Madonna Admits She's Hard On Daughter Lourdes — She Even Edits Her Blog!

Thu, November 10, 2011 5:38pm EDT by 5 Comments
Madonna Lourdes

Madonna Lourdes

Madonna says she doesn’t want Lourdes to be “a lazy writer” — but she’s only 15! Is the singer being TOO harsh on her daughter?

Madonna’s micromanaging has gone to a whole new level! The 53-year-old mom said she edits her teen daughter Lourde’s fashion blog to make it sound better, according to The Daily Mail!

Lourdes uses the pen name Lola on her Material World fashion blog. It features tips and advice from the view of a teen — but is it actually Madonna’s writing or Lourdes’?

“I proofread her blogs and edit them and give her a hard time when I think she’s being a lazy writer,” Madonna admitted.

Like practically any teen girl, Lourdes loves fashion and style, and Madonna claims her job is to “stand in the background and watch.” Um, Madonna, proofreading her blog is NOT standing in the background last time we checked!

HollyMoms, is Madonna being too hard on Lourdes? Or do you think it’s fair to push your child?

Catch more Madonna news:

1. Kelly Osbourne LOVES Madonna: ‘She Did An Amazing Job Raising Lourdes!’
  2. Madonna’s Ex Guy Ritchie Is A Daddy Again — His Girlfriend Jacqui Ainsley Gave Birth To A Baby Boy!
  3. Wow, Hasn’t Lourdes Grown Up! She Looks More & More Like Mommy Madonna Every Day!

mnm

Posted at 1:59 PM on November 14, 2011

I agree, I am not a huge Madonna fan. However that being said, HER daughter is only 15. I also agree more parents should be involved in what their minor children are doing, for the minor’s safety and protection. They may be naive and innocent to what sick minds can pick up on in the world beyond the minor child’s perceptiveness. It is definitely a parents responsibility to monitor what their minor children are saying, doing and watching.

I also agree with the statement that this article is dumb. Aren’t there more important issues to write about?!

Fulana

Posted at 8:04 AM on November 11, 2011

More parents should be this engaged with their kids. Her daughter is only 15 after all.

I’m not a Madonna fan – I think her narcissism is her undoing but really, this is a dumb article.

Summer

Posted at 3:29 AM on November 11, 2011

Not that I’m a parent or anything, but having a teenager sister, I have to say that I don’t disagree with what Madonna’s doing. I mean, I don’t think she’s being overly controlling yet or anything – just nudging her daughter in the right direction. With so many celebriteens going off in the wrong direction, is that really so bad?

Deedee

Posted at 2:39 AM on November 11, 2011

Oh please! Monitoring your child’s online activity is parenting, especially when the press cling onto every word you and/or your child say! She’s only protecting her and helping her be the best she can be.

authors

Posted at 7:05 PM on November 10, 2011

She is getting into Kris Jenner territory here. Too controlling.. Let her have fun and she will be more than willing to show you her work that might be in her speak for her age and gently and I mean gently make a suggestion.

I think if would be fair to take her to book openings of credible writers since they can travel anywhere, just hopefully not to any openings of Kardashian slutsters books, Dollhouse which should have been called Trollhouse, although I am sure I don’t need to say that to Madonna.