Nail Polish Just For Men — Is It A Do Or A Don't?

Mon, October 31, 2011 11:14am EDT by 5 Comments

EvolutionMan created a range of polishes just for men. Is it filling a need in the industry or should guys just wear regular nail polish if they want to get a mani?

Kris Humphries is a huge fan of manicure/pedicures, constantly being spotted at a salon. He can’t be the only guy that likes a little pampering, but we’re guessing he doesn’t normally follow the treatment with color. Do you think a range of nail polish just for men will make guys more likely to try a polish shade next time?

The line includes three colors: Alter Ego (metallic purple), Pavement (gray) and Stand Out (metallic silver) as well as two topcoats named Pure Matte and Pure Bling.

Allure asked EvolutionMan founder Marco Berardini to give  a little background on the line.

“In the past, the most popular colors for men have been black, blue, and white,” Marco says. “Much like new car finishes on the market right now, I wanted metallic colors that were a modern interpretation of old favorites.”

I have to say that I’m intrigued! I certainly don’t see anything wrong with a guy wearing polish if he wants to, but can also see how a guy might feel shy about just grabbing any old shade off the shelf. Do you think a man might be more likely to try colored polish if he knew the product was specifically designed for men?

Eden Univer

Todd

Posted at 4:34 AM on February 6, 2012

I have been wearing polish on my toes for 7 months and I like it, makes my feet look better and my tan stand out more. Grays,Blues,Tans,Blonde
On my hands matte clear or tinted clear,gray,blue. Only good comments so far,women must like it as I have been hit on multiple times and thats how “they” started the conversation by asking me what color I was wearing on my toes, while wearing flip flops.. Go for guys what have you got to loose it’s just paint..

Steve

Posted at 9:04 PM on December 3, 2011

Well why not? This of us guys who have been rocking’ polish for years are finally “in”! Seriously, it’s just paint and if a guy likes his nails with a little color and pizzaz, then why shouldn’t he indulge?
BB Couture and Man Glaze have been offering men’s colors of nail polish for close to three years now. It’s about time it was recognized as a legit style for men.
Try in on your toes too, guys!

Jake

Posted at 12:14 AM on November 28, 2011

I have been wearing my toenails painted for close to five years now, mostly blue, green and gray. What’s the fuss about, it’s just something that cool guys already knew about.

jack

Posted at 12:22 PM on November 16, 2011

I don’t understand something. Is it bad for men to wear nail polish?I’m one of the men who wears nail polish especially black and blue.My opinion is that there isn’t any thing wrong with men nail polish.

RLH

Posted at 1:27 PM on November 1, 2011

I love the feeling of a Manicure and Pedicure. Plus the feeling of polish. I have been wearing polish on my fingernails for a long time and no one has said anything about it. Whats wrong with a guy wanting to look good?
I have worn different colors of polish for the last 5 years.
I don’t care what others think. It is my life.
Life is to short to worry what others think.
Women don’t ask what others think, why should Men ask what others think?
It’s not like a tattoo, If you change your mind about what color you want, Just change it.