'DWTS' Recap: Maks Attacks The Judges, Tells Len To Quit The Business!

Mon, October 24, 2011 10:31pm EDT by 34 Comments
Maksim Dancing With The Stars Fight

In the most dramatic fight of the season, Maksim Chmerkovskiy freaked out at the judges for unfair judging — and for once, I agree with him!

Every week on Dancing with the Stars we watch the judges pick apart the skilled dancers and praise the less talented contestants for their “effort” — and dance pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy is sick of it! During Broadway Night Oct. 24, the hot-headed 31-year-old dancer gave judge Len Goodman a piece of his mind and it was so intense, I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see him back again next season.

Maks and Hope Solo‘s rumba to Rent‘s “Season of Love” was mistake ridden and filled with fumbles. However, when the judges tried to tell that to them, Maks FREAKED out. 7, 6, 7 = 20/30

This is how it went down:

“Uh…I’m at a loss really, if I’m honest,” Len said. “This was your worst dance of the whole season, in my opinion…I’ve been in this business for 50 years.”

Maks quickly replied, “Maybe it’s time to get out.”

The other two judges started yelling at Maks for being disrespectful, but then he continued. “Everyone in that balcony has been dying and killing themselves only to hear your guys’ little judgmental comments,” he said.

Then after the commercial break, Maks explained his rationale — and it actually made sense.

“With all due respect, this is my show. I help make it what it is. I love every aspect of it. I love every professional that’s ever been here and I love every celebrity that puts effort into it every week,” he said. “Having said that, I’m a little tired that we’re being judged some on effort and some being picked on by heel leads. That’s it.”

I can’t wait to hear what the judges have to say about all of that. However, I do think they are more critical to the dancers who have more potential. Although I don’t love Hope, I think she’s objectively much stronger than Chaz and even Nancy, so it’s weird they criticize her to the degree they do. That said, here were the rest of the dances:

Rob Kardashian: Rob and Cheryl performed a cha cha to a Jersey Boys song and even though I found it entertaining, I was still distracted by Rob’s arms. There was something awkward about his hand motions. “There was no rhythm,” Len Goodman said, over the Kardashian family’s boos. 8, 7, 7 = 22/30

Nancy Grace: I don’t know why I found Nancy and Tristan’s foxtrot to a song from Monty Python’s Spamalot so funny, but I’m still in stitches. It seemed a little flimsy to me, but the judges were thrilled. “You upped the ante on that and I’d call that a show stopper!” Carrie Ann Inaba raved. Meh…I’m not sold, but I still find Nancy entertaining. (P.S. Carrie Ann must have been on crack when she scored this one…) 9, 7, 8 = 24/30

David Arquette: David should win the award for most improved! I thought his Grease dance was adorable and really fun. It didn’t make me uncomfortable at all (as his performances are ought to do). The judges thought they seemed out of sync, but I didn’t notice it. How cute was David’s daughter, Coco, in the audience? She LOVED her dad’s performance. 8, 7, 8 = 23/30

Ricki Lake: Ricki and Derek’s quickstep to “Luck Be a Lady” earned a standing ovation from two of the judges and it definitely deserved it! Derek’s choreography was flawless and he always brings out the best in his partners. “It fit like a glove! Your interpretation of the music was just beyond belief,” Bruno said. “It was so quick and so precise and so sophisticated!” Carrie Ann added. Totally agree. 10, 9, 10 = 29/30

Chaz Bono: I have a soft spot in my heart for all things Phantom of the Opera, so I finally enjoyed Chaz’s dance this week. However, there’s really no comparison of his dancing to the rest of the competition…it’s just, not good. “This was the most aggressive I’ve seen you, but I have to be very frank with you. At week six, I want to see more content,” Chaz’s biggest fan, Carrie Ann, said. Things got awkward when Brooke Burke asked Chaz for his reactions to his scores. “Not much to say, is there?” he asked. Buh bye, Chaz? 7, 6, 6 = 19/20

J.R. Martinez: Meanwhile, J.R. and Karina’s quickstep to “Hot Honey Rag” from Chicago was nearly flawless, once again. He’s such a joy to watch and I’m really pulling for him to take home the Mirror Ball Trophy. One thing that drives me nuts is when people claim he’s getting the pity vote. Wake up, people. Regardless of his back story, J.R. is a fantastic dancer. “Bob Fosse would have been proud!” Carrie Ann said. 10, 9, 10 = 29/30

What did you think of tonight’s controversial Broadway episode? Did you agree with Maks or the judges? Who’s your favorite at this point? Sound off below!

Loading video...

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Get More On ‘DWTS’!

gluten free diet meal plan

Posted at 1:28 PM on May 24, 2012

Normally I do not read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, quite great article.

rapid weight loss suggestions

Posted at 12:06 PM on May 24, 2012

Thanks , I have just been looking for info approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the best I have found out till now. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you sure concerning the source?|What i don’t understood is in fact how you are not actually much more neatly-preferred than you might be now. You are so intelligent.

buy moon cake

Posted at 10:13 AM on May 24, 2012

It’s in point of fact a great and helpful piece of info. I am satisfied that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

top seo canada

Posted at 3:49 PM on May 23, 2012

Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my web site so i came to return the favor?.I am trying to find things to improve my site!I guess its good enough to use a few of your ideas!!

Best Electric Shaver

Posted at 12:07 PM on May 17, 2012

Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for info approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the greatest I’ve found out so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the source?|What i don’t understood is in fact how you’re now not actually a lot more well-liked than you might be now. You’re so intelligent.

Poetry

Posted at 6:47 AM on May 9, 2012

hello!,I like your writing very much! proportion we communicate more about your post on AOL? I need a specialist on this house to unravel my problem. Maybe that is you! Taking a look ahead to look you.

kara

Posted at 4:12 PM on October 25, 2011

The judges are F***ing idiots.
Hope’s dance wasn’t bad and she is doing really good and putting way more freaking effort than anybody else. Why the HELL Is Chaz still on? He’s been getting like 17- 20 every week! Send him home! Nancy Grace needs to get the F*** out too. Neither of them can dance.
Hope is a good dancer. The Judges are full of B.S.
Maks was so right.

Lily

Posted at 2:15 PM on October 25, 2011

Good job Max. The judges hypocrites. I never forgive them Brandy and Maya.

Lily

Posted at 2:01 PM on October 25, 2011

Good job Max. The judges hypocrites.

LittleMo

Posted at 1:42 PM on October 25, 2011

You couldn’t be more wrong. Max isn’t a no-nothing newcomer. He’s a professional with years in the business himself so he has the right to comment. And in this case, Max is correct. There are certain people who are criticized more severely than others for reasons that have nothing to do with dancing and Max wasn’t the only one who objected People are called names which is completely out of line; I thought Chaz should have gone home a long time ago but calling him a penguin is nothing but making fun of his size. It takes an immense amount of courage to make the kind of stand Max has made and stick to it the way he has – and there is nothing childish or immature about that at all. On the contrary – the way the judges have talked to some of these contestants over the years it’s long past time someone did – and Bravy to Max.

Anna

Posted at 1:04 PM on October 25, 2011

Team Maks! Len get over yourself!

Maks Rocks

Posted at 11:43 AM on October 25, 2011

I think Maks was completely correct, they work so hard and i know this is a competition but they can’t expect the celebrities to be perfect, they aren’t dancers, they work so hard day after day and sometimes don’t get enough credit for it. I think Len is always a little too uptight and strict and he needs to loosen up, just because he’s been in the business for 50 years doesn’t mean other people don’t know what they are talking about. He gives Hope critical comments night after night and they are even worse than what he says to Chaz, i really don’t think it’s fair.

gbtw

Posted at 11:08 AM on October 25, 2011

didn’t see, but sounds like maks is being his usual hot-headed self. in sports and life, the best are always criticized more b/c more is expected of them- also, b/c they are good enough to listen to what you say and improve from it. is chaz going to get any better or improve if they tell him his heel leads are off? no. so why say it? get over it maks- and yah, you need to show more respect for the people that have been around a lot longer than you. that comment was for a spoiled teen, not a 31 year old professional.

Rachel

Posted at 9:51 AM on October 25, 2011

While Hope isn’t one of my favorite dancers; I do have to agree with Maks! I think Hope is better than Nancy and Chaz and Len hasnt gone after either one of them the way he goes after Hope! I even thought after hearing Len praise Nancy Grace the way he did, I could swear he had the hots for her! Come on! I give Hope alot of credit for putting up with the crap she’s been hearing! While it is the Judge’s job to critique, they really do go over board with the insults sometimes!

Paul

Posted at 3:47 AM on October 25, 2011

Len Goodman is a one-eyed —- 3 legged blind umpire. He squirms around on his painful hemorroides and has no respect for the cheers from the audience. DWTS is nothing more than a talent show and this Idiot should give the viewing audience some consideration, and forget his 140 years of being a professional “judge” of proper dance movement. For example he gives Mister Chaz more than a 2, when he professionally doesn’t earn that much. And he keeps blowing smoke up this clown like he is Fred Astaire or Gene Kelley. Sickining. Send the Chit Head back to Europe

Dillon James

Posted at 1:28 AM on October 25, 2011

As a dancer I think Maks was very disrespectful with the judges. They are the professional’s and their job is to critique. The dance was very showing, but technically, was not up to par with some of the others. Maks was way out of line

Debbie Bradley

Posted at 1:16 AM on October 25, 2011

Len is tooooooo old for this new type of ballroom dancing. Seriously would any of us be watching if they still had the type of dancing from his day? No because it was boring and NOT good television. I’ve been sick of all 3 judges for a long time. They ruin the show. Seriously you give the pros crappy music to begin with and obviously you expect them to dress the part so don’t gripe about the shoes Len you stupid jackass! I’m actually surprised the show has lasted this long because I know I’m not the only one fed up with their choice of judges. They need to make a change AND its NOT the pros. We love the pros!

Jennifer

Posted at 1:02 AM on October 25, 2011

I agree 100% with Maks the judges are unfair in their judging.
They will praise a bad dancer for all the hard work and effort they put into their dance and then tear apart a good dancer with unconstrutive criticism and not even mention their hard work and effort for their dance. I don’t think Maks was one bit rude but Len, Bruno and Carrie Ann were rude. There was no constructive criticism of their dance. Their criticism of Hope’s dance was just plain hurtful. I hope all their fans will keep them on the show.

Les

Posted at 12:44 AM on October 25, 2011

Max is a prick who needs to get d-ported & shipped back off to Siberia! Len knows the business, his critiques are always right on and he is a joy to watch. He’s so refreshing in contrast to flaming attention whore queen Bruno Tortellini and alley cat in heat Carri Ann Meanaba. Ship her back off to China where she belongs!

I would totally miss Len who is by far the most educated and classy judge and most knowledgeable when it comes to dance. Please please please boot Max! He’s fugly, rude to his partners, a terrible coach and a mediocre dancer!

Olena

Posted at 4:36 PM on October 25, 2011

Hey Les, what do you know about Makc,nothing. He is proffecional dancer so keep your mouth shut

Linda

Posted at 11:56 PM on October 24, 2011

I agree with Max. Carson stayed way too long! Chaz cannot dance at all! This was not Hope’s best dance but even her better dances got torn apart. Come on!

Olena

Posted at 4:38 PM on October 25, 2011

Chaz is clown as DWTS show

Andrew

Posted at 11:39 PM on October 24, 2011

That definitely was not a “6” performance, no matter how you cut it. I think Hope is more feminine than Chaz is “masculine,” yet the judges’ reaction is exactly the opposite. I have played soccer and I ballroom dance. So I appreciate it that when you have trained all your life to block balls being shot at you at 100 miles per hour you may not have the most supple and “girlie” body in the world. Hope works as hard as any of the “celebrities” and harder than most. Tearing her down does not help the show’s ratings or my enjoyment of it. Maks is right… it is the dancers, not the judges who are the show.

Josie

Posted at 11:09 PM on October 24, 2011

The girl cannot dance. End of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

olena

Posted at 4:38 PM on October 25, 2011

Of course she is girl and cant dance.

Connor

Posted at 10:50 PM on October 24, 2011

I have to see the dance.

Mirna

Posted at 11:03 PM on October 24, 2011

I agree with Max!! Judges way too harsh on her. Did not sound constuctive at all. Never once have they praised her effort or hard work, even though in the clips you can see she is serious and gives ALL her effort. Not the best dancer U agree, bit I don’t see a slacker in her either.

Mirna

Posted at 11:03 PM on October 24, 2011

I agree with Max!! Judges way too harsh on her. Did not sound constuctive at all. Never once have they praised her effort or hard work, even though in the clips you can see she is serious and gives ALL her effort. Not the best dancer I agree, but I don’t see a slacker in her either.

Andrea Sbarro

Posted at 12:46 AM on October 25, 2011

Carrie Ann can go suck a dick. I’m sick of her shit. She’s a fucking Cunt. I totally agree with Maks. That fat lump of shit Chaz never gets harsh criticism yet they slaughter Hope. Make it fair. Nancy has been “less than stellar” and Carson? Please. Someone give this fag a cock and shove him back in the closet. He stayed way too long. I’m glad Maks spoke up. This us supposed to be a dance competition. Then you have that stupid Cunt Chloe practically begging and sucking cock for her brother Rob’s votes. Go Maks!!!!

Stephanie H

Posted at 12:52 AM on October 25, 2011

I totally agree with the above poster^
Give Chaz some harsh criticism. The only reason they don’t is because of his fragile male or is it female ego? Also because of who his mom is. This is no longer a dance show but a popularity contest. Maks was keeping it real. Good for him. And I agree with you Andrea on Carrie Ann and Chloe. I can’t stand either. Thanks for making me laugh!!!

Steve

Posted at 12:54 AM on October 25, 2011

B.S. Bring Andrea’s post back!! The only one that was right on. War Maks!!!!
P.S. Screw Carrie Ann, Chaz and that disgusting mudshark Chloe!!!!

Olena

Posted at 4:39 PM on October 25, 2011

Coool said

Robert B.

Posted at 1:31 AM on October 25, 2011

Mirna, you are right. I have hardly heard a word of positive praise for Hope’s dance routines. I think Len must have had a soocer ball kicked up his behind by a girl once-up-on-a time; Bruno was the soccer ball being kicked; and Carrie Ann was turned down from being the ball girl.

gbtw

Posted at 11:13 AM on October 25, 2011

they probably expect more from an athlete than her horrible clumsy dancing- and they probably expect that she can actually get better with their comments. unfortunately, she is hope-less.