Charlize Theron: 'Kristen Stewart Is A Child'

Mon, November 14, 2011 1:51pm EST by 13 Comments
Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart

Was Kristen Stewart’s ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ co-star, Charlize Theron, being rude when she called Kristen young in ‘Vogue?’

Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart seemed like they got along swimmingly this year at Comic Con. However, Charlize, 36, dished about her Snow White and the Huntsman co-star in in next month’s Vogue and her thoughts could totally be taken out of context!

“She just turned 21. She’s a child,” Charlize said.

Then she went on to explain why she’s impressed with how K-Stew is dealing with all of her success. “When I think about myself at 21, I had just done The Devil’s Advocate, and Keanu [Reeves] had paparazzi following him and Al Pacino said this thing to me: ‘If I knew that my life would be under this kind of scrutiny, I would have never become an actor.’ ” And I thought, ‘Wow.’ I couldn’t comprehend it,” she explained.

Charlize is also blown away at Kristen’s laid back attitude, despite being one of the biggest stars in the world.

“There’s this really lovely quality about her that just doesn’t give a f**k,” she said. “A lot of people say they don’t, but then they go home and cry and pop a Xanax. Kristen actually doesn’t give a f**k. That’s what’s so refreshing about her.”

Do YOU think Kristen handles being in the spotlight well? Sound off below!

Click to watch the ‘Snow White’ trailer!

c

Posted at 5:51 PM on November 14, 2011

that doesnt sound like an insult at all – compared to charlize kristen is a child. 21 is very young even in hollywood, i think many people would consider her a child

Nemenis

Posted at 4:25 PM on November 14, 2011

Kristen is so not a child, but Charlize is more like a grandmother. I mean, how old is she? She’s in her 40s, right? Guess you can say depends on your perspective…but don’t think she meant much harm by it…although…don’t really like Charlize and her “fake/hard attitude”. Kristen can pull it off, but not Charlize.

cara

Posted at 5:54 PM on November 14, 2011

“fake/hard attitude” ??? i don’t think either of them are “hard”, charlize is the girliest “hard” personality i’ve ever seen – and kstew doesnt care – if anything i’d call that layed back

June

Posted at 7:19 PM on November 14, 2011

ohh shut up idiot

cris

Posted at 4:11 PM on November 14, 2011

Charlize meant that with 21 years Kristen has gone through many experiences …. and own 21 with Charlize was just starting!
She says to say that young age is 21 years for Kristen withstand such pressure!!
I love Kristen, she is phenomenal!

LadyEpic

Posted at 3:13 PM on November 14, 2011

Of course to someone as experienced as Charlize would see it that way. To me she’s not a child, Kristen is like eight years older than me.

Lara

Posted at 2:46 PM on November 14, 2011

Why Charlize swears as well? lame. Famous people are supposted to be role models…

gena

Posted at 4:00 PM on November 14, 2011

how stupid can you be ???????????? “Famous people are supposted to be role models” Hitler, was famous is he your role model???????? and is it ok for non famous people to swear????????? since they can’t be role models???????

Agreed

Posted at 4:51 PM on November 14, 2011

I agree with gena.

c

Posted at 5:52 PM on November 14, 2011

you’re retarded. lay off the question marks, moron

DB

Posted at 12:50 PM on November 26, 2011

Lay off calling people retarded, moron.

Stella

Posted at 2:35 PM on November 14, 2011

I don’t think that Charlize meant any harm by her statement. Stop stirring the pot HL!!! SMH

disco