'X Factor' Star Rachel Crow Was 'Born A Crack Baby!'

Tue, November 8, 2011 8:48am EDT by 8 Comments
Rachel Crow X Factor

Rachel’s adoptive parents talk about the hard road that came before the too-cute star hit it big!

Rachel Crow has taken the world by storm as the pint-sized front-runner on The X Factor, but the parents that adopted her from a terrifying life of drugs and violence say she’s lucky to be alive!

Rachel, 13, was taken from a toxic environment early in life, her adoptive mother Barbara Crow tells the New York Post.

“[Rachel] was born a crack baby and actually lived in a crack house and suffered a lot of abuse,” she says. “But she is totally unaffected by it. She never looks at [her past] in a sad way. She looks at it as that is what made her the person she is.”

Rachel herself says she has no interest in trying to discover the identity of her birth parents, who were forced to give her up for adoption when she was six months old.

“I have two amazing parents already,” she says. “It is crazy because everybody is like, ‘She is not your real mom.’ And I am like, ‘Yeah, she is!’”

As if she couldn’t be more cute, Rachel says she hopes use her $5 million prize money to help less fortunate children if she wins.

“I want to build a foundation that makes them feel good about themselves — whether they want to sing or act or whether they want be in sports or go to Harvard,” she says. “I want to make sure they get to chase their dreams.”

What do you think, HollywoodLifers — will Rachel win The X Factor?

– William Earl

Loading video...

More ‘X Factor!’

1. Nicole Scherzinger: ‘I Can’t Wait’ To Perform On ‘The X Factor’ This Season!
  2. Simon Cowell: Rachel Crow, Melanie Amaro & Drew Won’t Be Eliminated Soon From ‘X Factor!’
  3. ‘X Factor’ Favorite Rachel Crow: I Want To Sing With Eminem!

hack gmx email

Posted at 5:00 PM on April 10, 2012

Great post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful info specially the ultimate section :) I handle such information a lot. I was looking for this certain info for a very lengthy time. Thanks and best of luck.

houdini help desk

Posted at 1:42 AM on April 3, 2012

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you really understand what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally talk over with my website =). We could have a link change contract between us

Senovia Byndon

Posted at 11:25 PM on December 8, 2011

I was very sorry to see Rachel go…But everything happens for a reason this was not the time for her or stage..God has the plan and has decided. We will see and hear from this precious jewel soon. Keep on believing baby 5 million will be just a drop in your hat!!!

linda

Posted at 10:36 PM on December 8, 2011

I’m heart broken 2nite as Rachel got the boot she out sung an out shined Marcus what is the matter with Nicole?

Valerie

Posted at 9:58 PM on December 8, 2011

It was so devistating to see Rachel Crow voted off tonight. Nicole wanted her to stay but she made the wrong decision. Still, Rachel will make it big one day, I can feel it.
Family channel should scoop her up quick and give her her own show because shes a vibrant young lady and an inspiration to teens around the world. Rachel has an amazing voice and her personality is a breath of fresh air.
Good luck to you sweet heart, never give up.

carmen

Posted at 2:39 PM on November 10, 2011

I love Rachel Crow..who cares how she got here..she is truly blessed to have a loving family..and talent..I hope she wins!!

Charly

Posted at 10:05 AM on November 8, 2011

Let’s hope that publishing this information “crack baby” will not have a negative impact on Rachel’s chances in this competition. Despite her past suffering, she seems to be vibrant, and very likeable. What I admire about Rachel is that she could have mentioned her sad past, but she chose instead to talk about her living conditions(two bedrooms), and wanting her own bathroom. I hope she wins this competition because she has been blessed. You either have IT or you don’t.

Kathy Iftody

Posted at 1:32 AM on November 10, 2011

I love this girl and she is so sosososososo talented. She gives me goosebumps when she sings and shows us who have ever had to face a challenge in our life that nothing cannot be overcome as long as you are loved. I would love it if Rachel won, she is young and so darn cute and i believe she would make a great role model. We could all learn from Rachel Crow. Good job Simon.