Kate Gosselin Only Washes Her Kids' Bedsheets Every Two Weeks — Yuck!

Tue, October 25, 2011 6:30pm EDT by 53 Comments
Kate Gosselin

The mom-of-eight took to her blog to give her mommy fans advice on laundry but she revealed she doesn’t wash her eight kiddies’ sheets each week — does this seem icky to you?

Kate Gosselin has a lot of advice to give but do you agree with all of it? The mom-of-eight broke down her regimented laundry routine on her Kate Plus 8 blog and revealed she washes all of her kiddies clothes in cold and separates into individual laundry bins so that he laundry doesn’t become “her boss.”

But this one piece of the blog had us a bit surprised: “I wash bedsheets every other week, but blankets are only washed at the end of each season… That is unless sickness hits them first and typically that happens at least once or maybe twice a year! :)”

We can understand not washing duvets and comforters until the end of the season but sheets once every two weeks? We realize the mom-of-eight is busy but couldn’t she afford a housekeeper? Although she’s strapped for cash and is doing her best to keep things simple now that she’s unemployed — don’t you think this is a little lazy on her end?

Tell us what YOU think!

— Elizabeth Murphy

More On Kate Gosselin!

1. Kate Gosselin To Be A Nurse Again!
  2. Kate Gosselin To Star In Her Own Food Talk Show?
  3. Happy 11th Birthday Mady & Cara Gosselin: You’ve Had A Big Year!

Harley

Posted at 2:20 AM on January 25, 2012

Are You F88king Kidding me?? I Have Never Herd of Wshing ur sheets every week! washing your sheet every week for one week for a yr! your sheets would be trashy shreded things! Good Greff Give Her a Break Are You Any Better?? No! And HollyBaby Staff Need To grow Up And get A New Job!

madeline nolan

Posted at 7:23 PM on November 30, 2011

Can you tell me why she is strapped for cash. She seems to have cashed in on everything she could with those children of hers and she gets the free holidays and I am sure she is sponsored by some one so why can’t she have the money to employ a house maid. I tell you she always seems to have two or three nannies with her. I know it is hard but poor old Jon gets the rough end of the pineapple if you ask me. It took two to wreck that marriage and she put that man down everytime he spoke or did anything so she has herself to blame for that breakdown of marriage I will give you tht tip.

Jen

Posted at 2:35 PM on November 13, 2011

This is a RIDICULOUS thing to criticize her over. I can’t stand her, but I believe two weeks would be an improvement for most Americans. My work requires me to go inside a lot of people’s homes, and for the most part, people live like total pigs. Some kids beds don’t even HAVE sheets on them, or the bed is covered in clothes and garbage. I am talking about some middle class people too! Kate Gosselin’s kids hardly look gross or unkempt.

Harley

Posted at 2:22 AM on January 25, 2012

I Totally Agree With You! Just Had to Put That Out There :)

Jenna

Posted at 11:15 PM on October 27, 2011

Omfg I hate Kate, but I only wash my sheets every other MONTH!

I take a shower every night before I sleep and every morning when I wake up, if her kids shower or at least put on clean clothes her kids will be FINE!

All I do is spray disinfecting spray on my bed every few days, and I have not been sick or unhealthy for YEARS

Jackie

Posted at 7:52 PM on November 3, 2011

OMG, Jenna, you wash your sheets only once a month? Yuck! And do you wash your dishes, floors, etc. as seldom as well? I can’t imagine what the smell must be like. And then you use a spray to “mask” the smell? Not healthy. Well, I guess the bar can be lowered on anything, if that’s the way you choose to live…no thanks.

Danni

Posted at 2:52 PM on November 4, 2011

Wow, it’s changed from attacking a celebrity to attacking someone who comments on the article… I wash my sheets once a month, maximum. No one I know (and the vast majority of my friends are from medical school, ie are doctors) washes their bedding once a week! I wouldn’t even want to imagine having nine beds’ worth of laundry to do on a weekly basis.

Lori

Posted at 10:30 AM on October 27, 2011

oh brother. People will do anything to bash Kate. Washing sheets every 2 weeks is fine. If you go to bed clean, then the sheets do not need to be washed more often. Unbelievable. Next she will be bashed because of the type of soap she uses to wash the sheets.

Sandi

Posted at 11:41 AM on October 27, 2011

Oh Lori, come on. I agree that bashing Kate for sheet washing is extreme. But, but, but, Kate is a dysfunctional and abusive parent and she should be held accountable for her ways. Plain and simple.

Ashley

Posted at 3:58 PM on January 9, 2012

Abusive parent? Holy cow come on now???