20 Kids And Counting! Michelle Duggar Is Pregnant AGAIN!

Tue, November 8, 2011 9:22am EDT by 122 Comments
Michelle Duggar Miscarriage

Will the Duggar family ever stop growing?!? Michelle and Jim Bob announced they’re expecting their 20th child!

The entire Duggar family appeared on The Today Show to make a big announcement — 45-year-old Michelle Duggar is three and a half months pregnant! Will they have to change their reality show title of 19 Kids and Counting now?

Michelle  said she was actually surprised to discover her pregnancy. “I was not thinking that God would give us another one, and we are just so grateful.”

UPDATE: Read about Michelle Duggar’s miscarriage

Michelle’s last pregnancy was difficult: She had gall-bladder problems, preeclampsia and their daughter Josie, now 23 months, had to be delivered three and a half months premature. But that doesn’t stop Michelle from wanting another. “I know that God is the one who gives life, and I’m just so grateful and thankful,” she told The Today Show last summer. “We would welcome another if He saw fit, but we’ll wait and see.”

She’s already done with her first-trimester morning sickness, and she says she’s feeling great. So far, there haven’t been health worries. The couple won’t find out the gender of the child until around Christmas.

The family’s 19 kids, which range in age from 23 years to 23 months, were surprised to hear another sibling is on the way from their dad, Jim Bob. “Their mouths dropped,” Michelle said. “They all looked at me to see if he was joking.”

“Michelle and I both feel like some of the most blessed parents in the world,” Jim Bob said. “Our children are so sweet… we are so grateful to God. We didn’t want to stop on an odd number.”

Can YOU believe this news? Is 20 kids TOO many, or do you think they can handle it? Is it safe for Michelle to have a kid at 45 years old?

Click here to read why we think the Duggars should have more babies!

More Duggar News!

1. ’19 Kids’ And Still Counting! Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar Want MORE Children!
  2. Oh No! Little Jason Duggar Fell And Was Rushed To The Hospital!
  3. ’19 Kids And Counting’ Finale: Michelle Duggar Admits She’d Love MORE Kids! Can You Believe It?

Simon Scowell

Posted at 12:33 PM on December 26, 2012

I heard the Michelle Duggar’s vagina is so large……her little ones use it as a clubhouse!

crystal kleist lea

Posted at 1:25 AM on September 21, 2012

i love her two have more kids michelle duggar again she look pretty good looking and fine two she can have more kids as they whant two have they nice two each other and love couple and kind

crystal kleist lea

Posted at 11:54 PM on September 6, 2012

congerts michelle duggar on you 20th baby girl are boy that you be have again sweetheart thing you are the best mother of those kids that you have you can believe

Muriel Pleasic Peninger

Posted at 2:21 PM on October 10, 2013

Congrads. to u and Jim. Hope all goes well for u. GodBless u Both. Don’t have anymore, I fear for u er health Michelle. That Josie is really some girl. Adorable.

crystal kleist lea

Posted at 9:50 PM on September 6, 2012

i love michelle duggar two have more kids again and all the time best friendship friend ever more

Poetry

Posted at 12:02 PM on May 1, 2012

Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem together with your site in internet explorer, may test this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a good component to other people will omit your wonderful writing because of this problem.

connie

Posted at 7:50 PM on April 7, 2012

wow, 20 kids….there a blessing

Marla Wright

Posted at 2:50 AM on March 28, 2012

It shouldn’t, but it does amaze me how many of you believe you are the holy spirit! The Duggars believe the Lord has called them to live their life for Him & to the best of their ability! When you question them, you are questioning God!! If your heart belongs to Jesus, then I hope & pray He convicts you of your judgement on others!! I am no better than any of you! It just breaks my heart that the Duggars have had to walk this difficult journey!! I found it very encouraging (as should you) that Michelle’s first words after finding out there was no heartbeat, was “the Lord giveth & the Lord taketh away…Blessed b the name of the Lord!” I honestly pray you will search your heart & life, & if Jesus is in you…you’ll b on your knees asking forgiveness for your judgement on this family & I’m sure MANY others!

renita

Posted at 10:47 AM on March 22, 2012

i think bonnie is absolutely right…this duggar woman is getting pathetic and dumb now…God gives children as a blessing but He also gives us the brain to think and take care of the things He gave us(other kids, home, helping others ect.)…Man also made the pill and condoms for us to control how and when to get pregnant, she has no common sense to just keep breeding like a mule or a rat…if this was a latina or a black person having all the babies i could only imagine how different these comments would be…they have more kids so the show will go on (disgusting) they do need to stop now because her body is not as strong as it was 10-15 yrs. ago…what does she think she is superwoman? and for such a conservative woman she not so conservative thinking when it comes to laying with her man and being unresponsible, when lets say she could be cleaning something, cooking, being out with her kids doing things, teaching them something instead of letting the other ones do her job (ect.)…like give me a break already, she’s either lame or mentally ill…plus when you just lost one and again are pregnant with no long term thought process she deserves to have still births…God is trying to tell her to close up shop now and stop neglecting the ones she has…straight facts with no sympathy!

Maggie

Posted at 3:00 PM on March 6, 2012

Unfortunately there are a lot of judgmental people in this world. I have no problem with the Duggar family having more children. They are not a burden on society. They have no debt, spend all their time with their children, which is way more than the majority of families, each younger child has an older child to teach them the ropes. They have a beautiful home, hardly watch any t.v., and everyone of their kids have manners and respect for each other. I personally don’t know of any family where the siblings admit to loving each other like this family does. They are doing a wonderful job raising their children into respectful, responsible young adults. This family also does charity work in other countries helping other fabulous who are not so fortunate. They have never solicited for money or anything else. All their travels are paid with their own money.

If God continues to bless this family with more children, then there is a reason. God doesn’t make mistakes. God Bless the Duggar Family.

Maggie

Posted at 3:02 PM on March 6, 2012

Sorry….my smart phone isn’t so smart. I meant to say families, not fabulous.

renita

Posted at 11:09 AM on March 22, 2012

us yes she is soliciting money just by having this ridicules show go on…don’t she think or have common sense to know that some things should remain private? with all the neglect she gives her older girls what if they go out and become pregnant out of wedlock, who would she blame for that? i mean this last pregnancy and still born should of made her see that she is wrong to keep getting pregnant, not to mention what she went through with josie…if she don’t want to take control of herself, her husband and his to hot for t.v. penis should wrap it up or get a vasectomy…i never watch this show but i do read about and see alot of their stupid drama on t.v…i mean check her out for mental issues for handing around dead baby pictures at the funeral…drama to the maximum…and like i said b 4 she has grandbabies now, how disfunctional to have aunts and uncles younger then you…ha ha ha ha…totally lame!

shannon toombs

Posted at 9:33 PM on October 16, 2012

Renita I probably sound just as ridiculous as you do. You do not have a right to tell this woman and her husband how to cover it up. It is their house. They were approached by the show. They did not go looking for it. People need to be happy with what they have and if they need to do better, then plan a way for that to happen.

bonnie

Posted at 2:35 AM on February 12, 2012

Lets state the facts, she has the kids and the older kids watch and take care of the younger. They barely waited any time for her body to recover from the 20 th and number 21 is on the way. If she is 3 mo. now the new one would have been concieved just after the 20th one aborted. The mother is at the stage when age and chromosomes are against her and the unborn child. Is’t fine that she wants to self populatethe world but how fair is it to possible bring children into a over populated country which could have devistating future. They should think about adobtion then they can have 30.

bonnie

Posted at 2:33 AM on February 12, 2012

Lets state the facts, she has the kids and the older kids watch and take care of the younger. They barely waited any time for her body to recover from the 20 th and number 21 is on the way. If she is 3 mo. now the new one would have been concieved just after the 20th one aborted. The mother is at the stage when age and chromosomes are against her and the unborn child. Is’t fine that she wants to self populatethe world but how fair is it to possible bring children into a over populated country which could have devistating future. They should think about adobtin then they can have 30.

Tia

Posted at 7:12 AM on February 5, 2012

Really?? Don’t u think ushould stop having kids? I mean its a little ridiculous.

monica

Posted at 1:24 PM on January 20, 2012

People saying that their last child was born early so she shouldn’t have more: sometimes there are just complications that happen in one pregnancy….all pregnancies are different, even in the same woman. I had my last child 3 months early and I’m pregnant with my 4th. Am I a bad mom because I chose to have another child despite what happened with my last? Absolutely not! They do have the technology and from what michelle had (pre-eclampsia) it can be controlled when caught early. Since they will be monitoring her closely, id say “go on girl!! Have another baby…and as many babies as you want to!”its her choice and I’m sure she has discussed everything with her doctor in great detain what they plan on doing to keep her and her unborn baby safe!! So if you want to criticise her for “ruining her health” well, if she is, that’s her choice! So butt out!!

shannon toombs

Posted at 9:38 PM on October 16, 2012

Monica i agree. I had hemhorraging everyday for 9 weeks with my last baby when it first started they should have done something to stop. i was left to fend for myself. my baby girl was born at 13 weeks gestation. before I had her, i was in the ultrasound in the ER, the tech let me see her, turned the machine up so i could hear her heartbeat. She waved and started sucking her thumb, that was the last time I heard her heart beat. her heart rate was 146 but then steadily went up. to 236. If she is ruining her health that is indeed her business

kitty

Posted at 11:25 AM on January 18, 2012

My main concern is health. After so many complications and a miscarriage, not to mention her age, she needs to stop getting pregnant. She sees it as a “gift from God,” fine. But I’m going to take a wild guess and say that if God exists, then this is a sign she needs to stop having children. If she continues, she will likely have stillbirths, miscarriages and children with developemental issues. NO child deserves a mother who is willing to give them problems such as cerebral paulsy or mental retardation for the sake of religion, let alone bringing death to a child who has not even been given a chance at life. I highly doubt God cares how many children you have. If there is a God, consider that God created all things. Which means, God created sex and fertility. God cannot make choices for you. Only you can be intelligent enough to realize that there comes a time when your body cannot properly care for an unborn infant. What kind of God would ask you to create life and then destroy it? Try to recall the story of Abraham, who was told to kill his own son. God stopped him, God doesnt want us to kill our children. Maybe the complications is God’s way of telling them to stop before they have more misscarriages or other serious complications. To stop before they kill (unwillingly of course) their children.

VERA

Posted at 3:14 PM on January 13, 2012

they seen to be very happy family but 20 kids is just crazy, why keep having more babys and at 45 years old its not good it seems as if they do it just for the publicity thing

Lila

Posted at 8:25 PM on January 8, 2012

So sorry to hear of the loss of Jubilee. May the love of Our Dear Lord bring comfort to your family at this time. I too believe that you will see this child again, that perhaps during the Millenium you will be able to raise these two (Caleb and Jubilee). They were righteous enough spirits that they did not need the testing/trials of this life. My sister lost a two year old in a car accident so our family has pondered this issue a great deal. It is good for the older children to help with the younger ones, “parenting apprentiship”. They will be great parents of their own children from this practice. Family is the most important part of life. Machelle and Jim Bob keep up the good work! You are a great example to the world!! Love your show, thank you for sharing.

joy

Posted at 2:30 PM on December 26, 2011

What you people are doing is not good, maybe because you have money. if it is in Nigeria you cannot survive because our economy is very bad and there will be no means to take proper care of the children. so be careful and dont give birth again for the sake of the wife………………….

Heather

Posted at 11:56 AM on December 20, 2011

Did this hooker really put pictures of her dead baby out for the public to view?! Are they that hard up for money or not have enough of their living children to exploit that they have to cash in on a corpse? Disgusting and so are the idiots that entertain this poor excuse of a “woman”.

HEATHER

Posted at 11:54 AM on December 9, 2011

I think the Duggars are selfish “media-whores”. They cannot possibly give that many children the attention they all deserve. The older children are forced to raise their siblings. I see them as disgusting and I am sick of seeing them in the news. I look forward to American growing bored with them and they losing their show.

Tanya

Posted at 7:47 PM on December 15, 2011

I agree fully with you Heather. Personally, I think Michelle is being used as a machine. My grandmother had pregnancy after pregnancy and it wore her out….she passed away at a very early age. Granted the medical system is much better now, but come on Jim Bob, you’re not catholic…get a vasectomy and save your wife’s life! Your other kids sure didn’t look that happy when they heard the latest news! Another thing….each child that is born is weaker than the one before. Give THEM a chance!

Sissy

Posted at 5:57 PM on January 3, 2012

I agree they have to many kids,the older kids take care of them.I think it is all about money.She is to old to keep on having kids.Let her husband get a job like the rest of the men of the world.The christian part is great.I am sorry she lost the baby.Maybe God is telling them something.
Sissy

Tanya

Posted at 8:51 AM on December 1, 2011

I simply can’t believe the things that I am reading regarding the Duggars. I rather see a loving family have kids as opposed to families on welfare and unfit parents. Alot of families decided to homeschool their kids. A lot can be learn from watching the Duggars. For those who don’t believe in God and/or their religion, that is your choice but don’t judge them because of that. The Duggars are not preaching to you. They are not only Christian but also practicing Christian. So who cares what religion they are? If you don’t like the TV Show, just don’t watch it. Nobody is forcing you to do that. The Duggars kids have chores, responsibles, and both parents are teaching their kids how to make and repair things which most of adults/kids can’t even do. Kids these days are lazy and most of them don’t have chores nor responsibilities. They are to busy texting, playing video games, chatting on the computer, etc. How many families with one or two kids are truly happy…seriously? I rather see one big happy family instead of seeing 10 families with two kids that have unhappy fit parents, neglected kids, on drugs and/or on welfare etc. Rarely do we hear something positive going on in this world, that we (as a society) MUST find something negative to complain about. Why not embrace it? They learn at a young age to work as a TEAM which most of the people can’t even do that. They know that they can count on each other. Can you count on your siblings 100%? So once again, if you can’t stand the Duggars, that is your choice and you are entitled to your opinion. However, try and find a positive for every negative. I would like to see a competition between the Duggars and 10 average family of 2 kids in lifeskill challenge and I am almost 100% sure that the Duggars would be the winner. Maybe that’s something that should be considered to add to the TV show. Food for thought!!!!

Heather

Posted at 10:07 AM on December 1, 2011

You couldn’t of said it any better. I agree with you 100%. Love the Duggars! Congrats on having another baby.

Heather B

Posted at 7:43 AM on December 5, 2011

I agree with the fact that they are a great family and have values in life but I don’t understand the fact of wanting more kids if I had as many problems as she has had with josie I would not want anymore I would also be concerned about my own health and if something would go wrong with her all those kids with no mother. They are a great family and would stick together and make it work but why put yourself in that postion. Congrats but I would be worried.

marie

Posted at 10:50 AM on December 20, 2011

@ Tanya…I agree with you..its their life but I think enough is enough..due to her age it may cause some risk like her last child josie and her present miscarriage…I don’t believe in making ur other children growing up so fast as to having the responsibility of their brother and sisters..its not showing them anything but showing them that it is okay to having a child after another…instead of that they should be worrying about their educational future like what they will become when they grow up i have children of my own three at that and it is hard for me to work and go to school…u need to understand that not all of them are going to be able to have a reality show to support themselves. But I will agree with u I give all my respect to their children because of how well they deal with their parents choses and decisions on making their family bigger. The children need attention and love they are not mainly getting it from their parents they are gettting it from their brothers and sisters. Plus their time is mainly for media. This was my opinion to ur comment but I am going to end this by saying its their life and they know whats best for their family. May God Bless them.

Marie

Posted at 10:56 AM on December 20, 2011

Oh and to add to most families with just two kids dont have their kids well mannered or educated..I am proud to say both of my boys are honor students. My boys have their chores and responsibilty. And my daughter is to young but she knows alot at only 1 1/2 years old. All three have my attention, love , and support.

Tiffany

Posted at 4:25 PM on March 7, 2012

Wow best comment ever!! Totally agree 150%

DeAnna Crabtree

Posted at 1:06 AM on March 28, 2012

Tanya,
I could not have said it better. My personal opinion, is, this country would be in a better place if everyone had a loving family like the Duggars. They show love for their children, and I don’t think one can have enough of that, and more parents should take the time with their children instead of shoving them in front of the television or giving them the video games to occupy them. Spend time with your children, they are indeed and gift from God.