'Teen Mom 2' Star Jenelle Evans Getting Custody Of Jace Back!

Mon, October 31, 2011 2:57pm EST by 13 Comments
Jenelle Evans

Find out how Jenelle is trying to prove that she will be a good mom to Jace this time around — and when he will be living with her again!

Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle Evans has made a major decision to get custody back of her 2-year-old son Jace — and she will be getting him back quite soon!

“my mom has temporary custody,” Jenelle tweeted on Oct. 28. “I’m getting jace back next month so yes he is my son”

Jace has been living with Jenelle’s own mother Barbara Evans who has temporary custody over him — but Jenelle has been making a major effort to prove herself a good mother.

She’s been voluntarily taking parenting classes and staying away from drugs! “Parenting classes then PO meeting,” Jenelle wrote on her Facebook fan page on Oct. 31. “Passing another drug test once again!!!”

BFFs — do you think Jenelle is ready to get Jace back?

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Jenelle Stories:

1. No Drugs Or Alcohol Involved In Jenelle’s Car Crash!
  2. Jenelle Hospitalized After Car Crash!
  3. Jenelle’s Racy Halloween Costume!

Sierra

Posted at 4:28 PM on June 12, 2012

yes give her her son back she is really trying you cant go by wht you see on t.v because mtv shows what they wont so they can get the publicity

Tiffany

Posted at 10:53 AM on February 6, 2012

I hope that she does well.
Plus, none of us really know what’s going on or the real story.
Jenelle, is such a smart, beautiful young lady, so it’s nice to see her pick of the pieces of her life and start fixing it. :)

Stephanie

Posted at 12:05 PM on January 27, 2012

Jenelle doen not deserve to have her kid!!! She is a mental disaster!!!! OMG leave the boy with his grandma!!!

Karen

Posted at 8:01 PM on January 8, 2012

I don’t think that Jenelle or her mother, Barbara, are particularly suitable parents. The truth is that this is a TV show, and a lot of the scenes are probably staged. It also means that only certain things are shown – not the big picture. Jenelle’s mother never really gives her a chance to be involved in Jace’s life; no matter what she does or how hard she tries, her mother still criticizes her. I’m not saying that Jenelle is a good mother or that she should have full custody of Jace, but her mom’s custody is temporary. She should at least be allowed an overnight trip with him or something before full custody is granted.

I think people should also remember that Barbara raised Jenelle. Why would she be any better raising Jace?

danielle

Posted at 11:20 PM on December 6, 2011

It’s true she never got the chance to be a mom. She was allowed to go out and party whatever whenever. I mean come on? Half of the people that are judging this situation have no idea truley what the situationis or that it feels like to be a teen mom. You don’t even know.how.to deal with yourself as a teen. College and what your going to wear are usually amo.ng the biggest choices at that age . Becoming a mom is a huge event in anyone’s life no matter what age. It’s a learning process that she is just now figuring out. This show only shows the hype its all edited down to hours when in reality they are filming for months. Imagine just growing up its so hard then add a baby , and throw in america watching your every move. No matter what anyone says its obvious she cares, or she wouldn’t syick around. If she is taking all the steps to be haves mom then that’s exactley what he needs. A child need their mother. I had a child at 17 I didn’t follow her path, but I do understand her struggle. Facing reality of the fact that childhood is over in a flash and motherhood begins. It’s not easy to deal with no matter how strong you appear. It just takes some more time than others to grow from who they were to who they need to be.

Ash

Posted at 6:14 PM on December 15, 2011

The thing is, they can’t edit stuff into the show that didn’t happen. And we’ve seen Jenelle fly off the handle, get drugged up, meet her nasty unemployed boyfriend at the park with her and her “son” (really, it’s Barbara’s son). That stuff is unacceptable. I’m not a teen parent or a parent at all, so I won’t pretend to know how hard it is to be one but I at least know you shouldn’t neglect your child to be a “teen” (get high, get drunk, get laid). A mistake here and there, understandable, but Jenelle is beyond that. She forfeited the right to act like a teenager when she decided to keep Jace. Period. I think the only reason she ‘sticks around’ is for free food, showers, internet and rent. Jenelle only goes back home when she realizes she can’t make it on her own for all that long. It’s like she looks at Jace as her puppy. It’s sickening. I hope she can get her life together but it seems way too premature to regain custody of Jace. Poor boy.

bubbles

Posted at 12:36 PM on November 1, 2011

I’ll believe it when I see it. If her mom wouldn’t let her take the baby out trick or treating why would she give custody back? Sure she has done it right….for a few months. She is still on probation and there are still plenty of chances for her to mess that up. If I was her mother I would say, finish your probation successfully hold up a job and college and I will give you custody back no problem. History repeats itself and history shows that you might screw this up if a loser boyfriend comes along. Shows me that it is all truly behind you with no more probation and then you have proven yourself. But as of right now, your still at risk during this probation.

Kellie

Posted at 2:07 PM on December 2, 2011

I totally agree with you except for one thing…if and when Barbara lets Janelle take Jace it should be on a trial basis until she can prove herself. Start off with letting Jace go on overnight visits and then weeekend visits and so on. No way would I let Jace just go with her unless she proves she is completely and totally ready to take care of Jace and not worry about boys and partying.

Black Beauty

Posted at 11:33 AM on November 1, 2011

I think she should have her child back, she was not given a chance to be a good mother. Her mother stepped in and took control over the situation. Maybe if her mother would have made her stand on her own two feet from the beginning she would have learned how to be a responsible adult and mother. She behaved like the classical teenage mother who knew she had someone to fall back on her mother. Not for nothing her mother is a control freak and she does not have all her marbles either.

kellie

Posted at 2:01 PM on December 2, 2011

Are you really that naive? Janelle’s mother had no choice BUT to take custody of Jace. Janelle was only concerned about getting high and getting laid. I don’t see Janelle regaining custody until she can prove she can put Jace first and stop being self centered and selfish. She will have to stop using drugs and stop chasing the bad boys. I don’t blame Barbara one little bit for taking Jace, she was only looking out for his well being.

Undecided

Posted at 3:59 PM on October 31, 2011

I am happy for her but I think it is a little premature. She is doing a good job at trying to get her life back together but something like that doesnt happen overnight. I just hope she knows what she is getting herself into and realizes that she may not get another chance if she messes up. I hope she really is ready…

Ann