Taylor won the Entertainer of the Year award at the 2011 Country Music Awards and she could not have looked more beautiful as she proudly accepted the honor!
As a CoverGirl brand ambassador, Taylor Swift wore some of the brand’s most glamorous beauty products. Of course she had her signature vibrant lips and winged eyeliner with bright, rosy cheeks. Find out what celebrity makeup artist Lorrie Turk did to create the look!
“I was inspired by the drop dead gorgeousness of the J. Mendel gown Taylor wore,” says Lorrie. “The gown was a very cool toned dove hue and later in the show she wore a jewel toned sweater to perform in, so the color palette was cooler. Because of the lack of time to make changes, the makeup on the red carpet had to work with the pared down look of the performance. We only had time to make a quick lip color change.”
- “I started by using COVERGIRL Natureluxe Silk Foundation for a fresh finish on her skin.
- For a little color and shimmer on her cheeks, I finished by brushing on COVERGIRL TruBlend Minerals Blush in Pure Romance.
- On her eyes I used COVERGIRL Intense ShadowBlast in Platinum Pop followed by a very thin line of COVERGIRL LineExact eyeliner in Very Black and finished her eyes with coats of COVERGIRL Lash Perfection Mascara on her lashes.
- For her lips on the red carpet, I used COVERGIRL ShineBlast in Sparkler — and for the performance we switched it to COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Gloss Balm in Peony.”
It’s great that Taylor knows what makeup works on her and sticks to a classic beauty style, but she is also willing to take risks, using different lip and cheek colors to punch up her look.
Get more from our BFFs at Glamour.com!
- 10 of the Shortest Celebrity Marriages of All Time
- 5 Tricks For Transforming Yourself Instantly
- The DOs & DON’Ts of 2011 Fall Fashion Trends
- 50 Guys Tell the Truth About How to Be Good at Sex