20 Kids And Counting! Michelle Duggar Is Pregnant AGAIN!

Tue, November 8, 2011 9:22am EDT by 122 Comments
Michelle Duggar Miscarriage

Will the Duggar family ever stop growing?!? Michelle and Jim Bob announced they’re expecting their 20th child!

The entire Duggar family appeared on The Today Show to make a big announcement — 45-year-old Michelle Duggar is three and a half months pregnant! Will they have to change their reality show title of 19 Kids and Counting now?

Michelle  said she was actually surprised to discover her pregnancy. “I was not thinking that God would give us another one, and we are just so grateful.”

UPDATE: Read about Michelle Duggar’s miscarriage

Michelle’s last pregnancy was difficult: She had gall-bladder problems, preeclampsia and their daughter Josie, now 23 months, had to be delivered three and a half months premature. But that doesn’t stop Michelle from wanting another. “I know that God is the one who gives life, and I’m just so grateful and thankful,” she told The Today Show last summer. “We would welcome another if He saw fit, but we’ll wait and see.”

She’s already done with her first-trimester morning sickness, and she says she’s feeling great. So far, there haven’t been health worries. The couple won’t find out the gender of the child until around Christmas.

The family’s 19 kids, which range in age from 23 years to 23 months, were surprised to hear another sibling is on the way from their dad, Jim Bob. “Their mouths dropped,” Michelle said. “They all looked at me to see if he was joking.”

“Michelle and I both feel like some of the most blessed parents in the world,” Jim Bob said. “Our children are so sweet… we are so grateful to God. We didn’t want to stop on an odd number.”

Can YOU believe this news? Is 20 kids TOO many, or do you think they can handle it? Is it safe for Michelle to have a kid at 45 years old?

Click here to read why we think the Duggars should have more babies!

More Duggar News!

1. ’19 Kids’ And Still Counting! Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar Want MORE Children!
  2. Oh No! Little Jason Duggar Fell And Was Rushed To The Hospital!
  3. ’19 Kids And Counting’ Finale: Michelle Duggar Admits She’d Love MORE Kids! Can You Believe It?

Ginger Lee

Posted at 8:13 PM on November 27, 2011

I would be very interested on their take on invitro. Three of my five children are here because of IVF….and I am grateful. I have nothing negative to say about the Duggar family. They raise their children on their own, within their own family. They have a keen sense of business, too. I love the show and am very impressed with the whole family.

Marlene

Posted at 11:24 PM on November 24, 2011

I’m in disbelief that the Duggar’s are continuing to bring more children into the world. My first words when I read this was OMG! I have read why they do not use birth control and it is listed below from the Today Show.

But, please really God isn’t sending these children to you, the lack of birth control is why you are continuing to have babies.

Matt Lauer asks if the children are inclined to have large families themselves. Every one of them says yes. He asks if any of the children would like to have a small family, no one raises their hand. What no one seems to get, is that this is not a real question the Duggar kids. Having no children, or a small amount of children doesn’t make sense to them. They have been taught that leaving your fertility up to God is the only right way to have a family, even if one of them doesn’t want a large amount of children, if they want to serve God, they have NO choice. Even in the case of infertility, a small number of children or no children would be seen as sad, and possibly a rejection from God. (Wow I myself find this last sentence as totally insane)!

“The Duggar’s do not see having a large family as a fun choice that people who love kids can make, they see it as a call from God. A challenge to have enough faith to trust God with your fertility, even if it means many more children than you can parent, even if it means losing your life”.

“Quiverfull theology teaches that couples are to have as many children as God grants them, and raise them up in the lord. The parents give themselves up for their children, because they are blessings from God. This sounds very honourable and self-sacrificing, but I feel that this theology creates a very narcissistic understanding of the family”.

Everyone has their own faith and beliefs, but seriously they are going to have 20 kids that were brought up with the same beliefs as their parents, so just for an example lets say each of their kids has 20 kids that is 400 grand-children and that isn’t far fetched. Josh and Anna are off to a great start with two kids under the age of two!

So in closing I’m glad most people use some sort of birth control, I’m not preaching here, just saying OMG what if every family in America had 20 kids in it.

Now that Michelle is expecting I’m hoping everything goes great and both she and the baby are alright. I’m also hoping that this is the last baby they bring into this world.

They will have plenty of grand-children to love and nourish. Doesn’t sound like it will ever be a shortage in their family.

Janelle

Posted at 3:22 PM on November 22, 2011

I don’t watch the show. However, I was one of 11. My parents were educated, and had an excellent income. We did not want for physical things. However, as a few posters have pointed out, there was no bonding between parents and children. You cannot be “close” to 11 kids, and give them the attention they need. I was a twin, and my mother admitted years later I was never held at feeding time because my sister was more “fussy” than I was. My bottle was propped, and I was on my own. I was one of the older girls, so I raised my youngest siblings. Mom went for a Masters, so I was relegated to chief child care provider at the age of 12. We were told our needs did not matter, it’s all for the good of the group. Fine in theory, but I never developed self esteem or a strong sense of self. It took a nervous breakdown at 30 to realize all the damge that was caused by my upbringing in an ‘army’. We were all well behaved, good students, but the close bond with our parents was absent. A healthy sense of self was sorely lacking. God help the Duggar children.

Jennifer

Posted at 9:14 AM on November 20, 2011

So sad to see some of the other negative comments on here. The Duggars appear to be genuine people, and have truly given their lives over to God. So, if it’s in His hands, they take what they’re given. Yes, the planet may be overpopulated, but the problem is with hungry or poor people. These kids are well taken care of and set for life. They are not contributing in a negative way. If anything we can learn something from this family. They have 20 kids and they are well behaved. I sometimes struggle with my two!! They are obviously doing something right. I think they are amazing.

Catherine Greenfield

Posted at 10:27 PM on November 17, 2011

Good Greef!!
Maybe someone should tell them that its sex that causes babies, not God!!
Anyone hear of protection??
Or maybe just hoarding!!

jen

Posted at 8:44 PM on November 30, 2011

sex does causes babies but its up to them if they want to keep having babies good for them iam happy for them cong on there 20th babie way to go michelle and jimbob duggar

paige

Posted at 4:32 PM on November 14, 2011

SOMEONE NEEDS TO SEW this mom up !! Or cutt off jim bobs jimmy .. this is GROSS and i feel bad for the older kids beacuse they are one ones that get stuck taken care of the little kids..
I mean you know she is just doing this for the money .. more kids she has the more money and things giving to her and her family beacuse if she was really taken care of them out of there pocket she would have stopped at 2 – 3 ..
I mean its kinda gross , she is a grandmother now and she is trying to take the spot light away from Josh and anna..

U THINK THEY WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOO gateful that josie was healthy and alive after all her health probs and the mom falling ILL at 28 weeks prego with the last one , that she would have stopped but no she needs more GREEN ..

yucky

kau

Posted at 8:46 PM on November 30, 2011

they are not doing it for the money ladie

Lulu

Posted at 11:44 PM on November 10, 2011

Love the Duggars. Such a genuine and loving family.

Claire

Posted at 11:25 PM on November 10, 2011

This whole family should drop dead.

They’re complete morons who are contributing to an already overpopulated planet and spreading their ridiculous, bigoted beliefs.

MOrgan

Posted at 8:58 PM on November 27, 2011

your horrible. how could you want someone to die? God created humans in his image love them as you love yourself.

hether

Posted at 8:49 PM on November 30, 2011

they should not drop dead maybe ur just being so mean and lady they are not morons and maybe u should look in the mirror before u call anyone morons and are they telling u there beliefs

Janley

Posted at 3:31 PM on November 10, 2011

Dumas1000, a moral/ethical crime is not the Duggars who raise their children appropriately and take care of their own kids, and did nothing crazy to get pregnant.

A moral/ethical crime are people like the Gosselin family or Octomom. Both these families used artificial means to have litters of children that they could not support. Both of these families took money from the State for a significant period of time to pay for the litters of kids.

Kelly m

Posted at 9:16 AM on November 10, 2011

I think it is great that they leave the number of children that have in to gods hands. I have 7 kids my oldest is 13 and my youngest is 4 weeks old and I want more and will have as many as god will give me

Stacy

Posted at 7:52 PM on November 9, 2011

Oh my God! Well it certainly is a miracle that they actually made it to have 19 let alone having a 20th. I think they can do it. :)

dumas1000

Posted at 2:55 PM on November 9, 2011

Our planet has serious issues with over population, and many problems that we face as a planet can be directly attributed to this over population. Especially in underdeveloped/third world countries. What this family has done here should be a crime. In some countries, it is a crime. It’s certainly a moral/ethical crime, even if it’s not a legal crime.

Pat

Posted at 2:27 PM on November 9, 2011

I’m over trying to figure out her reasoning here.
if she wants to ruin her health later in the name
of the Lord, then its her business. I do feel that it
is inconsiderate of her to monopolise her daughters life,
by having them take care of them, once she is finishing
nursing them. As it is I do not think that the older girls, have any independent say at all over their lives. Imagine controlling over reading magazines even. Somthing is not right about that.

Jane

Posted at 3:38 PM on November 10, 2011

Oh Pat, the Duggar girls’ are more than fine. The Duggar family will thrive in years to come.

Taylor

Posted at 2:27 PM on November 9, 2011

That’s messed up man, really? Do you rly need 20 kids? And their beliefs are ridiculous. I’m sorry, I don’t believe in forcing religion on any child. I can only hope they’d believe what I believe, but if not..who am I to judge them? I’m not gonna tell my child they’re going to hell for using a computer or watching movies, etc. It’s funny they claim to be Christians, because of all the Christians I know..they certainly aren’t like these people lol. They’re more like Mormons to me. But I guess whatever floats their boat..if they wanna keep their kids on lockdown so they have no life other than them and taking care of whatever pops out of her vagina next, so be it.

Jen

Posted at 3:33 PM on November 10, 2011

Taylor, you must be a Gosselin fan and are just jealous the Duggars went to Europe and are still on the air, unlike the fake and abusive Kate Gosselin and her uncontrollable litter of kids?

Jess

Posted at 11:00 AM on November 9, 2011

I love the Duggars. Please adopt me!

cherry

Posted at 9:51 AM on November 9, 2011

I agree this people just want more fame, they will have more money for themselves. The kids seem fake there too nice, we know if a NORMAL family was this big there would be mayhem, and this kids seem too FAKE, always well behaved! They will cry like that crazy lady Kate when her 10 minutes of fame was over. TLC has some funny shows such as sister wives thats crazy and nasty of that Kody guy. HAHAHHA we need better shows something more realistic. PLEASE!!!!

A

Posted at 9:22 AM on November 9, 2011

children are home schooled and appear brain washed to me

Sandi

Posted at 3:36 PM on November 10, 2011

Hey A, the Duggar children are smart and well-mannered. What about the dumb and not well-mannered Gosselin kids?

Sarah

Posted at 8:22 AM on November 9, 2011

These ppl only want publicity. They know that if they have another kid, they will be even more famous & get more money! I find this fam so annoying!

Jen

Posted at 3:39 PM on November 10, 2011

Sarah, I love the Duggars. So glad the Gosselin moronic mother and kids are off the air. TLC did the right thing.

someone101

Posted at 7:30 AM on November 9, 2011

do you think it hurts her to have kids still or do you think shes use to it from having delivered all the other 19 kids? i love the duggar family because each one of those kids are very well behaved and so kind and generous

c

Posted at 12:54 PM on November 10, 2011

i feel like they’d just slide out nice and easy at this point

Alana

Posted at 1:11 AM on November 9, 2011

I love the Duggars too. I can’t wait to see the European vacation shows.

Angie

Posted at 1:03 AM on November 9, 2011

Love the Duggars. I think it is great that the older kids help caretake the younger ones. What great teenagers. It certainly is better to have a close knit loving family member take care of your children vs. nanny after nanny.

Congrats Duggars on your new little addition.

Anonymous

Posted at 10:59 PM on November 8, 2011

The entire inbred Duggar clan needs to be spayed and neutered. Dumb hillbillies.

John

Posted at 2:38 AM on November 9, 2011

A little mean Anonymous? So what else is going on in your world? The Duggar family is a breath of fresh air in the world of reality TV.

All 19 children are well behaved, attractive, and fantastic human beings. It is more than you can say for the dumb and not so attractive and out of control Gosselin and Nadya Suleman kids (who are all by the way test tube generated).

Sara

Posted at 11:13 AM on November 9, 2011

There are a lot of people who did what the Gosselin’s did to have kids. Theres no crime in that. They didn’t intentionally create 6 kids at one time for fame. And I believe that the Duggar’s need to leave the baby making to the younger kids once they get married. I love the Duggar family too, but I also feel like Americans are supporting all of their kids, and there are other children in America that need help, like the ones abandoned by parents or produced by high schoolers that can’t provide for them. Those kids need help too, no matter what situation they are in.

jamen

Posted at 8:56 PM on November 30, 2011

hey anonymous could not write ur name they are not dumb hillbillies and the father should not be sayed or neutered if they want more kids good for them on there 20th babie on the way

Susanne

Posted at 10:50 PM on November 8, 2011

I love the Duggar family, they seem very loving and caring :)I have been watching there show since the very first episode. <3 but…This is crazy I dont think its fair for the older kids to have to take responsibility for there younger siblings. With this many kids Michelle cant possibly have a one on one relationship with them! It is heart breaking. Michelle almost died from her last birth with Josie. Does she not get the hint that its probably time to stop? Shes putting her and her childs life at risk.

Kerri

Posted at 8:43 PM on November 8, 2011

It’s really no one’s business but their own. They take care of their children and do not live off of welfare like so many families do nowadays. Would I have 20 children? No. Do I care if others do? No. They seem like such a wonderful, loving family who really put their children FIRST, something so many people do not do anymore. Sad really. I wish them all the best and pray for a healthy pregnancy!

Casey

Posted at 6:02 PM on November 9, 2011

They have made it other people’s business by having a reality tv show. If they lived private lives I would agree with you but the choice to have so much of their lives exposed to the public is not without consequences. They can’t have the perks of celebrity and none of the negatives. I don’t care if they are religious or more wholesome than say, the Khardasian’s, you can’t dictate how people are going to react to you when you choose to become a celebrity and make intimate aspects of you and your children’s lives public.

Perly

Posted at 3:04 AM on December 11, 2011

I will never wish anything bad to any pregnant woman, but they DO NOT put their children first, and I’ll tell you why. First off, a mother will never let her older children raise her younger children. She may have them help every now and then but not completely raise them. Second, a mother that has so many kids and nearly died having the last baby will NOT put her life at risk again to have more children knowing that she is in big danger. How is she possibly putting her kids first when she has brained-washed them into taking care of them if anything were to happen to her as a result of giving birth? Im sorry, this couple have 19 wonderful children and I don’t argue with that or their beliefs… I just dont think that they have all of their priorities straight. Im a strong believer of God and I as well want to have more kids as I recently lost my first child, but if my doctor says my life is at risk I rather stop trying and start looking into adoption. Those kids need love too.

juliet

Posted at 8:29 PM on November 8, 2011

When will they stop having kids?