Why Taylor Lautner Hates Being Shirtless In 'Breaking Dawn!'

Tue, November 8, 2011 11:19am EDT by 180 Comments
Why Taylor Lautner Hates Being Shirtless In 'Breaking Dawn!'

While we don’t like hearing that Taylor feels uncomfortable showing off his perfect six-pack — we can only be so understanding. We really couldn’t imagine the ‘Twilight Saga’ without Jacob’s sexy bod!

In at interview on Nov. 7 with Entertainment Tonight host Nancy O’Dell, Taylor Lautner reveals some devastating news — he hates being shirtless. And lucky for him (not us!) he’s mostly clothed in Breaking Dawn Part 1 which hits theaters Nov. 18.

“It was exciting to not have to do that (being shirtless) too much,” Taylor says in the interview. “One it’s freezing whenever we film, it’s just not fun. Two it’s uncomfortable… I’m the only person on the set like that and everybody else is wearing clothes.”

Well, we wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Edward (Robert Pattinson) shirtless as much as you are!

Watch the video interview and weigh in below! Are you bummed Taylor hates being shirtless?

— Nicole Karlis

More ‘Breaking Dawn!’

1. Kristen Stewart Wanted To ‘Stop’ The ‘Breaking Dawn’ Wedding!
  2. Robert Pattinson: Why It’s Hard To Do Sex Scenes With Kristen Stewart! Video Interview!
  3. Robert Pattinson Reveals What He Envies About Taylor Lautner!

Guest

Posted at 5:44 AM on December 9, 2011

Anyone find it strange that there was no reason ever given as to why Taylor was a no show at that Grammy Nomination night? Also strange is that not even one news or gossip sites even mention anything about him not turning up. I means his appearance was announced by the official Grammy organizer and no one saying anything about it? I sense something is not right, something is very wrong. I just hope he hasn’t become so full of himself and decided he can do whatever he want and not turn up. Or his team is at a loggerhead with the Grammy organizer over his appearance fee etc. and pull out last minute.

Geez

Posted at 12:52 PM on December 9, 2011

I’ve been wondering about this too. I can’t believe that nothing has been said about it. It was announced almost every where when he was supposed to show up but he doesn’t and mum’s the word? No backlash or official statements? I don’t get it. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Alright

Posted at 4:08 PM on December 9, 2011

Im glad you brought this up. I’m also completely confused as to why not a signle thing was said anywhere about his absence. I know he wasn’t sick or busy that night because he was seen at Cleo’s retaurant that night. I’m wondering if it was a mistake made by the Grammy committee because TL doesn’t seem like the type of guy that would ditch an awards show on purpose, especially when he’s supposed to be presenting. I hope that the fame isn’t getting to his head because that would be very disappointing. I’m not that big of a TL fan, but I know A LOT of them were staying up late in hopes of seeing him there and were very diappointed when he didn’t show up. Also I didn’t watch the show so i don’t know for sure, but I heard that TL’s name was introduced along with the other person he was supposed to present with, but a girl came out instead. If that’s true then that tells me his absence was a last minute descision because he didn’t even notify the award show that he wasn’t going.

bud

Posted at 5:50 AM on December 8, 2011

@geez Thanks for sounding reasonable. FYI -I just googled the info & saw comments here, repeated that “legally” found info, and just wanted to ask if anyone had seen TL lately. It’s exam time & I’m not out much.

@alright My comment’s “alright” was a mispelled word – I meant “all right”
I hope you are doing well and I appreciate your comments. Even Mark Zuckerberg has now found that there is not any real security with his own computers/texting. IMO u are overreacting to my comments.

Geez

Posted at 10:55 AM on December 8, 2011

@bud Don’t remind me! I have all my finals next week :( and I’ll admit it…famous people or neighbors…I’m just all around inquisitive lol

lies

Posted at 6:12 PM on December 7, 2011

@Alright I don’t believe in the whole nasty text message.

Question

Posted at 12:07 AM on December 8, 2011

Well something went wrong somewhere. What do you think about the timeline of their break up? Months before Abduction premiered or weeks before? I know we shouldn’t care and such but I’m curious as to what fans think.

Alright

Posted at 3:59 PM on December 8, 2011

In my opionion, it was MONTHS before. But that’s only if you are considering them as being a real couple. I don’t, I don’t consider this a break up. I consider TL putting an end to the showmance. There’s no proof that Lily was ever even in Baton Rouge. when TL was filming BD. Pics of TL were taken of him at many football games in Louisiana and Lily was never in the pics, in the background of the pics, or even mentioned being there. So if she was there, why wouldn’t he take her with him when he went out? But anyway, that’s my opinion, they broke up months before the premiere.

Alright

Posted at 6:14 PM on December 6, 2011

@bud
I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to try and start up again. TL is in Beverly Hills because he’s rich so he can afford pricey restaurants and because if he was on a meeting or doing something professional at that dinner, then do you really think that agencies/talent agents/potential business partners are going to be taking their millionaire guest (TL) out to McDonalds in East LA? You must be kidding. TL is represented by WME Talent Agency which is located in Beverly Hills too…what I’m basically trying to say is- there are a MULTITUDE of reasons as to why TL was in Beverly Hills and he is going to continue to be seen in Beverly Hills over time for the reasons I stated above. TL lives in Valencia, CA which is where his ex sara lives too. So every time he steps foot in Valencia is he going off to be with her? No, they barely even talk anymore. Also, TS lives in Beverly Hills too, so what do you think about that? Was he with TS too?…lol. As for Lily’s weight gain, that is a very weak statement to try and say that she’s pregnant. You can tell the difference between a fat person and a pregnant person. I don’t care about Lily’s weight gain and it has nothing to do with what i think about her. Lily isn’t fat but she did gain weight after Abduction. Why? I don’t know know nor do i care. You once again failed at trying to plant the idea in our heads that TL and LC are getting back together or were ever a REAL couple. Their relationship was PR driven from the start. Also, LC was at The Newsroom with her friend Candace Winters who she has known for a while. TL was not mentioned, seen in the pics, or even noted as being anywhere near The Newsroom. When you produce info that can actually prove that TL and LC have potential together than I will be more than happy to hear it. Also you never reposted your answer as to where you get all this “insider” info you have.

Geez

Posted at 9:24 AM on December 7, 2011

Goodness! I think bud was just saying to watch for them because they might meet up. I don’t think he was saying they’re together! And if he’s trying to stir the pot….well played because people are discussing things here again.

Alright

Posted at 4:05 PM on December 7, 2011

Unfortunately, Bud always says very sucpicious information without saying where he/she got it from. Everytime Bud says something wild I and many others have asked where he/she gets it from and everytime Bud has an excuse. The first time I asked, Bud said that he got insider info about the Breaking Dawn cast and set from a blog online, BUT that the blog had been taken down so no one could see it anymore. Then I once again asked where Bud was recieving info from when he/she said that TL and Lily were secretly seeing each other by taking private plans to all these secluded places. But this time Bud said that HL wouldn’t post it. BUT HL only takes down posts AFTER it has been posted. So that tells me that Bud is a lying. So Bud says all this crazy stuff and never says where they get it. Unless he/she is obtaining it illegaly, which Bud has never said so that’s not an excuse, I will continue to think that Bud might be a fraud. I’m talking about all the other times Bud has posted things on this website.

bud

Posted at 5:48 AM on December 8, 2011

@alright My comment’s “alright” was a mispelled word – I meant “all right”

Bud BS

Posted at 5:44 PM on December 6, 2011

Here we go again @bud trying too start something but can’t finish it LOL.

karma

Posted at 5:40 PM on December 6, 2011

@bud I have to disagree with you ,just because Taylor was in Beverly Hills doesn’t mean their back together and I’m not a fan of her but please stop rigging the girl because of her weight.

@bud

Posted at 4:51 PM on December 6, 2011

To me she looks like she’s just filling out. I don’t know why you constantly bring her weight into this! If you wants to say you think she’s preggers or just plain ol’ fat then have the nerve to do so. Wrong or right..anyone who takes your word as law was a whackadoodle to begin with! Lol

bud

Posted at 4:03 PM on December 6, 2011

Someone wrote earlier that recently, TL was at Cleo’s near Beverly Hills. LC is home too, (looking bigger than summer of ’10 in PA) and spotted recently at The Newsroom in Beverly Hills. Keep looking for TL, alright.

Chiki

Posted at 4:33 PM on December 6, 2011

@bud Are you saying they are back together? If she said all those things about him then WHY would he even consider getting back with her? Hope he has moved on to someone better!

WOW

Posted at 4:35 PM on December 6, 2011

@Bud Are you trying to say that LC is expecting?

Curious

Posted at 2:24 AM on December 5, 2011

@karma, thanks for the info. I found it strange that there was no media report of TS/John meet up at Target, except fans report on twitter. Thought they would jump on something like that. But then, everyone was still fixate on TS/TL so no one take notice about them which is exactly what happened back in 2009 and she was able to quietly see him behind TL’s back.

@Alright, TL said that talk of his collaboration with Van Gust is premature. I take that as not ready. So who know, he might go into this first while still working things out for his Indie film?
Oh, the TS song “Ours” is about her relationship with John Mayer, surprise surprise…NOT :)

@Anon, what mags did you see that story from? That TL want TS back?
It could be a very old story since the TCA back in August or that LA concert. But nothing eventuate since then.

Anon

Posted at 10:58 PM on December 4, 2011

Why would TS fans calm down when mags are fueling the fire? Taylor wants Tay S back is a story I saw but wasn’t able to read. And it was from this month.

Bre

Posted at 7:43 PM on December 4, 2011

@ Karma

I agree I don’t dislike Taylor S fans but…they really are unbearable when it comes to TS & TL. I think it’s for them to give it a break now.

Alright

Posted at 8:55 PM on December 4, 2011

I know right? It’s been two years now…

karma

Posted at 12:54 PM on December 4, 2011

@Curious It was some big event held by Target on Sept 14 lot of big names were there Oprah,Beyonce,Swift,Mayer and others and there were people tweeting how awkward that TS and JM are at the same place so if there any truth that their back together then that could of been were they reconcile, but I don’t know if she really wanna piss off half of her fanbase.

@Kay It’s not media It’s her fans that won’t let go.Lautner fans are getting annoyed with them.

Me

Posted at 3:14 AM on December 4, 2011

Aw! He likes that Nicholas Sparks stuff!

Curious

Posted at 2:32 AM on December 4, 2011

Regarding that Nicholas Sparks, never heard of him before this so googled him up and just realized he’s the author for The Notebook. Lol.
Anyway, seemed like rights to the film for his book “The Best of Me” were sold to Warner Bros and he will also be producer for that film. But this book seemed to only get average rating from readers. So I dunno what to think.

Alright

Posted at 10:14 AM on December 4, 2011

Yeah i heard about The Best of Me, but i don’t know what it’s about. Usually, his stories are love stories. However, i thought TL was doing an indie as his next film, so why would he be approaching a film that’s going to be produced by Warner Bros.?

Curious

Posted at 2:23 AM on December 4, 2011

@Alright, I did see the tweet from Grammy nominations committee saying TL was going to be one of the announcers. They even tweeted a pix of the seating arrangement with TL’s name there. At first I was also curious why he would be there but then later realized that he did have something to promote in December – Abduction coming out on VOD on 22 Dec (I think). I’m not sure why he wouldn’t turn up. I hope there’s a good explanation for it cos it doesn’t look good on him or them.
My guess, he’s prob trying to distant himself from Swift. I noticed the night before the nomination, BTD was trending and every Taysquared fans was excited to see him announce her name. So maybe he doesn’t want to give them anything to talk about? But that’s really bad for his reputation if that really is the case. He shouldn’t let that get tangled with his professional life. I’m hoping it’s a mix up or something. Btw, anyone know what category was he supposed to announce?

@karma, when did Swift/Mayer meet up in Sept? I means, is it beginning or end of Sept? But that’s interesting. Just another reason I believe they are back together.

Kay

Posted at 11:47 PM on December 3, 2011

@ Alright

I did hear that! So what was going on he suppose to be a presenter of some category at the Grammy’s nominations and wasn’t there? It probably was a mix up I doubt he was even suppose to be there. I heard some fans were upset.

@Karma& Alright
I did see that on Twitter as well.It does make you wonder if there is new project possibly in the works hmm..?

As for TL/TS I’m sure they are friends but not the best of friends, of what the media is always trying to make them out to be. I honestly think TL has nothing to do with her in a romantic way anymore but the media really needs to stop the,’he can’t get away from her, he still likes her sending her flowers etc.’Or even if they take a picture together that old,’it was meant to be’ crap. I doubt TL doesn’t want to be with someone who didn’t want to be with him. If TS is with JM then that’s on her , she got her heart supposedly broken by him and then wants to run back to him?That does not make sense! Hopefully, she’s not the type that loves miseries company.

Alright

Posted at 12:51 AM on December 4, 2011

Apparently, it was officially released from the Grammy nominations committee that he was going to be persenting with Taraji P. Henson. I didn’t watch the show, but i heard that TL’s name was called when he was supposed to come on stage, but that a girl came out instead. TL wasn’t ever there, like i said, he was seen at Cleo’s restaurant. I personally don’t know why he would be presenting there anyway, it’s not like he has something he’s promoting at the moment. But yes, some people were disappointed. I honestly don’t know wether it was a mix up or he just ditched. TL doesn’t seem like the type of person that would skip an awards show if he was supposed to be there. Then again, I don’t know why the Grammy nomination’s committee didn’t know they made a mistake.

karma

Posted at 9:43 PM on December 3, 2011

Oops sorry messed up on that last comment.

karma

Posted at 4:37 PM on December 3, 2011

Nicholas Sparks tweeted of having lunch with TL. Could this means a new project ,we all know that Taylor love the notebook.

The John/Taylor hookup again could of started in Sept when they both were at the Target big event(forgot what state where it was held)If this is true ,then her her fans will be pissed.

Alright

Posted at 4:11 PM on December 3, 2011

I just saw this! TL had lunch with Nichloas Sparks today! He’s a New York Times best seller who wrote Dear John and The Last Song (both of those books were made into movies starring Amanada Seyfried and Miley Cyrus). He just wrote it on his twitter account. I wonder if they’re planning a movie based off of one of his books?

Alright

Posted at 3:00 PM on December 3, 2011

@Curious
Yes, he is good at hiding, but people have seen him. He was believed to be presenting at the Grammy Nominations awards, but he wasn’t there. Instead he was at Cleo’s (a restautant)in Hollywood. Also, I’m posistive this wasn’t made up by someone because the person who tweeted it was Erin Chambers, an actress on ABC’s General Hospital, and i don’t think she would lie. Taylor was also seen by a guy named Pat Healy, who supposedly is an actor and writer. He saw TL last night at Trader Vic’s (a polynesian/chinese restaurent) “drinking a pina colada” lol TL is underaged and doesn’t drink so i’m sure it wasn’t an alcoholic drink.
@Vicki
Yes, I have seen her new haircut, which is reminiscent of BTD. I think that’s really lame and that she’s just trying to get people talking again. I saw her ‘Ours’ video, personally, I don’t like TS’s music, it has nothing to do with her. I’m just not a fan of country music at all, and i thought the whole video was boring. IDk who it’s about, but i know that she didn’t love TL, because when the breakup story was exposed back in 2009, the sources said that she wasn’t into him, and she didn’t think that he really like her either, but i don’t think that was true. whatever lol.

Vicki

Posted at 9:08 AM on December 3, 2011

Just saw this thread and cannot just leave it without commenting.
@Guest, your comments about TL is so very unfair. Swift may have written BTD for TL but that doesn’t means that she really meant it. I was originally pleased to hear that she has written an apology for him, but have you forgotten how she promoted it? She was singing how she wanted TL back but on the other hand, she was seen going around holding hand with Jake G. That really pissed me off and it shows that shes only using him to promote her album. To be honest, I don’t think Swift ever really loved TL and he knows this, that’s why he doesn’t want her back.
She has hurted him once and seemed like she doing it again now.
She has let all her fans think that she wanted TL by sporting that new haircut – same as in BTD MV, but she really doing it John Mayer. When they were dating in 2009 she was seeing JM behind TL’s back and all TL’s fans know this. So she is again using TL to cover her track with JM. I’m furious about this. So screw her!
@Curious, yes I also do think that Swift is back with John Mayer and her MV for “Ours” definitely hinted that the end. I don’t know how all her fans didn’t see this. I guess they don’t want to acknowledge that shes not what they think she is.

Anne

Posted at 11:00 AM on December 3, 2011

I agree. And she wrote BTD while she was still dating JM so that lyric is meaningless.

Curious

Posted at 5:24 AM on December 3, 2011

Hmmm…..after seeing the Taylor Swift “ours” mv, I agree with someone who earlier said that it’s looks like she is back with John Mayer. The way she’s changing her hair etc. is like she’s trying to back down the memories lane when she’s with him. Not to mention shes releasing at the song she wrote for him. So yeah, she definitely not with Jake.

But I wonder where Taylor Lautner is these day? He’s sooo good at hiding.

Anon

Posted at 2:45 PM on December 3, 2011

OMG. I thought i was the only one who had noticed the John Mayer hairstyle. As in the hair she had when she wanted to look older to hang out with him.

Alright

Posted at 10:07 PM on December 2, 2011

I’m just wondering…did everyone move on to a different article?

Mee

Posted at 12:55 AM on November 28, 2011

Wow! You guys are all bam! with the information!! That’s a compliment btw!

Alright

Posted at 8:34 PM on November 27, 2011

@tlhg
Thank you! This explains why he was dressed so formally, he was in a suit in the picture! Like he would ever get all dressed up for Lily, please! lol, she wasn’t even there.