Charice's Estranged Father Killed In The Philippines. Tragic News.

Tue, November 1, 2011 10:20am EDT by 17 Comments
Charice Father Killed

Charice says ‘I loved him and I will still love him.’ Our hearts go out to Charice and her family.

This is the saddest Charice news I’ve ever had to, but never hoped to, report.

Her estranged father, Ricky Pempengco, was stabbed to death Oct. 31 in San Pedro in the Philippines. Charice took to Twitter to announce she was canceling her performance at the upcoming David Foster And Friends concert. “I have to go back to the Philippines as soon as possible to be with my family,” she tweeted late that night. “I hope you all understand. I love you all and I will see you next year.”

According to the Associated Press, Ricky’s attacker was drunk and wielding an ice pick.

Though Charice’s mother left her father when she was still a little girl, Charice says she once had a “really great relationship” with him. “I loved him and I will still love him,” she wrote in a message to fans. “He’s still my dad after all.”

Poor Charice. Our thoughts are with her during this difficult time, and we have no doubt she’ll find the strength to pull through.

— Andy Swift

Gee

Posted at 10:13 PM on November 2, 2011

My Condolence to you and your family. Be strong always! We love you!

melay

Posted at 7:09 AM on November 2, 2011

condolence cha..we pray for u and ur family..

TeamCharice

Posted at 12:27 AM on November 2, 2011

We love you Charice. You and your family are in my prayers.

tintin

Posted at 10:29 PM on November 1, 2011

=(

neild38

Posted at 10:02 PM on November 1, 2011

Extending our deepest sympathy to you and your family for the sad loss of your father. May his soul rest in peace eternally. God bless.

cancon

Posted at 7:44 PM on November 1, 2011

our deepest sympathy, Charice & to the entire family…May the good Lord bless & keep you always..be strong…we support you.

bingz

Posted at 4:07 PM on November 1, 2011

Very sad news about Charice.
Charice, my deepest condolences and sympathy to you and your entire family. May your father’s soul rest in peace.
Be strong for every trials in our life…God bless you always.
To Andy Swift and all the Staff of Hollywood Life, Thank you ALL for all the updated news about Charice not only the success of her music career but also saddest time of her life.
Once again, thank you all.

feel better

Posted at 3:59 PM on November 1, 2011

this is sad, my condolence to charice and her family.
what is worst is people on internet saying mean things about this murder, that charice don’t care because she didn’t speak with her father, or sending mean twitter mensage to lea michele and jenna ushkowitz for supporting charice.

anromable

Posted at 3:53 PM on November 1, 2011

My condolences to Charice and her family. I know u are a strong woman and u can overcome it. Be strong and have faith in God

thor

Posted at 3:32 PM on November 1, 2011

Cha, our heartfelt condolences are with you and your family. May your father’s soul rest in eternal peace.

sogirlyshelby99

condolence charice :(

cris

Posted at 10:31 AM on November 1, 2011

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww.. that’s very sad :(

inkheart

Posted at 10:30 AM on November 1, 2011

Chasters all over the world are supporting you, Cha, with our love and prayers!

carlo

Posted at 10:28 AM on November 1, 2011

Condelence Charice!!..We love you so much!!..God Bless you and your family!!..