'X Factor' Star Astro Reveals: I Was Homeless Like Eminem!

Thu, November 10, 2011 4:01pm EDT by 13 Comments

Fifteen-year-old ‘X Factor’ contestant Brian “Astro” Bradley EXCLUSIVELY reveals why he chose to perform an Eminem song this week and which performers he’d like to collaborate with!

Astro, one of the youngest competitors this season on X Factor, chose Eminem‘s “Lose Yourself” for the show because he could really relate to him in that song.  “He was homeless, at one point I was homeless,” he tells HollywoodLife.com.

And he definitely made the right choice this week! “It was just a great record for me to perform, the crowd gave me an amazing reaction and the judges gave me some great comments. So as long as they are happy, I am happy!”

It’s no secret that Jaden Smith and Willow Smith have supported the rising star throughout the competition. With Willow set to perform on tonight’s show, Astro reveals that he “would love to work with Willow and Jaden.”

“It means a lot to me that [Willow and Jaden] reached out to me. They are young and rising on top of things, they are my motivation,” Astro adds.

-Reporting by Russ Weakland, written by Raisa Sendrovich

Shopping Marathon

Posted at 12:35 PM on January 25, 2012

Awesome writing. I liked reading this article. If you want, please visit my website.

dlamar

Posted at 8:33 PM on November 30, 2011

Astro is da best on x factor and I hope he wins.

Abigail

Posted at 11:24 AM on November 28, 2011

Hey astro i am one of your biggest fans i am totally in love with you unfortunatly i live in south africa
love abigail

Rosa MacManus

Posted at 2:12 AM on November 17, 2011

Astro is definitely the best contestant. He’s extremely talented and mature for his age. He will be successful whether or not he wins this competition. I will be disappointed if he doesn’t. Astro’s mom must be so proud of him.

stars99

Posted at 3:39 AM on November 18, 2011

@Rosa, the best? The best? You couldn’t have chosen any other word except for the best? Astro is a gimmick and not 1/2 as talented as the others on that show. Just because he’s 14 doesn’t mean much when others the same age are more talented.

jon

Posted at 12:16 AM on November 19, 2011

With a comment like that, I can say that you have no idea what true talent is. I myself am a musician and know how hard it is to do what that kid has been doing week after week. These singers never have to worry about writing their own songs. There are millions of people that can do that. See how many people can do what astro does.

better

Posted at 11:20 PM on November 16, 2011

Astro is already better than WIllow and Jaden. He is above their level of talent.

annie mcguire

Posted at 9:30 PM on November 16, 2011

Little Astro is bad to the bone.

stars99

Posted at 3:40 AM on November 18, 2011

bad to the bone and extremely arrogant.

My suggestion is that he be removed from the show and forced to expand on his school work. If Astro were my kid, that’s exactly what I’d do for him.

tasha

Posted at 9:26 PM on November 16, 2011

My first time watching this show and astro killin it! I am now officially hooked! Voting on a humble and worthy young man who is deserving of the money..love his show presence and his positiveness, with confidence! Magnicient X factor!

Astro'sBiggestFan

Posted at 8:27 PM on November 16, 2011

Astro is so adorable and he’s of the best performers on the X-Factor. I only watch it because of him. I love him<33

stars99

Posted at 3:41 AM on November 18, 2011

So being an arrogant, ego centric, poser is “adorable”? Let me guess. You think Hitler was also adorable, right?

mandy