is how gossip starts.
Get a grip.!!

Alex

Posted at 11:01 PM on November 18, 2011

Stop trying to fan a little smoke into a fire. The girl said she’d rather collaborate with somebody other than Astro. That doesn’t make them rivals, it merely reflects the fact she likes Eminem. So what?

Astro needs to learn manners and needs to grow up a bit. If he’d wait about five years he’d be a force to be reckoned with. But for now he’s an arrogant little oaf whom the audience would probably like to see gone.

Ashlee

Posted at 11:00 PM on November 18, 2011

I hate Astro’s attitude, especially when he was in the bottom 2

LambertJohanna

Posted at 9:54 PM on November 18, 2011

my co-worker’s sister-in-law makes $86 an hour on the internet. She has been out of work for 5 months but last month her pay was $8469 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read this site MakeCash4. c o m

Alex

Posted at 11:02 PM on November 18, 2011

Thanks for the info, spammer. Now do us a favor and try not to come back.

cc

Posted at 7:50 PM on November 18, 2011

i don’t think the Judges should do the save. It should be who gets the lowest number of votes/.