Which 'Gossip Girl' Couple Does Kelly Rutherford Want Back Together?

Fri, October 28, 2011 11:10am EDT by 45 Comments
Kelly Rutherford Gossip Girl Couple

HollywoodLife.com caught up with Kelly to discuss which couple she thinks should get back together!

Gossip Girl star Kelly Rutherford attended FURLA’s Exclusive Handbag Collection for Saks Fifth Avenue on Oct. 26 and sat down exclusively with HollywoodLife.com to discuss the latest season, the potential end of the series, and which couple she wishes would reunite.

Kelly opened up about the shocking moment on the October 24 episode when Serena (Blake Lively) told Dan (Penn Badgley), “You’re the love of my life.” Kelly said, “There’s a lot of twists… I’m always amazed at how they do it and tell the story, it keeps us in suspense and yet it makes a lot of sense. There’s a realness to it.”

When asked who she thinks Blair belongs with, Kelly admitted, “I like Blair and Chuck together a lot… other than that, I don’t know. The way they’ve written the script is so interesting. It’s a hard decision. I think sometimes it’s that way in life when you meet someone and you’re trying to make it work and things happen yet you sort of know you’re meant to be together so I don’t know.”

As Gossip Girl is contracted until season 6 (next season!), Kelly discusses what she thinks for the future of the show. “I think the good news is they keep writing a really good show. We’ve been fortunate as actors to have that happen so I think everyone has really kept interest in it. I can say personally it’s still really so much fun to go to work so I do hope they continue it.”

Which couple do you think should reunite HollywoodLifers? Are you hoping for a Chair, Dair or another reunion?

Written by Lauren Kalma, Reporting by Katrina Mitzeliotis

Jade

Posted at 10:56 AM on January 25, 2012

CHAIR <3 CHAIR <3 CHAIR <3 I love them. They´re interesting, the chemistry is incredible and it´s cute when they rescue each other. Leighton and Ed are amazing actors, Kelly too. Thanks for this show.

jessie

Posted at 4:55 AM on January 20, 2012

CHAIR! i’m sorry but Dan needs to go else where and write another awful book and be all lovely with some girl more like him, possibly Serena!!!! if CHAIR do not happen i will never watch Gossip Girl again! Chuck and Blair and MENT TO BE TOGETHER! END OF STORY:)

Ella

Posted at 1:53 AM on December 25, 2011

I’m sorry, but Dair just doesn’t do it for me. They don’t LOOK right together. And Dan is REALLY annoying. Plus he’s not as attractive as Chuck is. I LOVE Chuck. I think he and Blair have the best relationship and the fact that they are both changing is fantastic! I think they have the ability to calm each other down and have a beautiful relationship. They just FIT. Dan is so boring to me and for some reason I still see him with Serena. As odd as it may seem. Chuck and Blair is it for me. It just works. Dan is more like a best friend. That’s what their chemistry reminds me of. Not lovers who would be together forever.

S

Posted at 4:36 PM on November 18, 2011

Dan and blair kissed once and it was ugly! CHAIR ALWAYS AND FOREVER <3

J

Posted at 12:21 PM on October 31, 2011

CHUCK&BLAIR FTW!!! No doubt about it!

Valentina

Posted at 5:19 AM on October 30, 2011

Chuck and Blair (no duh. anyone that thinks they aren’t the whole show is delusional)
Nate and Serena
Dan and Vanessa or Dan plus outter Siberia

Kelly ROCKS

Cali

Posted at 5:14 AM on October 30, 2011

Kelly is awesome, talented and has great taste. Of course it’s Chuck and Blair FTW. They DEFINE Gossip Girl. The show needs to get back to them NOW.

Jenna

Posted at 2:33 AM on October 30, 2011

Dan and Blair. Hands down.

malie

Posted at 1:51 AM on October 30, 2011

Chuck+Blair=Hot

L.E.

Posted at 12:03 AM on October 29, 2011

Chuck&Blair/Blair&Chuck=PERFECT together in every way!! True Soulmates & Lovers 4 LIFE…CHAIR is DESTINY!!!

lea

Posted at 1:58 PM on October 29, 2011

I read: Bli bla blu/blu bla bla= blob vudugxufecxkKXXFX!!
There is no destiny.

LH

Posted at 11:55 PM on October 28, 2011

I’m ALL about the Chuck-Blair LOVE too, Kelly!!! You have EXCELLENT taste!!! CB 4 LIFE–Bank on it!!!

Mary

Posted at 11:47 PM on October 28, 2011

CHAIR is KISMET!!! Kelly is VERY wise.

Leigh

Posted at 11:40 PM on October 28, 2011

CB are endgame & everyone knows it! It’s SO going to be Chuck&Blair 4 LIFE!!!

David

Posted at 11:37 PM on October 28, 2011

CHUCK & BLAIR ALL THE WAY!!! Kelly knows it…We ALL know it!!! CB=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!!

DairtoDair

Posted at 11:30 PM on October 28, 2011

Sorry, Kelly. It needs to be Dair!

She was wrong about a lot of things. Like good writing, for one. Lol.

Elisha

Posted at 8:26 PM on October 28, 2011

I love Kelly Rutherford and she has flawless taste when it comes to couples!

Tracy Lynn

Posted at 5:39 PM on October 28, 2011

Love you Kelly and yes CHAIR FOREVER! Woo hoo!

puffs