Kim Kardashian Admits: I Married For Love, But Shouldn't Have Tied The Knot!

Tue, November 1, 2011 8:09pm EDT by 30 Comments
Kim Kardashian Divorce Apology

Kim Kardashian may have put the brakes on her marriage, but she still wants a happily ever after! Kim apologizes to her fans, writing she is a hopeless romantic who was caught up in the moment.

Kim Kardashian’s fantasy wedding may not have panned out like she hoped, but the reality starlet says she isn’t giving up on her dream to one day be a mother and doting wife. In a heartfelt written apology to her fans Nov. 1, she said the sole driving force behind her decision to get married was love, but by the time she realized her relationship wasn’t what she wanted, she felt like there were too many people to let down.

“First and foremost, I married for love. I can’t believe I even have to defend this. I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show! I share so much of my life on a reality show, that contemplating whether to even film my wedding was a tough decision to make, and maybe it turned out to not be the smartest decision,” Kim wrote on her blog.

For a girl who has built her career around making her private like public, planning intimate events and cultivating relationships must be difficult beyond reason. Kim admits exchanging vows with Kris Humphries wasn’t the smartest decision, but that her divorce had nothing to do with her feelings being insincere.

Kim’s apology seems sincere, and we’re glad that she can shed some light on her unfortunate situation. It takes a big person to admit they made a mistake, especially one that is so public. We can imagine it was easy for her to get swept up in planning such an extravagant wedding and can understand how the pressures from  the network, businesses involved, and people she loved made it hard for her to pump the brakes when she realized she was making a mistake. She also admitted what we reported earlier that she didn’t make the millions of dollars from the wedding special.

Read the entire post below and tell us what YOU think about Kim’s apology. Do you think it was sincere?

A Message To My Fans
“This is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever had to write. I see all of the support and I am so thankful for my fans, friends and family who are helping me through this difficult time.

I am trying not to read all the different media reports but it’s hard not to see all the negative ones. First and foremost, I married for love. I can’t believe I even have to defend this. I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show! I share so much of my life on a reality show, that contemplating whether to even film my wedding was a tough decision to make, and maybe it turned out to not be the smartest decision. But it’s who I am! We filmed Kourtney giving birth, Khloe getting married, break ups, make ups, our best moments and our worst moments. These were all real moments. That’s what makes us who we are. We share, we give, we love and we are open!

Everyone that knows me knows that I’m a hopeless romantic! I love with all of my heart and soul. I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon. I believed in love and the dream of what I wanted so badly. I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn’t get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn’t know how to and didn’t want to disappoint a lot of people.

I’m being honest here and I hope you respect my courage because this isn’t easy to go through. But I do know that I have to follow my heart. I never had the intention of hurting anybody and I accept full responsibility for my actions and decisions, and for taking everyone on this journey with me. It just didn’t turn out to be the fairy tale I had so badly hoped for.

There are also reports that I made millions of dollars off of the wedding. These reports are simply not true and it makes me so sad to have to even clarify this. I’m so grateful to everyone who took the time to come to my wedding and I’ll be donating the money for all the gifts to the Dream Foundation.

I’m sorry if I have hurt anyone, but my dad always told me to follow my heart I believe now that I really am.”

Nicole Fukuoka

More Kim & Kris News!

1. Kris Humphries With Parents & Heads To Gym As Kim Kardashian Files For Divorce!
  2. Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries Divorce: The Real Reason Why!
  3. What Will Happen To Kim Kardashian’s 20.5 Carat Engagement Ring?

Victoria

Posted at 8:22 PM on June 21, 2012

I think it’s brilliant that Kris is taking Kim to divorce court. None of these girls have ever had to take responsibility for their actions. If Kim was really so in love why did she only stay married for 72 days? she didn’t even try to make this relationship work no marriage counseling no nothing. Kris didn’t even know this was going to happen until he found out online. This is not what you do when you are in love

Melissa

Posted at 11:35 PM on January 10, 2012

Ok Kim, so while I see you wrote all about yourself. Did you ever stop to think about how Kris feels. Did you ever stop to think this isn’t fair to lead Kris on. You are such a selfish person its disgusting. Marriage regarldless of what is going on will always be a work in progress. You gave up way too quickly, I don’t think you tried at all to work your marriage out. Just wait, you will Marry again and find something else wrong with that marriage. Marriage is not and never will be a fairytale, so Get over it. As long as you continue to go to others, like your mom and sisters for answers you’ll never be happy. Your 30 years old, can’t you make your own decisions? When your married you should be talking to your husband. Cut the imbilical cored and be your own person. Your like a scared child hiding behind your mom… Remember what goes around comes around, you will be hurt in relationship 10 times worse than what you did to kris. Stop and think about others rather than just yourself.

Natasha

Posted at 3:02 PM on June 26, 2012

I agree with you where her mom is concerned, Kim is a sweet person but it’s like she doesnt have a brain to think for herself! She needs to let go off of her moms decision for her and start making her own!!! Gosh!!!!

kshacool

Posted at 1:58 AM on November 7, 2011

she did get married for love

Carmen Vasquez

Posted at 5:09 PM on November 5, 2011

I believe Kim did got married for love, “Love for money, free diamonds, cake, gift and more publicity” to bad that we all were fool by a this women that sleeps with everyone that comes in her way including security guys. Will any men in his six sence ever ask her to be the wife they will trust and love.

Natasha

Posted at 3:05 PM on June 26, 2012

Do you have any profe of her ever sleeping with a lot of guys??? If so bring it forward, if not keep your omments to yourself!!!

Natasha

Posted at 3:06 PM on June 26, 2012

*Comments

GEGE

Posted at 11:50 PM on November 3, 2011

If Kim married for love then why did she give up on her marriage that fast. She should have gave it time. He seemed to really love her & also when your married you should put your husband first not your family she didn’t even want to take his last name & also didn’t want to relocated with her new husband what a waste of time I won’t b watching that show anymore & I was a number 1 fan

Natasha

Posted at 3:09 PM on June 26, 2012

I personally believe they DID NOT sit down and talk about those stuff or else it would not have been an issue on their Tv Show….

GeGE

Posted at 7:50 PM on November 3, 2011

If Kim married for love then why did she give up on him so fast!!!!! She needs to take marriage more serious & give his ring back to him tata for now

DeeBrowz81

Posted at 1:23 PM on November 3, 2011

Kim and Kourtney are fine as hell. With that aside, that whole family is full of sh**. Including kim and kourtney. The sh** that family does to stay in the spotlight is ridiculous. Sex tapes, dumb ass reality shows. A staged marriage. All the marriage to kris was, was more storyline for their show on E!. I never got why the hell that family was famous. Nobody has any talent, yet ppl act like they’re the jackson 5 family or something. And she’s apologizing, to her “fans”. This chick is vain. Who the hell lost sleep over kim getting a divorce? I wanna know, so I can tell you that you need a life. Only in america can you make a sex tape with a lame ass loser who’s only claim to fame is being the younger brother of a famous singer/Brandy, and build a million dollar empire off of it. America, we are idiots. Well i shouldn’t include myself because i never bought into the whole kardashian family bullsh**.

Hayden

Posted at 3:29 AM on November 3, 2011

I used to enjoy watching the Kardashians because of the drama in their family – scripted or not it was entertaining.
But now that I feel she staged the whole wedding, I won’t be watching anymore of her bullsh*t TV show. It’s like to waste THAT much money on a wedding that was doomed from the start, inviting guests and have so much sponsorship etc for a marriage that didn’t last a year is just low. Sorry Kim but you have lost all my respect for you. pretty sure at this moment you’re losing thousands of fans not because your marriage didn’t last, but because you didn’t even try!

Christine

Posted at 10:33 AM on November 2, 2011

YES,SHE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN IT THE CHANCE TO WORK.NO ONE IS PERFECT,EVEN KIM,MARRIAGE TAKES PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.YOU MAKE MARRIAGE WORK,LEFT ON IT’S OWN MARRIAGE DOES NOT WORK,YOU MAKE IT WORK.

Melissa

Posted at 9:31 AM on November 2, 2011

Oh please give me break Kim you and me both know you did not marry Kris for love. You know you married him just because you felt like you are getting old and you see everyone around you are married and have everything you want in a family. Kim you know you were focusing yourself to marry Kris and to kim you mess up your own marriage to oh lets how you sold your wedding pictures and the dumbest thing anyone could every do you sold your honeymoon pictures thats really nasty honey a honeymoon pictures are shared with close friends and family not the whole world. Love ya try to have a nice life. And to all the money you spent on a two month marriage could have feed half the world you selfish B

kim

Posted at 9:25 AM on November 2, 2011

the problem with this person is she does not know real from reality. Greed and fame is the driving force in this family. Her mother made this monster and should get 50% of the blame.

Ruben

Posted at 9:24 AM on November 2, 2011

my fr¡end’s half-s¡ster makes $68 an hour on the internet. She has been without a job for 10 mØnths but last month her paycheck was $7632 just work¡ng on the ¡nternet for a few hours. Read this site CashHard.cØm

aliz

Posted at 8:59 AM on November 2, 2011

i dont buy it! liarliar if it werent about the money return all of it and when she does then ill respect her but she is saying she is selling there gifts and donating money and plus why does she have ALL THE GIFTS????? HMMMMM

tracy

Posted at 7:49 AM on November 2, 2011

I can see that it is hard to stop something that takes on a life of it own, i to got married to soon to a man that i thought was a good thing . when i new it was time to back out i was already at the alter saying vows i new i could not keep. but today i am with the most amazing man in the world and have been with him for 20 years. so u can have the happy ending. and like they say when u least expected he or she will be there ….. ;D

Thais

Posted at 7:42 AM on November 2, 2011

The only person Kim loves is HERSELF!!! If there was TRUE LOVE it wouldn’t have been too soon, her sister’s ( Khloe e lamar ) marriage is an example of REAL LOVE….and the tied the knot in just 10 days!!!! Without all that lavish circus that was kim’s marriage

yari

Posted at 6:58 AM on November 2, 2011

the woman made a mistake and shes recognizing it infront of the whole world! you people act like kris was the nicest guy in the world also. he hesitated b4 even asking her to marry him. she got caught up cut the chick a little slack. why would she try to make it work if she knows thats not what she wants. she knows shes coming off as the bad guy but still decided to be honest. you people act like she killed somebody. her and her family arent afraid to live there lives openly and you guys act like thats a crime. love you no matter what kim dont let haters and losers bring you down, you made the right choice!

ALIZ

Posted at 9:03 AM on November 2, 2011

SHE HAS TO APOLOGIZE IF SHE LOSES HER FANS SHE LOSES HER EMPIRE.. ARE U OKAY WHO WROTE THIS OHH WAIT UR PROBABLY SOMEONE WHO FOLLOWS HER ON TWITTER AND THINKS SHE UR FRIEND AWWW SO SAD … TEAR REALLY BC OF PEOPLE LIKE U WE HAVE THIS GIRL ON THE FRONT OF OUR MAG COVERS EVERY WEEK GET A LIFE.. THE GIRL IS A GOLDDIGGER

jaycee

Posted at 1:32 PM on November 3, 2011

No, please don’t tell me you buy into that. Everybody knows that kim and her family are mediawhores. Everything they do is to keep them in the spotlight. Maybe after this, ppl can see the truth. This family will do anything to stay in the spotlight.

DoesMatter

Posted at 11:48 PM on November 1, 2011

HONEY how stupid does one have to be to have not realised that it wouldn’t workout between the two of you. Those comment she has made are as much a sham as her marriage was. You could have been blind, deaf and dumb and new where these two were headed. I feel that Kris or CHRIS will have a FAR better life than her’s. His will be real and like Nick Lachley ACTUALLY BE REAL! Hers on the other hand will be HER SELF, HER SHOW AND ATTENTION!!!!!
Like my mum always says” What you becomme is what you are and what you bring into a marriage is what you take out of it”. This marriage was NOTHING and WILL FOREVER MEAN NOTHING!!!!!

Me

Posted at 11:40 PM on November 1, 2011

Hey Kim, I understand the reason for the Poison Ivy costume. The truth is out…your POISON.

MaryGV

Posted at 10:06 PM on November 1, 2011

i who just love to you in 72 days? not even choose to work on the problems, but I seek out quick, with the divorce. For her and her family all about money, fame, live your public life without a minute of privacy golde, at least Kris is not going to have to spend every day of his life pretending for the cameras and ceasing to be a normal person like her. If you want his marriage work, at least Ubiera gone with him to Minnesota or any other site without cameras or anything.

justsaying

Posted at 9:50 PM on November 1, 2011

What we really need to know but never will is Did KIM shop for a TV reality show husband & why NBA will not comment & then lets think about MIles Austin of the Cowboys that was on a few shows last year & all of a sudden the show was done & so was MILES..

Kardashin got caught at her own game. now we heard KIM speak so lets see what Kris comes with.. he just might tell the whole story.

Debra ayres

Posted at 9:33 PM on November 1, 2011

Hard to believe this is anything but another contrived Kardashian move. If only she had put the commitment & effort into her relationship that she puts into her career.

Ashley

Posted at 9:31 PM on November 1, 2011

Why is she apologizing to us? She should be apologizing to Kris. I mean, 72 days! Did you really give it a chance to work?

fghjk

Posted at 8:25 PM on November 1, 2011

why should i believe this crap. kim has a choice whether she wants her life private… she could opt out of that nasty reality tv show and actually do something that is actually a real job. we all know that kim is a famehoe who doesn’t care about anything. shes just a whore a whore and a whore. i hate her i hate her… hollywoodlife should stop kissing famewhores ass

Natasha

Posted at 3:25 PM on June 26, 2012

Sweety, she doesnt even know you exist, so to hate her is only killing you, not her