Nikki Reed: I Didn't Diss My 'Breaking Dawn' Co-Stars

Thu, November 17, 2011 9:28am EST by 11 Comments
Nikki Reed

Remember when Nikki recently told ‘Seventeen’ that the cast aren’t best friends? HollywoodLife.com let Nikki set the record straight at the NYC ‘Breaking Dawn’ premiere!

Nikki Reed couldn’t have been more adamant that the quotes from her Seventeen interview were taken out of context when we spoke to her at the Breaking Dawn screening hosted by the Cinema Society & DKNY on Nov. 16 — and we believe her!

“I really hate having to explain myself because I find it really unclassy,” she told reporters. “But my quotes were really taken out of context. When you say something you can’t always hear exactly the way it sounds and then people have the ability to twist things.”

In case you forgot or didn’t know, this is what Nikki was quoted telling the November issue of Seventeen:

“In the beginning, it was innocent and fun, we were like one big happy family,” Nikki said. “Then success comes along and changes the dynamic. We’re not all best friends, and we’re not all going to hang out together after the final movie is done.”

Nikki went on to explain that she “loves” Kristen Stewart, Ashley Greene, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner — but they’re not having sleepovers every weekend!

“It’s not like on a Thursday night I call up Peter [Facinelli] and I’m like ‘hey what are you doing tonight?'” she tells us. “Isn’t a friend you call all the time? It’s not like we’re having sleepovers! But when we see each other it’s like a family, we’ve grown up together. But it’s like high school — you have all of these different personalities and you’re bound to change and grow in different directions.”

We think Nikki eloquently defined her definition of friendship and we’re so glad she was able to clear this up!

– Chloe Melas

More ‘Breaking Dawn’ Premiere News!

1. Edward defends Bella against the wolves!
  2. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Have ‘Tremendous Sexual Chemistry’ Says Expert!
  3. Kristen Stewart ‘Breaking Dawn’ Premiere Dress: Get A 360 Degree Look!

Kristina

Posted at 9:40 AM on February 18, 2012

anonimus sicrve:questa cosa e stata scritta da OK MAGAZINE e nessuna fonte puo essere mai affidabilissima visto che i pettogoli( fonti ) vengono pagati e le notizie che danno non sono mai verificate

BELLE

Posted at 5:07 AM on November 20, 2011

Don’t like her… ever. I tried.. but still can’t. She holds personal vendetta against Rob because she was in love with him in Twiligth the first… But seems like Rob has no place in his heart for her.. ‘coz he was fallin’ in love with Kristen even before they start filming.. Rob has seen K Stew’s movies before and have a crush on her always….

ash

Posted at 8:36 PM on November 17, 2011

She is a shady person and a fame whore. When she’s attached to someone, legit or not, she tips off the paps so they can get her pics with the famous person and make a big deal about it. That’s why Ryan Phillippe dumped her. She did the same thing when she allegedly hooked up with Robert, and when she was bffs with Kristen and Taylor.

Her interviews always need clearing up because it shows how much of a jealous person she is.

mary

Posted at 2:36 PM on January 1, 2012

i agree with u.

Ella

Posted at 3:47 PM on November 17, 2011

While I’m all for honesty, sometimes its good to be circumspect before making a comment that is similar to comments you’ve had to “explain” before. The fact that she repeatedly makes comments similar to this makes no sense to me, especially since what she’s saying is not all that earth shattering. I just don’t get the point she’s trying to make by making comments that She Knows other people will interpret as inflammatory or offensive. This is not her first time at the O.K. Corral. She’s either an idiot or this is a calculated move. I have heard her interviewed and she doesn’t seem like an idiot, so that leaves me with calculated, but I’m at a loss as to what she’s trying to accomplish.

@Ella

Posted at 2:35 AM on November 18, 2011

I totally agree with you.Nikki knows what she is doing,she is more smart than most people think and willing to try evey possible option to get attention.The only thing that she’s trying to accomplish is being a hot story on gossip mags/sites.

bre

Posted at 3:11 PM on November 17, 2011

@ Marie

I agree. She just meant they were all close, when the franchise started, but now that they are all noticed they got their own thing going on now, and don’t really get to hang out with each other as often. Unless it’s promoting, and the premiering the films together. Nikki doesn’t seem like a calloused women, so I think the media needs to get it facts straightened out before jumping to conclusions on what she says.

Marie

Posted at 11:37 AM on November 17, 2011

people need to stop twisting nikki’s words and making her look evil and bad all the time. I have seen her say very nice things about her cast mates in other interviews, people just look for a reason to attack her because she was linked to Rob in the early twilight days. And the crazyy fans cant handle that so they go on the attack.

Michele

Posted at 11:01 AM on November 17, 2011

Ah. Now I see. Well, I’m sorry I said Nicky was sour grapes, and I hope she’s very happy with her new marriage. By the way, I really liked Paul (sorry, don’t know last name & too lazy to google – Nicky’s husband) on American Idol – I wanted him to win.
Michele

Stella

Posted at 12:04 PM on November 17, 2011

I stand corrected too Michelle! Sorry Nic!!

T Moore