'Project Runway' Winner: It's Anya! Finale Recap!

Fri, October 28, 2011 9:17am EST by 8 Comments
project runway winner

The final competition brought the final four to Fashion Week — but there could only be one winner!

All season on Project Runway we’ve been watching as Anya pulls it all together in the eleventh hour — and that’s exactly what happened on last night’s show when the Project Runway winner was revealed. Despite her poor showing last week, one last trip to Mood seems to save the day — and Josh of course, is far from pleased.

While the judges were let down with what they saw last week, Tim Gunn comes in to build up the designers while obviously lying to them and telling them their collections were perfect — I kind of think Josh actually believes him, too.

Finally the day comes and the designers march into Lincoln Center linked arm-in-arm. Having taken in the finale show firsthand during Fashion Week, I wasn’t surprised that Kimberly was the first one eliminated — although I was shocked Viktor was the second to go!

I don’t know if Josh gets extra points for his dramatic behavior and pronounced eyebrows, because his collection definitely wasn’t better than Viktor’s. At first I was nervous he was going to take it all from Anya, however, in the end it was her beach chic collection that prevailed!

Sure, the majority of her looks had plunging necklines and open backs, but her collection was comprehensive and full of pretty patterns — I especially liked her swimsuit.

What do you think? Are you surprised Anya once again pulled it off or do you think the win should have gone to someone else?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

More Style News!

1. Break Out Your Booties, Just Like Megan Fox & Lea Michele!
  2. Who wore Giorgio Armani Better?!
  3. Furla’s Cruise 2012 Collection: Get Your First Look Here!

tishag

Posted at 9:56 PM on October 28, 2011

I love it that Anya won! I have to admit that if I were a judge on Project Runway, it would be a TOUGH decision. They were all great! I do have to say that my fav Project Runway winner is Leanne Marshall and did you know that she’s a FIDM grad? Pretty cool!

Amanda

Posted at 4:08 PM on October 28, 2011

Here’s an idea… Put spoilers like this behind a cut for those of us that haven’t watched yet?!! For people who DVR or people in Canada where the show is a few weeks behind. It would be one thing if it wasn’t behind a cute but don’t put the winner in big bold font right in the title! You clearly have NO respect for your readers. Thank you for ruining the end for me.

Samantha

Posted at 1:37 PM on October 28, 2011

Very happy than Anya won!! well deserved. i LOVED her collection.

lavon gillard

Posted at 10:59 AM on October 28, 2011

congrats to the project winner Anya. I came from Trinidad with plans to do what you did. However, i ended up working in the operating room in one of the local hospital in Queens i am still holding on to needles and threads,tape measure, scissors etc. I often feel like i should be in the fashion industry or maybe having my own clothing store. Anya i just want to say how much i am proud of you. you came to the USA and did what i always dream of doing. Good luck and may all your dreams come through. I will definitelly support your product. keep on doing your thing.

juliet

Posted at 10:32 AM on October 28, 2011

she rock she just making her country proud you go girl!!love yuh

juliet

Posted at 10:33 AM on October 28, 2011

im so glad it wasnt josh because he is ah back stabber he didnt deserve it!!lol

Trini

Posted at 10:08 AM on October 28, 2011

CONGRATZ to Anya!!!! She diffinately deserved it!! We all here at her home land is VERY VERY HAPPY!!! Anya made all trinidadians proud!!! All the best to her!!!

need a job

Posted at 9:37 AM on October 28, 2011

I’m just glad it wasn’t Josh. He’s too overly dramatic and flamboyant for my taste, in his attitude and designs. Talk about a #1 DIVA!!