'Gossip Girl' Recap: Chuck & Blair Kiss, Plus More 'OMG' Moments

Mon, November 14, 2011 10:20pm EST by 52 Comments
Gossip Girl

Yes, it finally happened — Chuck and Blair kissed on the Nov. 14 episode of ‘Gossip Girl!’ But I’m pretty upset with how the smooch panned out.

They say if something seems too good to be true, it usually is — and that was definitely the case with Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair’s (Leighton Meester) kiss on the Nov. 14 episode of Gossip Girl.

We caught a glimpse of the highly anticipated “Chair” kiss last week, though many fans — like me — were hesitant to believe it was actually going to happen. But lo and behold, the two finally kissed! And it wasn’t a dream, or some weird pre-episode movie scene. They actually kissed!

Blair attended Chuck’s creepy Sleep No More party — yeah, I’ll get to that one later — where everyone was required to wear a mask, making it the perfect place for “Chair” to secretly reunite. Unfortunately, Blair’s reason for going to the party wasn’t to reconcile; her plan was to seduce him, proving he hasn’t changed and is still stuck in his old Chuck Bass habits!

And it worked!

More ‘OMG’ moments:

1. Chuck and Dorota teamed up against Blair!

Apparently, Chuck knew what Blair was up to all along — thanks to Dorota. They both knew Blair wouldn’t change her mind about Chuck if he fell for her trap which aimed prove he’s NOT the good guy he says he’s trying to be. Obviously, Chuck has caught Blair’s eye between his new charity work, last week’s apology and therapy. But Blair still isn’t convinced yet. What will it take for her to realize that maybe Chuck really is a changed man?!

2. Ivy’s real identity is almost revealed!

Blair, Chuck and Dorota weren’t the only ones scheming on this week’s episode. Ivy/Charlie (Kaylee DeFer) was caught up in an Upper East Side drama storm when Diana Payne (Elizabeth Hurley) arranged for her real ex-boyfriend — the one she ditched in LA — to come to NYC. And Ivy didn’t bump into her ex until Diana told her to kiss Nate (Chace Crawford) at the party! Ivy’s identity wasn’t exposed tonight, but I’m pretty sure the truth is about to come pretty soon, don’t you? I’m hoping she can hide it for a little longer.

3. We got a hint about why Diana is so crazy!

At the end of the episode, Diana was on the phone with Nate’s grandpa, who has been a pretty shady character in the past. Grandpa Archibald thanked Diana for “restoring [his] grandson’s reputation.” I wouldn’t be surprised if Diana is lying to Nate’s Grandpa, too, but at least for now we have a hint to hold on to about what Diana’s craziness is all about.

4. Dan has been skipping out on his book signings!

Boo hoo! Lonely Boy may finally be living the life of a successful writer, but it doesn’t seem to be all that he had hoped for. Apparently, Dan (Penn Badgley) isn’t even participating in his own book tour! I’m not surprised — and honestly, sort of relieved. We need him back on the UES!

What do you think, Hollywoodlifers? Will Blair EVER accept her true feelings for Chuck, or will she go through with her marriage to Prince Louis (Hugo Becker)? Weigh in below!

XOXO

— Nicole Karlis

Get more ‘Gossip Girl’ news here:

1. ‘Gossip Girl’: Chuck & Blair’s 8 Biggest ‘OMG’ Moments! PICS!
  2. ‘Gossip Girl’ Recap: Serena Tells Dan ‘You’re The Love Of My Life,’ Plus More ‘OMG’ Moments!
  3. Blair Better Be Lying About Who The Father Of Her Baby Is On ‘Gossip Girl’ And Here’s Why!

EricksonAdrienne

Posted at 10:15 AM on November 16, 2011

my best friend’s mom makes $67 every hour on the laptop. She has been fired for 5 months but last month her paycheck was $9022 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Here’s the site MakeCash4. c o m

Deena

Posted at 7:55 AM on November 16, 2011

I hate that the kiss was so short! But it was still so HOT! Loved him clenching his jaw right before he kissed her. They are the sexiest couple on TV and they’ve never had full fledged sex scene and always have their clothes on. ;)

nellie

Posted at 4:03 PM on November 15, 2011

I’m just over the Ivy and Diana lines, they obviously do not belong on the UES, and it’s time to just get rid of them.

Chair forever!

Janelle

Posted at 9:31 AM on November 15, 2011

Could these two be any sexier? Could Chuck be more awesome this season? I’m so happy the writers are bothering to redeem my Chuckles. I felt so bad for Chuck last night but I understand why Blair still doesn’t trust him. I’m looking forward to seeing him prove himself to Blair and winning her trust back.

Robert

Posted at 8:37 AM on November 15, 2011

Chuck better stop the wedding! I’ll be pissed if he doesn’t. These two are meant to be!

Jerri

Posted at 7:08 AM on November 15, 2011

Ed and Leighton still have it. That kiss was so hot. Too bad we didn’t get to see all of it. :(

Alianna

Posted at 5:28 AM on November 15, 2011

I don’t think Blair will go through with the wedding to Louis. She’s in denial of her feelings for Chuck and in denial that he’s really changed but she’ll get there. Chair are inevitable. The journey is rough but that describes all epic TV couples.

Milly

Posted at 4:15 AM on November 15, 2011

The picture you used is so sexy. I love Chuck staring at Blair’s mouth right before he pounces on her lips! Too bad the kiss was such a tease. I wanted a full blown makeout scene. In the immortal words of Cyrus “Not enough!”

Alianna

Posted at 5:29 AM on November 15, 2011

I could not agree more. Ed Sexwick, the things you do to me!

Connie

Posted at 3:20 AM on November 15, 2011

The writers just need to cut the crap and reunite Chuck and Blair. It’s obvious they love one another most.
It’s obvious Chuck is being redeemed for the bad things he’s done and growing into a better guy.
It’s just a fact Ed and Leighton have the best chemistry and their scenes generate the most buzz.

But I guess we’re being forced to wait because the writers don’t know how to write happy couples. I just hope we get some kind of reward as viewers to make up for the angsty, torturous journey they’ve put us Chuck and Blair fans on. :( They owe us at this point.

leigh

Posted at 2:40 AM on November 15, 2011

I agree with a lot of people. The episode wasn’t outstanding but the Chuck and Blair story line was.I literally only watch the show for these two, so when they are sharing scenes I’m there. The kiss was too short. Dorota should have let them have a make out session before she interrupted. Speaking of, I was surprised she was aiding Chuck in the scheme. Man, just put Chuck and Blair with each other already!

Kirsten

Posted at 2:39 AM on November 15, 2011

I’m so annoyed by how short the kiss was! What is wrong with the Gossip Girl director? Blair was moaning for goodness sake. (Or maybe she was purring. Blair has been known to purr ;) They were out of breath! Still hot but FRUSTRATINGLY short.

Milly

Posted at 4:19 AM on November 15, 2011

My feeling too! The kiss was way too short. wtf? They are the sexiest couple on the show. Ed and Leighton ooze sexual chemistry when they aren’t even touching. I was disappointed by how they filmed their kiss. They are so lucky to have cast Ed and Leighton in those roles because the writing for Chuck and Blair and often the directing in their scenes suck.

Jerri

Posted at 7:09 AM on November 15, 2011

I third this sentiment! Why did they cut away? The kiss was hot but too short.

Carrie

Posted at 2:07 AM on November 15, 2011

I liked Chuck and Blair. I hated he set her free again but he’s still being awesome in the process. I hated Blair thought he couldn’t change and I was surprised Dorota helped him. I just have to keep remembering when Chuck and Blair are together again it will be worth it.

Serena needs more interaction with Blair and people I care about.
Nate and Ivy couls be interesting but I’ll have to play it by ear. Nate is so pretty the first encounter with he and a woman are misleading at times.
Dan- GTFO. You bore me to tears.

Jennifer

Posted at 1:59 AM on November 15, 2011

Why did they cut off that super passionate Chair kiss? Why??? Best pair of the episode!

elisha

Posted at 1:57 AM on November 15, 2011

when are they just going to put chuck and blair together and let them be happy? my heart can’t take much more of this.

lexie

Posted at 1:50 AM on November 15, 2011

Chuck has simply been the bright spot of this year for me. His selfless act this episode really made my heart melt and I wanted to hug him. He’s putting Blair’s needs and what he thinks she wants so far ahead of his own. Tonight, as Gossipgirl said, Chuck is wearing that villain’s mask hiding who he is becoming now- a very decent man.I just think Chuck will get his happy ending with Blair after all this pain.

mel

Posted at 1:12 AM on November 15, 2011

I love Dorota is such a Chair shipper. She ,Chuck and Blair were really the compelling pieces but they needed more screen time. I felt like Diana hogged too much of it up. Oh, and I wanted the kiss with Blair and Chuck to be longer.

Donna

Posted at 12:07 AM on November 15, 2011

That Chuck and Blair kiss was so passionate and hot but TOO SHORT! ARGH!

Jaxoxo

Posted at 12:02 AM on November 15, 2011

CHUCK and BLAIR make the shortest but unforgettable scenes! ahhh gotta love CHAIR and of course Baby Bass and Monkey! What a purrrfect family!!!

Emily

Posted at 11:59 PM on November 14, 2011

I loved Chuck teaming up with Dorota to help Blair keep her fairytale/family. He is being so selfless now, it hurts.

And he BETTER stop that wedding, or I will not be a happy camper.

erica

Posted at 11:35 PM on November 14, 2011

Poor Chuck, he needs a big hug :(

MSC

Posted at 10:40 PM on November 14, 2011

Chuck was amazing yet again. I mean he’s becoming the man Blair knew he would be. What annoys me is he thinks he doesn’t deserve her and he does and Blair- I don’t get her. She wanted him to seduce her.

Costanza

Posted at 5:36 PM on November 17, 2011

He has been flawless this season

Beth

Posted at 10:34 PM on November 14, 2011

Maybe Blair might do the same thing that Mary Jane in the movie Spider man 2 and not to marry Louis

Allie

Posted at 10:33 PM on November 14, 2011

Chuck has been great so far this season. Starting to get frustrated with Blair though, it was really unfair of her to do that to him. Trick him into kissing her, just so she could tell him what a terrible person he is? :(

The whole Nate/Ivy/Max/Serena/Diana clusterf*** is just making my head hurt.

Sandra

Posted at 10:31 PM on November 14, 2011

I hope that Blair stops the wedding herself cause she finally realizes that she can now trust Chuck!

Thalia

Posted at 10:28 PM on November 14, 2011

I think they are just delaying the inevitable Chuck and Blair reunion because they don’t know how to write happy couples. I was pissed at Blair tonight but Chuck still needs to prove himself to her. I really loved Chuck though. He’s definitely growing up this season and it’s clear he loves Blair and is putting her happiness first. <3 <3

Alianna