'Gossip Girl' Recap: Serena Tells Dan 'You're The Love Of My Life,' Plus More 'OMG' Moments!

Mon, October 24, 2011 10:40pm EDT by 24 Comments
Gossip Girl

Just when we wrote off Serena and Dan’s romance as lost young love, ‘Gossip Girl’ brings it back on the Oct. 24th episode!

It’s like they say, it’s not over ’til it’s over. Well, this just might be the case for Serena (Blake Lively) and Dan (Penn Badgley).

Serena was clearly upset on the Oct. 17 episode about how Dan portrayed her character “Sabrina” as a spoiled, selfish party girl in his book, Inside. But it wasn’t the not-so-flattering “fictional” portrayal that irked Serena, it was the fact that Blair (Leighton Meester) was the leading lady of Dan’s story.

Serena and Dan used to have quite the heated relationship. But when their parents rekindled their own romance, things became sort of awkward when they were forced to go from boyfriend and girlfriend to step-brother and step-sister. Dan went on to date his best friend, Vanessa (Jessica Szohr), and later fell unexpectedly in love with Blair. Meanwhile, Serena dated random NYC men, her former boarding school teacher and Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford).

However, even after all of this time passed, Serena finally confessed her feelings to Dan after fake forgiving him in order to trick him into signing a movie deal, which would have only helped Serena at work.

“Maybe I’m living in the past, but you’re the love of my life Dan. I guess I thought I was yours, too,” Serena said to Dan. Dan’s response was not exactly what Serena  had expected. “Well, how can we know who the loves of our lives are until we’re older?” he asked.

Poor S! Will she be left broken hearted, or will they give it another try? Dan agreed to giving Serena’s boss the rights to his book to make it a movie, so they will definitely be spending a lot of time together! Only time will tell how their lovetale will unravel.

More ‘OMG’ moments!

#1) Chuck’s has a new love interest!

Despite all of his heartache, Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) seems to be getting back into the swing of things (pun intended). Chuck ran into an attractive psychologist while walking his dog in the park and later tried to sleep with her, but she’s smarter than the other women of Chuck’s past. She did not fall into his trap, but rather told him he has some serious issues and needs to seek professional help. Maybe this new doctor will save him, but in a different way than he had expected!

#2) Diana Payne launches New gossip website !

Media mogul and scary cougar Diana (Elizabeth Hurley) launched his NYC gossip website, NY Spectator. But the real life Gossip Girl (who still remains anonymous) heared about her competition and delayed Diana’s plans. Clearly Diana is connected in some way to the UES gang because at the end of the episode she burned a picture of herself from Lily’s (Kelly Rutherford) secret file that Ivy (Kaylee Defer) stole. But what is this mysterious connection? And why is Diana trying to imitate Gossip Girl?

#3) Blair and Prince Louis Tell Their Parents About The Pregnancy!

Blair’s pregnancy is no longer a secret to the family. The couple spilled the news to their parents this episode about their expecting royal-to-be! Both sides were very shocked, but ultimately supportive — except Louis’ family at the end. The royals are causing royal pains with their demands and expectations — so much in fact Louis was given an ultimatum: follow his mother’s tradition, or risk losing his royal status! While nothing is for certain, Louis chose to side with Blair, obviously.

#4) Prince Louis discovers Blair’s paternity test results!

Prince Louis might see Blair’s paternity test results before we do! He discovered them at the very end of the episode, but did not open the envelope that was labeled “private and confidential!” Is the truth about Blair’s baby inside that envelope? Or will Prince Louis just be upset over the fact Blair had to even take a paternity test, meaning that she cheated on him with Chuck. Either way, Louis and Blair’s baby are connected to Chuck’s new doctor lady. Could this be the setup to bring Chuck and Blair together for good?

I really hope so! And I hope the news inside the envelope reveals Louis isn’t really the father of Blair’s baby! Either way, I’m sure we’ll have a few more episode to go until we get to that point. I was happy to see old loves get back together though. I wouldn’t mind Serena and Dan giving it another try.

What do you think, Hollywoodlifers? Did you like the tonight’s episode of Gossip Girl? Are you hoping Serena and Dan will get back together? Vote and sound off in your comments below!

XOXO

— Nicole Karlis

More Gossip Girl!

1. Penn Badgley Reveals: ‘Blair Is Dan’s Soul Mate’!
  2. ‘Gossip Girl’ Pic: Blair Waldorf Covers Up Her Growing Bump!
  3. Blair Better Be Lying About Who The Father Of Her Baby Is On ‘Gossip Girl’ And Here’s Why!

Heehoo

Posted at 7:58 PM on April 9, 2012

SERENA AND DAN <3 best couple ever, I have literally been wiring for this for 3seasons!

elfe

Posted at 5:59 PM on February 8, 2012

wow!!!

seredan

Posted at 9:24 AM on December 31, 2011

Serena and Nate are not good for each other coz Serena becomes more of a blond bimbo with him and Nate like a man-who*re

But Serena with Dan makes Serena deeper and as you can see Serena is not using Dan but protecting him. And Nate alone as an honest businessman makes his character shine. Dan is not the romantic knight that he is without Serena and Dan is a pain in the you know where in Blair and Chuck’s great love.

Perpetual

Posted at 2:16 AM on December 2, 2011

I want Dan And Serena to give it a try, and Chuck /Blair

seredan

Posted at 9:19 AM on December 31, 2011

I agree. Those love teams are the essence of GG and why we started watching the show. SERENA+DAN

Faith

Posted at 3:52 PM on November 11, 2011

Gosh! i so want Dan and Serena, Chuck and Blair. Dan and Blair is still….at all. It sucks.

Kate

Posted at 8:14 AM on October 31, 2011

Dan and Serena FTW!!!

Lia

Posted at 10:40 PM on October 25, 2011

UGH!

Derena again? Seriously?

Give me Serenate anyday!

Serena and Nate are soulmates.

quina

Posted at 5:10 PM on October 25, 2011

If the writers really want to shock every1 they need to make the baby to be dan’s and put dair as the endgame

Quina A. Rivera Gonzalez

Posted at 5:07 PM on October 25, 2011

I dont think serena really loves dan shes just using him even penn has said it dan and blair are soulmates serena should get w nate again ivy needs to desapear

kendallf

Posted at 6:59 PM on October 25, 2011

penn thinks blair and dan are soulmates. the keyword is “thinks” just because he thinks dair are soulmates doesnt mean its true. how are dan and blair soulmates when blair doesnt even love dan(sames goes with dan in vice versa)? dan is pathetic. blair has rejecting him so many times. blair is never there for him. she called his book ridiculous in 5×05.blair would never go for serena’s ex boyfriend she said 2 times are already. dair is not happening and even if derena was not happening it still doesnt mean dair will be endgame.

Serena Van der Woodsen

Posted at 4:38 PM on October 25, 2011

Anyone else notice that the psychologist and Louis have the same accent?

carol

Posted at 3:05 PM on October 25, 2011

OMG At the end of the episode when Louis is talking to the therapist he says :
” I would be willing more that just paying”
What The Hell does that mean ???

nellie

Posted at 1:38 PM on October 25, 2011

Umn, I don’t think the “therapist” is a real deal. Isn’t she the one Louis called at the end of the episode? I’m thinking she’s just one more person playing 2 roles, and Chuck is going to get screwed.

I think Louis has her on the take, and finding that envelope is just one more thing to make him more suspicious of Blair.

Louis’ gonna go down swinging, but he’s doing down.

harumscarum

Posted at 12:35 PM on October 25, 2011

CHAIR AND DERENA FTW!

Erica

Posted at 11:33 AM on October 25, 2011

I like Louis and Blair. They bring out the best in each other. I loved Chuck and Blair, but after the whole trickery with Jack and the hotel, I think Blair is too good for Chuck and I was disappointed they slept together… Potentially making Chuck the father of Blair’s child. Louis is actually good for Blair and can make her happy… Who wouldn’t want to have her princess fairytale… Especially Blair!

I would like to see Chuck heal and change with therapy then find a true love to bring out the best in each other… Though I wouldn’t be surprised if a small plot for Chuck and Beatrice happens in the future, just to stir the pot.

As for Dan and S… Let it be done already! They gave it too many shots already… Just let their romantic plots die so they can each move on with their lives.

kendallf

Posted at 7:10 PM on October 25, 2011

wtf are u talking about? louis was about walk out on blair over dan’s stupid book when she is pregnant with his baby. blair cheated on him. louis cant even trust blair and lied to her saying he does when clearly he doesnt. when blair finds out about what is louis is doing and that he does not trust her.she’s gonna be so hurt.

Lina

Posted at 4:54 AM on October 25, 2011

I’ve always gone with Serena and Dan, but i was kinda hoping for Dan and Blair to be something, just to see how everyone would react since Serena got so upset about the kiss. Which now i get because it’s kinda obvious she still loves Dan, but i hope they don’t get together right now because they said 1 last shot and 1 last show only.

Emily

Posted at 12:04 AM on October 25, 2011

I’m glad Chuck finally decided to seek professional help. I’m proud of him.

Serena broke my heart this week, but I don’t think Dan deserves anyone at this point. Let him make waffles with Rufus for all eternity.

Kate

Posted at 11:46 PM on October 24, 2011

“I really hope so! And I hope the news inside the envelope reveals Louis isn’t really the father of Blair’s baby!”

I hope so too, get them back together already!! I love Chuck looking for real help though. And yes, Im for DS getting back together

Allie

Posted at 11:05 PM on October 24, 2011

I agree that Serena shouldn’t take Dan back just yet, he needs to get over his crush on Blair first. But their scene tonight was really good, and I’d like to see them give it another try eventually.

Loved Chuck’s scenes tonight too, I hope he gets the help he needs.

Stella

Posted at 11:05 PM on October 24, 2011

The doctor isn’t a new love interest for Chuck. He’s going to sincerely get therapy. Good lord. As for Dan and Serena? I think they’ll get back together eventually but not now. Dan has to get over his puppy love for Blair first

Vanilla

Posted at 11:04 PM on October 24, 2011

I knew derena was getting back together!!

Sandra

Posted at 11:00 PM on October 24, 2011

Getting back together soon? No. Serena deserves better than someone who’s into her BFF. But in the future I hope so!