'Desperate Housewives' Recap: Susan 'Confesses' To The Murder

Mon, November 14, 2011 12:01am EDT by 5 Comments

A picture is worth a thousand words, or in Susan’s case, just one: GUILTY!

These goosebumps on my arm can mean only two things: Either I forgot to pay my heating bill, or the Nov. 13 episode of Desperate Housewives was just that good. Chuck (Jonathan Cake) is almost finished figuring out what happened to Gaby’s (Eva Longoria) stepfather — and you know what was a huge help? Susan’s (Teri Hatcher) painting of the four women standing over his dead body!

But Chuck isn’t the only enemy plaguing the residents of Wisteria Lane. Carlos (Ricardo Chavira) and Bree (Marcia Cross) are both facing the same foe — alcohol — but they’re at very different stages of the battle. Carlos finally agreed to check into rehab, while Bree is losing her own grip on sobriety. The episode ended with her clutching a glass of wine, and we all remember how well that crisis ended last time.

Side note: It sucks to be Carlos Solis! Through his time on the show, he’s been cheated on, arrested (twice I believe), blinded (albeit temporarily), and now he’s an alcoholic? This guy just can’t catch a break.

And in keeping with what is now a weekly tradition on the show, Lynette (Felicity Huffman) made a complete fool of herself. When she received flowers from Tom (Doug Savant) for their anniversary, she was filled with renewed hope, and decided to sneak a bottle of his favorite scotch into his new apartment. Little did she know Tom had pre-ordered those flowers to come every year, and that he’s still very much into his new girlfriend, Jane.

For once, Lynette should listen to René (Vanessa Williams) and move on already!

We have a few weeks off from the drama on Wisteria Lane — the next new episode airs Dec. 4 — so let’s spend that time wisely by cooking up some insane theories:

>>>Will Tom and Lynette ever get back together?
>>>How will Bree’s relapse affect the other women?
>>>Could Chuck be the one who wrote that infamous letter? If so, what’s his connection to Mary-Alice?

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Desperate Housewives

office 2010 serial

Posted at 4:56 PM on May 14, 2012

I’m really inspired together with your writing talents as well as with the structure on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to look a nice weblog like this one nowadays..

Patti Gifford

Posted at 8:41 PM on November 18, 2011

does anyone know who made the dress felicity huffman wore november 13 2011

DH Fanatic

Posted at 3:19 PM on November 14, 2011

I cried after watching the show last night. I’m predicting a very macabre ending to the series, with all 4 women either dead or behind bars, with their lives ruined. I hope that is not the case with the show, because people like a happy ending, and I’ve always rooted for these ladies to have their lives turn out okay.

But then, I reflect on just how debauched this show is and has been, from the start. There have always been murders, fires, adultery, etc. and what is the common thread on the show? LYING. Deception.

Whilst I adore the four best friends, I do not condone them trying to cover up this murder, even if it was in self-defense (sort of), and the dead guy was a predatory creep.

But then, again, the show has been painting a moral gray area for 7 years, making it seem perfectly acceptable to lie, and not just little white lies. Big lies.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:44 PM on November 14, 2011

I can only imagine it’s going to have a crazy ending after all these years. But you’re right — the women always stand by one another. So I’m thinking they’ll all get a happy ending… or they’ll all end up miserable. :-/

Lara