Disneyland's Castle Is A 'Danger To Children'!

Mon, October 24, 2011 5:07pm EDT by 8 Comments

Well, this is one story out of Disneyland that’s certainly NOT a fairytale!

An environmental group says that Disneyland is full of attractions that contain potentially dangerous levels of lead, according to The Daily Mail! Kids could be at risk!

The Mateel Environment Justice Foundation sued the theme park in Anaheim, California and said that certain attractions contained excessive levels of lead. Some of the attractions mentioned were the stained glass windows in Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, the brass door knobs at Minnie’s House and the Sword In The Stone attraction!

According to The Daily Mail, William Verick, the president of Mateel said: “We are asking the court to force Disney to take steps that should have been taken when we first told them that children at Disneyland are in danger of illegal lead exposures.”

The group claims that attractions containing lead did not have a required health warning sign posted. By law, if the average exposure exceeds 0.5 micrograms per day, a warning sign should be posted.

Suzi Brown, a Disney spokeswoman, told the Los Angeles Times that Disney hasn’t seen the papers that are being filed. “However, we believe that Disneyland Resort is in full compliance with the signage requirements.”

What do YOU think HollyMoms? Is Disneyland safe, or do you think there’s a risk?

-Anna Moeslein

luv jb

Posted at 6:37 PM on October 26, 2011

ginifurbrand we dont need to know this stufff disney land is a place 4 children to hVE FUN NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT

Mom of 5

Posted at 3:36 PM on October 26, 2011

I’m getting very tired of these people! Let them stay out of Disney World and Land. More fun for us!

ginifurbrand

Posted at 1:02 PM on October 25, 2011

Dale and wannaplayguitar, we need to be concerned about these types of things. Its our childrens health! Among the other many issues we have in our country, you both should be glad someones looking out for you ignorant people. I hope Disney fixes this problem quickly. We as a country need to stop allowing these things to happen, stand up for our health and rights.

Sue

Posted at 3:28 PM on October 25, 2011

Blah, blah, blah, blah. If you are worried about your children’s health then don’t take them to Disneyland.

I am tired of people like you forcing changes down my throat. My family just may like looking at the same stained glass windows and sword my mother and I saw as children and I don’t want them replaced. My mother and I went to Disneyland yearly and we are still alive.

Advise me of the problem and let “ME” make my own decision.

Wanna PlayGuitar

Posted at 7:17 PM on October 24, 2011

Haven’t we had enough of these environmentally mental groups yet?? They closed down Gibson guitars illegally for making guitars!!! What’s next??

MJ

Posted at 7:11 PM on October 24, 2011

If there is a chance of high levels of and/or chronic exposure to lead then action needs to be taken to remedy the situation. I doubt that Disney would delay any changes to it’s parks if independent investigation proved their to be a health hazard, but I do not know how credulous this so-called MEJF are since their first course of action was to sue the company and not to inform them on how to take better action. MEJF look like they’re in it for the money and not public benefit and therefore I urge Disney to partake in more substantial testing of the lead involved…

Dale

Posted at 6:40 PM on October 24, 2011

Another group of people think its there business to protect the world from everything and every body. GO STICK YOUR HEAR BACK IN YOUR OWN BUSINESS and see if it stinks

bob billy

Posted at 6:36 PM on October 24, 2011

LOL……….WOW, if a chid is sucking on a stain glass window or a sword their parents did to get a clue.