Blink 182 Drummer Travis Barker: My Kids Can Get Tattoos When They're 16!

Mon, November 14, 2011 5:56pm EDT by 5 Comments
Travis Barker

Travis Barker

The inked-up Travis told HollyBaby.com exclusively that he has to approve any tattoos before his kids get them.

In California, minors under 18 years old aren’t allowed to get tattoos with or without an adult’s consent, but 36-year-old Travis Barker said he’ll let his kids get them as early as age 16! But he does have a few rules!

He might be more lenient about stepdaughter Atiana Cecelia, 12, and kids Landon Asher, 8, and Alabama Luelle, 5, getting tattoos than the state of California is, but Travis says they’ll have to ask before they get their first ink.

“I just got to approve it,” he told HollyBaby.com at the UFC On Fox: Live Heavyweight Championship Fight in Anaheim, Calif. “It can’t be a tramp stamp; it can’t be something in bad taste.”

For Travis, it’s quality over quantity: “It’s got to be done by a good artist, and then I am cool with it!”

But should the Barker kids want a rock-star look, they’ll have to wait until they’re 18, according to California law!

Is 16 too young to get a tattoo? What do YOU think, HollyMoms?

– Reporting By Russ Weakland

More Travis Barker!

1. Leigh Says: Travis Barker, Put Some Pants On Your Daughter When She’s Out In Public!
  2. Happy Birthday, Travis Barker! You’re 35 Today, November 14!
  3. EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW! Mario Lopez’s Girlfriend Courtney Mazza Talks About Their New Baby, Gia!

Kim

Posted at 9:48 AM on November 20, 2011

As long as the tattoo isn’t anything gross or inappropriate who cares? At least he’s smart enough to say that they can get what they want as long as he approves. My parents’ rule was always that I could get whatever tattoo I wanted as long as it is in good taste and I think about it for a minimum of 6 months (because you can’t change your mind about a tattoo). I’ve seen and met people who didn’t get tattoos until they were older and they still got naked women tattooed on the back of their legs. Maybe if their parents were like Travis Barker they wouldn’t have such disgusting tattoos…

Perla is a Ho ho ho Merry Christmas :P jk

Posted at 11:46 AM on November 15, 2011

Well, if he approves it, what’s the big deal? I would make sure my children understood that a tattoo is forever (even laser removal doesn’t always work) and that they should choose something they really want or that is meaningful. I mean, I wouldn’t allow my 16 year old boy to tattoo his girlfriends name on him. Or a giant piece! If he wanted something of reasonable size, location (for school), nothing half-naked or fully naked, or profaine, illegal, or related to drugs, gangs, or anything like that…he could get it. LoL.

lizzy

Posted at 8:44 PM on November 14, 2011

why the f not?
if it somthng there for real about wtf not? you only live ones my 4 year old always ask when he can get his cuz iv got some and so does his dad ( not that his dad around) if my kid want a sick tattoo at 16 that he really wanted nothin sstupid or corny then id be down got mine before 18 and currtny getting 2 more this week

Sarah

Posted at 5:12 PM on November 15, 2011

sounds classy

Perla

Posted at 11:34 PM on November 16, 2011

Who are you to judge her? You don’t even know who she is or where she comes from or anything. I think you should mind your own business and keep your stupid comments to yourself!