Hooray For Miley Cyrus: She's Standing Up For Womanly Curves

Wed, November 16, 2011 6:59pm EST by 15 Comments

Miley — I’m so glad you’ve decided to be a role model after all – and that you’ve told off haters who criticized your size.

First of all Miley Cyrus — I am glad that you have the self-confidence to know that you are a beautiful young woman — both inside and out. I am glad that you feel good about your body and your fabulous figure and that you don’t feel in any way compelled to be stick thin like so many female celebrities.

When you were criticized by god knows who — some jerk — for NOT being scary skinny, you fired back on Twitter on Nov. 12 tweeting two photos with messages.

You posted a Twitpic of a frightening photo of an emaciated woman showing her malnourished rib cage, sunken -in stomach and pin thin arms and legs, and you accompanied it with this message: “By calling girls like me fat, this is what you’re doing to other people. I love myself & if you could say the same you wouldn’t be sitting on your computer trying to hurt others.”

Right on!

You also posted a twitpic of a photo of stunningly pretty Marilyn Monroe in a white bathing suit with a clearly protruding, but sexy tummy and well-rounded curvy and fleshy arms. Underneath you wrote: “PROOF that you can be adored by thousands of men, even when your thighs touch.”

Miley — you couldn’t have made your empowering point any better.

And hooray to smart Demi Lovato for joining the Twitter conversation.

She tweeted to Miley: “AMEN! I will destroy any one that ever calls you the F word. You have the SEXIIIIEST curvyyyyy body! I LOVE IT!”

Replied Miley:”god I love you. SO DO YOU!!! And whoever called you that has it coming. Miss you more than ever.”

Miley — I’m impressed that you’re so publicly standing up for yourself and for beautiful curvy Demi, who has also faced criticism for NOT being a skinny minny.

I’m impressed that Demi is supporting you.

And I’m also impressed that your boyfriend Liam Hemsworth, 21, is also in love with the fact that you eat normally, eat well and don’t worry about ridiculous dieting.

“When I look over at her (Miley) when she’s biting into a steak sandwich and there is some steak sauce, dripping down her chin, there is nothing sexier than that,” the young Australian actor told Australia’s Who magazine.

Clearly he and Miley love to eat together. He told the magazine that “there is this place in Nashville called Steak and Shake, which is pretty much the best food, ever. That is our secret, sexy place to go.”

Now Miley — you once said that you didn’t want to be a role model, but by standing up for all young women. You ARE a terrific role model and I’m proud of you!

— Bonnie Fuller

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Q

Posted at 12:12 PM on November 21, 2011

what an idiot. I wont preach on about how yet another moron is confusing curves with fat and big tits (neither of which she has) but it’s so annoying how COMMON IT IS. Twiggy is NOT the opposite body figure of Marilyn (who WAS fat, just not obese, and is the most disgustingly overused and bad example of hwo women “should” look), people who pretend you’re either anorexic or chubby are idiots and nearly always out of shape themselves.

Demi only praised her for sucking up to her. Demi is in shape but she’s ana herself; Miley is out of shape even if she is skinny so that’s weird.

If Miley was saying being slender and healthy is “hwo women should look” all you idiots would be attacking her and btw, there is no way women “should” look. y’all disgusting hypocrites as well as sexist and demeaning to my gender.

and Miley is still so far from a role model it’s laughable. Demi and Marilyn are even worse. None are attractive at all and I cant see how anyone would desire to look like Miley or MM; both have extremely common looking bodies, pear shaped and untoned. Meh.

zach efron

Posted at 10:13 AM on November 21, 2011

Ola to all. I’m proud of you Miley!!! Ola!

lily

Posted at 6:01 AM on November 18, 2011

I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MILEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.SHE IS THE BEST AND ILOVE HER BODY .

miley lover

Posted at 6:55 PM on November 17, 2011

btw bonnie! stop talk about miley in bad way ok? she have fans and you should topit! ok old lady get alife !

ConcernMother

Posted at 4:05 PM on November 17, 2011

I don’t know how what world you’re living in be a terrific role model she’s the best my kids love her & I love her too. She has always standp to what she believes in & that’s a very very good role model in fact a great role model. Miley is a the

Just Saying

Posted at 1:57 PM on November 17, 2011

& Jessica Simpson has stated this for years & been ridiculed far more then MILEY. I give Miley her kudos but don’t understand why Jessica gets all the belittlement far more then many in Hollywood.. This has been Jessica’s message since Price of Beauty & never was given credit. What a shame.

Yasmin

Posted at 10:48 AM on November 17, 2011

wow,I begin to love Bonnie Muller! She changed so much,she doesn’t say bad things bout Miley anymore!! Keep that bonnie xoxo

samy

Posted at 5:40 AM on November 17, 2011

she is not fat! She Likes To Get Attention, that is all

Eli

Posted at 4:45 AM on November 17, 2011

We Love Her FOREVVVVVERRR and that’s why she is SPECIAL NOT FAKE like others. You should’ be know that many times ago, right:)
But wait, you made some mistakes in your post.
Miley tweeted : “AMEN! I will destroy any one that ever calls you the F word. You have the SEXIIIIEST curvyyyyy body! I LOVE IT!”
And then Demi tweeted:”god I love you. SO DO YOU!!! And whoever called you that has it coming. Miss you more than ever.”

eli

Posted at 11:27 AM on November 17, 2011

i lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvE Miley forever TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Brin

Posted at 11:45 PM on November 16, 2011

The photo you posted here of Miley with her absolutely slim and sexy body, that most females would kill for, perfectly illustrates how stupid this all is. Hey, she’s the one with the second sexiest man alive.

Q

Posted at 12:15 PM on November 21, 2011

and by “most females” you mean you and your gang of fellow fat girls. Miley has a very average looking body (not as common as Monroe’s chubby pear shape with big tits but still), she has no muscle tone at all. Not something “most women” would like to look like. Demi is ugly as well but she has a much better body because she stays in shape. Miley is probably hoping by doing this her haters will stop accusing her of anorexia, and prolly plans to scarf herself silly so she can get up to Marilyn’s weight and “be” the new Monroe. She’s trashy, untalented, and a bad role model enough so she has the personality down already.

Bonnie You Shouldn't Talk

Posted at 9:41 PM on November 16, 2011

You love Miley and you dislike MIley, ahhh anyway putting that aside. I think that you should realise that Miley has her head screwed on pretty well and I agree with her. Comments in themselves can be toxic to people who believe what others say. I think she is addressing something very important- that she isn’t FAT and is perfectly happy being WHO she IS not who she is supposed to be! If more women and MEN understand that MODEL BEAUTY is a LOAD of BULL then I think eating disorders and the like would be decrease than in other years good on Miley!

helllokitty

Posted at 9:11 PM on November 16, 2011

i think its a good thing shes doing

The Boy

Posted at 9:07 PM on November 16, 2011

On M&M Cru and ACDC Cru

Celebrities said no matter who your up against it’s not that easy for each members of their repsective crews these two rivlaries have been talking challeges form their dance in front in their fans and show they their different side of them on YouTube one footage shows that 80% of the people show off their dances moves each time reseaches show that each dancer must use one per peformaing around the world it’s show them repesect in dancing by competling for the biggest prize in the world that is one shot the biggest stage of all time in 2008 Their possing dancers were 1st up to dance One of Celebrity said I think we’re about to somke them right now if you know who you guys are then you’ll know what am Talking about am not gonna say any names but I can tell that one person said their nicknames were the host sits next to her back up dancer you think it’s seems notthing right about this one here one dancer did introducing to their fans the world over in 50 million states watching around the world to see their favortive Celebrties danced for their fans on June 9, 2009 the footage shows the stage that night in fornt of the sell out crowd over 175,2334 fans jamed packed in florida that night you’ll see in the footage where their leader of the M&M cru talks on the micophone takling to their fans the president once said it’s not for the faith of heart that’s in your dreams will soon be enough to be you’ll be the judge of that Question will soon be around the center of the earth.