Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos Admit They Have A Favorite Child!

Tue, October 25, 2011 3:26pm EDT by 7 Comments

Kelly and Mark told Rachael Ray they have a favorite child — and all of their kids know it! They were joking, but is that cool to say?

Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos’s appearance on The Rachael Ray Show won’t air until Oct. 26, but a segment from the show revealed the couple’s surprising opinion about their children! When Rachael asked if they had a favorite kid, the parents immediately said “Yes!”

“And guess what!?” Kelly added. “You guys all have favorite kids, too! You may not admit it out loud; you may say ‘I love all my kids the same,’ but you know in the event of an emergency, there’s one kid you’d reach for first.”

Mark agreed with Kelly and added that the other kids are aware of their favoritism! “He knows it, too, and the other kids know it as well,” he explained. “It’s very accepted. He’s just nicer to us! That’s what we say: He’s just nicer to us.”

So which of their three children — Michael, Joaquin and Lola — is their favorite?

“Well, we don’t really admit it,” Kelly said. “But it is Joaquin!”

Mark and Kelly were kidding, but should parents even admit they have a favorite? What do YOU think HollyMoms?

More on the Consuelos family!

1. Happy Birthday, Joaquin Consuelos! You’re 8 Today, February 24!
  2. Kelly Ripa Says She’s Done Having Children — Three Kids Is Enough!
  3. Check Out Hollywood’s 12 Most Stylish Celebrity Moms! Vote For Your Favorite!

Tee

Posted at 5:53 AM on October 28, 2011

My mom’s fave was my little bro. I wasn’t surprised because he was the last born and the sweetest. We all complained when we didn’t get favours but we accepted it. It’s natural so they are being totally honest.

yeah

Posted at 9:33 PM on October 25, 2011

My dad always would tell me my sister was his favorite and her that I was his favorite, why? Because he was a good dad and didn’t want either to feel inadequate. It was his way of saying, “who the eff cares if I have a favorite you’ll never know”

Jenny Newman

Posted at 4:51 PM on October 25, 2011

Parents pick the child to favor and turned him into an a_kisser (Defined as: a person who sucks up to people in a position of authority in order to get some kind of reward or perks). These parents then blame the other kids that it is their behavior that keeps them in the second tier. Consequently, these children will rebel and behave worse in defiance of a dysfunctional family system. It is a way of controlling children. The parents are not competent enough to train and teach all their children, so they pick one, particularly if they are busy and do not have enough time to parent all of their kids at a high standard.

The “favorite” will forever attempt to be perfect to all around and become hyper judgmental of other people around them for not doing exactly what they tell them. Not the happiest life and lose a lot of friends and family members over their lifetime.

I don’t care either way; most parents are sub-standard, these 2 are probably not the worst.

Carla

Posted at 4:33 PM on October 25, 2011

I have 3 other siblings and my mom has a favorite with her kids and with her grankids. She only has my sister 2 kids over to spend the night goes to there school and not the other kids. She talks about the other grankids but never says anything bad about those kids. I don’t think its right because you should want all the kids to have a healthy self-esteem and to me thats not showing them that. Then when they have there kids and they show favortism and negelect the others then what. I dont think its right treat them all the same then when those kids dont have any respect for you what?

Melody

Posted at 4:19 PM on October 25, 2011

What’s the big deal? I know my parents love me, but I also know that my brother is their favorite. It’s fine. I suppose if they treated me horribly compared to my brother that would be an issue but that is not the case. They treat us all (there are 4 of us total) very well. We are all loved, but my brother ranks just a smidgen above the rest of us. We all know and we don’t care. It’s funny.

Amy

Posted at 4:15 PM on October 25, 2011

Yes! Good for them. I appreciate their honesty and i agree 100%. All parents really do have a favorite. And all kids pretty much know if it’s them or not. Why pretend.

gbtw

Posted at 4:02 PM on October 25, 2011

probably not a very good joke for the kids to overhear… but, whatever. seems like they have a nice healthy family, so i won’t nit-pick.