PETA Attacks Kim Kardashian On New Billboard

Thu, November 17, 2011 1:51pm EDT by 27 Comments
kim kardashian peta billboard

The reality star finds herself in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons in PETA’s latest billboard — and it looks like her penchant for fur is to blame!

For those of you who watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians, I’m sure you remember when Khloe Kardashian famously stripped down for PETA. Khloe was horrified after watching a video expose filmed inside of fur farms — but it looks like her big sis Kim Kardashian didn’t have the same reaction, and PETA has definitely singled her out! Fur was a huge trend on the fall 2011 runways, and we’re seeing the trend on a slew of celebs, including Kim — but I doubt she expected to find herself on PETA’s latest billboard.

The sign, which features the reality star and foxes, reads “Kim: These Babies Miss Their Mother. Is She on Your Back?” PETA Senior Vice President Lisa Lange defended the message saying,”Kim knows that animals on fur farms are beaten, electrocuted, and often skinned alive. We’ve explained it to her, and she’s watched a video exposé that was filmed inside fur farms.”

By posting the billboard, PETA is hoping Kim plans to “divorce herself from fur and say “I do” to a more compassionate wardrobe,” but do you think they’re going about it in the right way?

Fur is definitely a controversial topic, especially right now when it’s so popular, but do you think it’s right for the organization to point a finger at Kim when she isn’t the only celeb wearing fur? It looks like Kim is dealing with a bunch of backlash and has certainly fallen from her reality star-pedestal, due to her personal life and decisions — but do you think she deserves to have a big billboard dedicated to her wardrobe choices?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

Amanda

Posted at 4:37 AM on January 31, 2012

Yes,I do feel as though a finger should be pointed directly at Kim for several reasons. The main reason being they’re supposedly such a supportive family of each other so therefore she was all about supporting her sister,Khloe posing for PETA. So she knows exactly what’s done to those poor poor animals and apparently she would rather spend money on what’s hot in the fashion world to keep up with all of it’s BS instead of stepping up and refusing to do so and finding something less harsh to show off her $$$$ with. I just am sorry I have to admit I am to a certain extent a Kardashian fan,however Kim is NOT at all one that I’m a fan of I feel she’s very selfish and caught up in wanting the fame n fortune rather then having it while staying relatively humble as I feel Khloe and Kourtney do much more of. She’s just ridiculous I will admit she does work and from what I see does put a lot of effort and is a hard worker but she just drives me nuts! Sorry Kim fans!! At one point I liked her until the episode of kris humph. Playfully throwing her in the water and her being COMPLETELY fine until noticing she lost an earring worth more then some peoples homes and started balling and throwing a complete childish temper tantrum. She needs to be a lot more grateful for her fortunes and blessings,And a lot less careless of being number one in the spotlight whether it be for good reasons or bad…and unfortunately mostly it’s all bad n ridiculous!!! She needs help!!!!

Amanda

Posted at 4:57 AM on January 31, 2012

Also not to mention I believe humph. Said it best if you’ve got to freak out SO BADLY over losing something that you clearly stated the amount of $$$ spent on it in most cases that’s indicating u probably shouldn’t have gotten it to begin with if it’s not something u could afford to lose and not literally have a heart attack if done so!!!

Janis Farmanian

Posted at 6:11 PM on November 23, 2011

animals are skinned alive for coats. Trust me, I know. Kim is an example to women all over the country…. stop wearing fur!!

LadyEpic

Posted at 8:43 PM on November 19, 2011

We eat animals, don’t we? We raise and fatten just so they can be slaughtered. We put cows on machines and milk them so much that they bleed. If you say she’s wrong, you’re a hypocrite.

Broderick

Posted at 6:39 AM on November 20, 2011

Makes me ill. Eating for nourishment and wearing a skin for an accessory only are two totally different things.

Amanda

Posted at 4:44 AM on January 31, 2012

Disagreed there’s a huge difference between the animals that will be unfortunately killed whether one person or another stands up n becomes vegetarian doesn’t drink milk whatever the case,then skinning alive animals that would never be thought of to be slaughtered as part of a food chain until some heartless rich fag decides it’d look nice to wear it on their effin backs!!!

BRI

Posted at 7:30 PM on November 19, 2011

OH MY GOSH…GROW UP. WHEN WAS IT ILLEGAL TO LIKE FUR? EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO BELIEVE IN WHAT THEY WANT. I WOULD NEVER WEAR REAL FUR OR LEATHER BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN I SHOULD EXPECT EVERYONE TO FEEL THE SAME. KIM HAS RIGHTS JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. GROW UP AND GET A BETTER STORY.

Mandy

Posted at 6:13 PM on November 23, 2011

obviously, you have never seen a video of an animal skinned alive or a video of an animal in a slaughterhouse running for its life… scared to death and thats just for starters…go vegan

Mary H Secor

Posted at 6:20 PM on November 19, 2011

I would still like to know what kind of talent the Kardashians have… It is unknown.. but they do know how to promote themselves and get rich doing it…

katela

Posted at 9:38 AM on November 19, 2011

I love that they are using a pre-nose job photo. She looks like a falafel waitress.

jess

Posted at 1:55 AM on November 19, 2011

Mmmmmm…… YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!!!

andrea

Posted at 3:32 PM on November 18, 2011

this money hungry woman doesnt care, unfortunately. why should she? she’s go such low morals.

get real

Posted at 2:01 AM on November 18, 2011

What truly amazes me is how people can genuinely be intrigued by an individual who would sell her sould to the devil to make money. Does she even know who she is? Exactly what is it that she stands for? My daughter isn’t allowed to watch television simply due to the fact that there is garbage being aired and other parents allow their kids to look to this person as a role model. Absolutely dumb founding!!! She made a sex tape, then posed in playboy, now she wants the world to take her seriously. Please, great legacy she’s leaving behind for her kids to see and view…I’m sure papa Kardashian is rolling around in his grave knowing that his “litte” girl turned out to be such a …..
When the tweens and wannabees grow up…hopefully they’ll kick themselves for thinking she was an innovator..worthy of praise like Steve Jobs…I think not..
I rather stand for something then sell myself out for money..because after all that said and done..money sure as hell can’t buy you back your self-respect.

Amanda

Posted at 4:48 AM on January 31, 2012

Amen!!!!!

chelsea

Posted at 10:27 PM on November 17, 2011

I think it is disgusting that Kim still chooses to wear fur. I cannot believe that it is still a popular item when the means to achieve it are so horrifying. In my opinion fur should be illegal – faux fur is just fine! Anyone who thinks fur is okay needs to wake up. Gross.

Ann

Posted at 6:03 PM on November 17, 2011

I do think it’s wrong that she wears fur so often. Some people just perfer it though. I personally will never wear fur or leather, it grosses me out. I feel so bad for these poor animals. :(

Ann

Posted at 5:59 PM on November 17, 2011

omg, can people stop being so meanto them?!.. my god, it was HER marriage, not the whole worlds. Some people are just not supposed to be married to one another, no matter how much they love each other. Like, Kris Jenner said, “We air everything, we are raw”, that’s why they have successful reality shows, endorsement deals and are smart business people. So if you don’t like them or signed up for the petition to get the Kardashian’s off the air, then don’t watch it!.. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO! Me & millions of people like them because they don’t hide who they are even though they will get bad press.Oh and just so you all know, if it wasn’t the kardashian’s on tv, people would sign a petition to get whomever it is, off the air. It doesn’t matter who it is, people just want to know they have a say even though no one clearly cares.

lorjon

Posted at 12:20 AM on November 18, 2011

People aren’t mad at her for the divorce really. It’s all the lying and the fakeness and the plugging everything from diet food to hair removal devices to selling anything and everything and posing for Playboy and on and on just to make $$$.

Bibi

Posted at 3:04 PM on November 27, 2011

Omg I so agree w/u … I wish ur post culd b in bigger font & repeated every 3 post !!! .,,, so many ppl w/no lives … Worrying about the lives of succesful women .,,, who gives a care how they became rich !!! U ppl so called sounding off !!! Ur just a bunch of jealous hating as no life having women ….. Mind ur business & like it’s been previously posted “if u dnt like them then don’t watch”

Sarah

Posted at 4:52 PM on November 17, 2011

This is even another reason for everyone to sign the petition against the kardashians!!!!! Every vote counts. Enough of these superficial, shallow, greedy, money hungry fame whores. Esp kim.

Gina

Posted at 4:50 PM on November 17, 2011

There are PLENTY of updated pics of her wearing fur…shes so gross and selfish

brandi

Posted at 3:58 PM on November 17, 2011

has she heard of faux fur!?! im sick of the kardashians. fake stupid whores

caitie

Posted at 11:34 AM on November 20, 2011

considering you don’t know them personally, that’s a really hurtful thing to say.

Brenda Bancs

Posted at 2:18 PM on November 17, 2011

I find it unforgiveible that she saw how they kill these animals and still chose to wear fur. Shame on you Kim, and anyone else that chooses to wear fur! It’s all about YOU!!!

NN

Posted at 2:14 PM on November 17, 2011

Yes she does! She watched the video, she should know better. But really with Kim she can’t think. She’s just all about fame and making money. Kmt

Farrah

Posted at 2:11 PM on November 17, 2011

Why did they took an old picture ?

c