Kate Gosselin Only Washes Her Kids' Bedsheets Every Two Weeks — Yuck!

Tue, October 25, 2011 6:30pm EST by 53 Comments
Kate Gosselin

The mom-of-eight took to her blog to give her mommy fans advice on laundry but she revealed she doesn’t wash her eight kiddies’ sheets each week — does this seem icky to you?

Kate Gosselin has a lot of advice to give but do you agree with all of it? The mom-of-eight broke down her regimented laundry routine on her Kate Plus 8 blog and revealed she washes all of her kiddies clothes in cold and separates into individual laundry bins so that he laundry doesn’t become “her boss.”

But this one piece of the blog had us a bit surprised: “I wash bedsheets every other week, but blankets are only washed at the end of each season… That is unless sickness hits them first and typically that happens at least once or maybe twice a year! :)”

We can understand not washing duvets and comforters until the end of the season but sheets once every two weeks? We realize the mom-of-eight is busy but couldn’t she afford a housekeeper? Although she’s strapped for cash and is doing her best to keep things simple now that she’s unemployed — don’t you think this is a little lazy on her end?

Tell us what YOU think!

— Elizabeth Murphy

More On Kate Gosselin!

1. Kate Gosselin To Be A Nurse Again!
  2. Kate Gosselin To Star In Her Own Food Talk Show?
  3. Happy 11th Birthday Mady & Cara Gosselin: You’ve Had A Big Year!

niki

Posted at 4:53 AM on October 27, 2011

i don’t think sleeping on sheets washed every other week is going to kill anyone. do you ppl have anything more important to quack about? it’s possible the kids bath everynight and since they are potty trained why would their sheets be in deplorable condition?
just thinking what would your asses do if you found yourselves homeless? omg not you boo hoo hoo. lol

Khate

Posted at 11:44 AM on October 27, 2011

Oh Niki, you must be a Kate supporter (the #1 fan, he, he, he). Please show us your face so you can be held accountable for supporting such a dysfunctional, mean spirited and horrible mother.

I could care less about Kate Gosselin washing the sheets. But she is one abusive, self-centered mother that needs to be held accountable.

motakatefan

Posted at 2:40 PM on November 13, 2011

@Khate: Completely agree with the abusive, self-centered mother comment. How long will it take before CPS steps in and rescues those sweet children from this monster of a mother. She is despicable.

Barb

Posted at 11:36 PM on October 26, 2011

If Kate thinks that doing laundry for eight kids is too much, she shouldn’t have had that many kids.

Debra

Posted at 6:51 PM on October 26, 2011

It’s a fact of life that if you don’t sleep on clean, fresh sheets you will stink. I not only launder my sheets weekly, I air out my pillows, mattress cover and featherbed.
I think she’s teaching her kids bad habits. I’m sure they are old enough to help with the laundry or even be doing their own.

Ahum.

Posted at 6:01 PM on October 26, 2011

Come on people, do the math here.
8 kids + an adult = about 18 sheets each week.
+ 10 pillowcases.
Would YOU want to wash AND iron that every week?

Plus if you add that up to all the clothes her kids wear on a weekly basis (8 outfits times 7 – let’s not count the times where kids make the occasional mess & need a wardrobe change; + their pj’s) + her own outfits, I’d say you guys wouldn’t even want to think about doing laundry & ironing.

notakatefan

Posted at 2:34 PM on November 13, 2011

Kate has TWO sets of oversize washers amd dryers. She could do the sheets in less time than most people. And,she has a full-time housekeeper. There’s no excuse for not doing laundry more frequently. But, I wonder which of her stories is true. On Twitter, she posted that she does several loads of wash each day. So we can’t believe what she says…constantly lies.

Alli

Posted at 4:55 PM on October 26, 2011

what is WRONG with you people? normal people wash their sheets every week and a half to two weeks; some wash them even less often if they shower before they sleep. it’s completely normal to only was sheets every other week, and accusing kate of being a bad mom for not washing sheets weekly is laughable. she may not be the best mom, but her parenting skills have nothing to do with her sheet-washing schedule.

Liz

Posted at 4:30 PM on October 26, 2011

Lynn – Their father was the day to day parent while Kate was out living it up with her “bodyguard” and staying in 5 star hotels while selling books telling everyone what a perfect mommy she was.

Personally I think there’s nothing wrong with washing sheets every 2 weeks. Their PJs are clean and they don’t have oily skin like teens.

Mari

Posted at 4:29 PM on October 26, 2011

Lynn, I completely DISAGREE with your comments. The children do not look healthy and loved and Kate Gosselin is a truly bad parent.

The Gosselin children are suffering big time. The children are documented to be held back in school; have behavior issues (hitting teachers!); never look happy and always look sad, beaten down, and confused; Kate Gosselin has documented mental health issues that interfere with her ability to properly care for her children without exploiting them (bribes the kids to do what she wants — the occasional smile for the cameras). Oh so sad.

So who really cares how often and when she washes the sheets for the kids. The sheet washing should take a back burner to the parental exploitation.

marge rich

Posted at 12:20 PM on November 29, 2011

when were you privileged to observe what a bad mother kate is? and where could i find the DOCUMENTED mental health issues of kates? i follow kate almost as closely as you do (amazing how you seem to quote on every mention of kate in the media!) opinion is one thing-documented evidence is another. by the way i don’t consider media doctors ie lillian glass, polly/nosey neighbor and dozens more of their ilk. at least a documented anything should be done only if the documentor has met and conversed with the subject.

Anna

Posted at 1:54 PM on October 26, 2011

My momma, grandma (both of them) great grandma’s and aunts would role over in their graves and come back to haunt me if I only washed bed cloths every other week! I’m sorry, I don’t care how many children or people are in the house, you have enough bed linens to change out weekly.

lynn

Posted at 1:51 PM on October 26, 2011

Such a nonstory. What-should they be washed every day, every two days? It’s her business. She was a neat,organic food freak. I don’t think her kids are suffering in anyway. Lets start writing what the dad does. He’s not really around much. Would love to see him be day to day parent. Those kids look healthy/loved to me. Let’s write about truly bad parents out there.

P.J.

Posted at 4:41 PM on October 26, 2011

“Let’s write about truly bad parents out there.”
Um, she just did. You just read it.
Oh and that’s a really good rebuttle, try to deflect the focus to Jon. Nice try, though.

me

Posted at 5:50 PM on October 26, 2011

he has them 3 weekends a month now, and when ever her royal highness(in her mind) allows him too. remember he is working a “mediocre” job now, unlike her, the wretch

Shame

Posted at 1:33 PM on October 26, 2011

@Sarah: I agree with you 100% Not only is she selfish, self-absorbed but a liar too.

Booka

Posted at 10:58 AM on October 26, 2011

This is just silly. Once every two weeks is fine. That’s why people have so many allergies these days. They’re not exposed to enough germs to build up their immune systems. M

Kathy

Posted at 8:09 AM on October 26, 2011

Are you serious with this article? Is this all there’s left to talk about regarding Kate Gosselin. Please lord…this has got to end! Who gives a sh@t about her laundry! Her kids can sleep in dog poop for all I care!

kate fuller

Posted at 2:39 AM on October 26, 2011

If your children take a bath or shower each night, they try off with a towel (the towel does not get dirty for 5 to 7 days due to re trying after being wet, not dirty, they have been in a shower.

Then the kids get into bed, sleep in a small space, why would you wash them every week?

We do entirely too much washing of clothes, too much detergents, too much water usuage, too hard on the clothing threads.

We clean and clean in the USA. I have traveled oversease for years. People overseas do not even showever everyday. They think we have a clean obsession and we do. Chemicals, chemicals and more chemicals.

Nothing wrong with shaking out bed covers, allowing the sheet to air out during the day and placing the covers/blankets over the children when they go to bed.

Makes sense. No need to throw every towel used into a washer every day no change those sheets every week.

Save some money, keep the chemicals away from the kids.

I don’t think Kate is a dirty women but she does realize how often we overwash, overdry our clothing.

Renee

Posted at 5:50 AM on October 26, 2011

Who cares about Kate and laundry. She is a nutty and self-absorbed, untalented, lying, abusive mother. Her website is a joke. And I think Kate should meet her fans, she would run out of town quick and take down her plagerizing and hysterical website with dumb information.

Sarah

Posted at 12:01 AM on October 26, 2011

Another slow news day Bonnie? Kate who??
Kate said she has a laundry girl, Kate tweets during laundry.
Did you know Kate is frantically searching box and
can food labels for recipes while girl does laundry.
Kate is taning and having her nails done, while girl
does laundry.
Kate is driving in her 2 seater audi speeding to NY to
have her hair processed into a bale of hay, while the
girl does laundry.
Kate is sending e-mails to her adoring fans and trying
to keep her site alive(LMAO) while the girl does laundry.
Kate is giving laundry instructions to her duffus fans.
While her girl does her laundry. WoW I did not realize
that laundry was a process. My instinct was to put whites and darks in seperate loads add soap press on button…
when done take out washed items & place in dryer..press on button..when done take clothes out of dryer…fold…put away..I was doing it all wrong all these years..who knew??
I am so ashamed!!!!!

Andiiexx

Posted at 11:09 PM on October 25, 2011

Really? Two weeks and you’re saying yuck?? I am an adult, I have never been sick from anything bed related I do mine once a month.. It’s better for your skin, all the chemicals in washer isn’t good for skin allergies. Give her a freggin break!

Sandi

Posted at 5:46 AM on October 26, 2011

Yea, give the dead beat mom, Kate the abusive mother of 8, a break regarding laundry habits, but hold her accountable for constant exploitation of her children for MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

Woooooooow.

Posted at 9:25 PM on October 25, 2011

Hollybaby, you are absolutely appalling, how can you justify this post? Slow news day? Ignorance? Superiority issues? Whomever wrote this and published it should be fired. RUDE

Marianne

Posted at 5:52 AM on October 26, 2011

The article is not rude, it is just silly. RUDE IS THE LYING KATE GOSSELIN.

shame

Posted at 9:24 PM on October 25, 2011

What I find disturbing and I know this is off topic is that she had Thanksgiving family photos without Jon, the father of her children. I wonder how that makes the kids feel. Should she not get over her vendictivness towards her husband and for the sake of the children include him in family photos. Would it kill her to actually do something for her children instead of herself. She is beyond disgusting and that has nothing to do with how clean her sheets are.

Stef

Posted at 11:19 PM on October 25, 2011

I would actually find that wierd.

after my parents divorced we NEVER did photos with my dad.

my dad did his own.

not a fan of kate.. but

Posted at 9:20 PM on October 25, 2011

I think it should also be said in the article that these kids go to their father’s house too! They are probably not sleeping in those beds 7 days a week so what is the big deal?

BA

Posted at 8:54 PM on October 25, 2011

I can’t believe that this has actually has been given enough attention to write an article about it….Who cares if she doesn’t wash the kids sheets every week. I’m a busy mum of 2 little ones and I can only get to them every fortnight myself,I don’t know how I’d do it with 8 kids!
Give her a break and STOP judging!!

Mari

Posted at 5:44 AM on October 26, 2011

BA, if you had 8 kids that you put on reality TV since birth and had made millions of dollars by doing so, you would have the staff wash the sheets. You know, like her pool help, the nannies, etc. No comparison between real moms and the exploitative Kate Gosselin and anyone who believes she is a “normal” mother is sadly mistaken. Get a life!

Sarah

Posted at 8:52 PM on October 25, 2011

And that is not her current laundry room, that is the laundry room from their old house.

Jodi

Posted at 5:57 AM on October 26, 2011

Geez, who cares about Kate Gosselin’s laundry room. Wherever the laundry room is, she grifted the washing and drying machines and has staff do the laundry.

What fools to believe Kate Gosselin is just a normal mom, boo hoo, poor Kate, now Kate Gosselin fans (if there are really any fans out there) keep sending your best wishes and money to KG. You are supporting a lying and abusive mother.

Molly

Posted at 8:52 PM on October 25, 2011

I wash my sheets every month and my duvet every 3 months. Its not that big of a deal if you go to bed clean, which most little kids get baths and showers at night.

Alli

Posted at 7:35 PM on October 25, 2011

I have plenty of time every week that I COULD wash my sheets.. but I don’t. Washing sheets every other week is what I’ve always done (unless I’m sick). Any more than that is a waste of detergent and water.. and it’s unnecessary. You’re being ridiculous, finicky, and judgmental for calling her lazy for washing her kids’ sheets a NORMAL amount.

Vicky

Posted at 8:46 AM on October 26, 2011

Ditto

gbtw

Posted at 7:19 PM on October 25, 2011

wow. are you serious? i’m sure those kids are freshly bathed every night before bedtime- and washing those sheets every other week is plenty.

Jaime

Posted at 5:40 AM on October 26, 2011

Even if the kids have a bath every night, the kids are still emotionally messed up thanks to their mother. I would say that if Kate spends more quality time with her kids and washes the sheets less that would be a good thing.

But, I am sure she spends minimal time with her children, based on their acting out behaviors, and continues to TWIT, TWIT, her life away. Go away Kate.

Sue b

Posted at 7:11 PM on October 25, 2011

Her kids are in school full time and she is a stay at home…she can wash the sheets every week! She has 2 large front loader washing machines and 2 large dryers…it’s not that time consuming to throw them in the washer and then the dryer!!

oh dear

Posted at 6:50 PM on October 25, 2011

unless youve been a mother to that many children you cant really judge. im pretty sure she has more important things to do considering how much time she has to devide between them.. than to wash sheets every week. come on, its not like they have leprosy or flesheating bacteria or something.

every other week is NORMAL. every week is michael jackson germophobic.

me

Posted at 7:42 PM on October 25, 2011

she has stated many times she has a laundry person, she doesn’t do it, just trying to stay relevant and appear mediocre like us all……

Marlene

Posted at 5:34 AM on October 26, 2011

Who cares about this woman and washing of the Gosselin kids’ sheets. Kate Gosselin has a lot worse horrible behaviors, like the continual exploitation of her children. She is one lying and sick woman who needs to stop exploiting her children.

Mari

Posted at 5:37 AM on October 26, 2011

The public can judge Kate Gosselin all they want. She is the idiot that put herself, her family drama, her children, and extended family members information into the world of the untalented reality TV world. Pleassssssse go away Kate and Gosselin kids.

P.J.

Posted at 4:45 PM on October 26, 2011

I grew up in a household of 12 people with no running water and a wringer/washer (not TWO automatics like Kate has). Sheets were washed every week.