Stefan V. Damon: Who Had Hotter Chemistry With Elena On Last Night's 'Vampire Diaries?'

Fri, October 21, 2011 3:12pm EDT by 159 Comments
vampire diaries 3x06

Since Elena is incapable of making up her mind, let’s pick the right Salvatore brother for her!

Now that Stefan (Paul Wesley) is a total loose cannon on The Vampire Diaries, Elena (Nina Dobrev) has come down with a major case of the wishy-washies: Should she keep fighting to save what’s left of Stefan’s humanity, or should she simply move on to his ready-and-willing older brother Damon (Ian Somerhalder)? Because I’ve recently been accused of letting my Damon bias get the better of me, I’m now opening myself up to the possibility that either brother could potentially be right for Elena.

The Oct. 20 episode, “Smells Like Teen Spirit,” was a crucial one for Elena, as she reminded the fans that no matter what each brother’s current situation is, Elena clearly has chemistry with both of them.

She was practically breathless as Damon taught her the finer points of vampire combat, and even though she only flirted with Stefan to lure him into a trap, there was no denying the look of intensity in her eyes when he caught her. Her attraction to Damon may be getting harder to deny, but I’d be wrong to say she doesn’t still have strong feelings for Stefan.

(CLICK HERE for our recap of this week’s episode!)

So which brother proved himself to have better chemistry with Mystic Falls’ favorite doppelganger?

Two brothers. One girl. Choose wisely.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Vampire Diaries

Camy

Posted at 3:26 AM on August 3, 2013

Common people… Of course Damon is Elena`s true love. Their love just grew up during the episodes. Any mistake that Damon has done was just for Elena and even though she didn`t like it, she just couldn’t get too mad on Damon. At the beginning, yeah I liked Stefan for Elena because everything was like in a fairytale. I couldn`t understand why Damon is always there like he wanted his catch. But during the episodes, common, Elena fell in love with Damon, although she had every reason to not. In season 3, I was dying to see a kiss between Damon and Elena, then at season 3 finale she chose Stefan. I was so sad and I knew that Damon would freak out. But he didn’t, he was still with Elena, helping her with her vampire issues, then she finally broke up with Stefan and admits her love for Damon, but then we learn about the sire bond. I think that Damon was so sad because he thought that Elena’s love is just because of the bond. And Stefan was so selfish to ask Damon to “set Elena free”. Well the sire bond was only about how she acts, not about her feelings, but damon couldn’t see that. He was hurt. Anyway at season 4 finale, she finally chose Damon and the sire bond was broke. I was hoping for that to happen so much.

Of ourse Damon is better for Elena, not because he is good, but because he changed for the woman that he loves. Stefan was good almost always, but Damon changed for Elena and she accepted him as he was and she always knew how he was for real, not like with Stefan. I always said that that the first love is the best, but now I hope that Elena stays with damon at the end. If not, I will be so dissapointed

Helena

Posted at 12:00 PM on January 20, 2013

Damon Ofcourse!
Stephen ls just…a copy of Justin Bieber!
I mean, i hate Stephen!
One negative thing with Damon thought…
He is sleeping with everyone!
He is a…pimp!
But he is cute and i want Delena!
Not Selena!
Haha, Selena….
I hate Selena Gomez btw.

Emily

Posted at 9:21 PM on November 29, 2012

Uggh. I Hate Stefan! And Elena! Elena Is Stupid She’s Always Hurtin Damon. I Think Elena Doesnt Deserves To Be With Damon. Damon Can Do So Much Better Then Elena!. I Wish The Writers Could Just Make a Love Char For Damon :l Instead Of Just Have Damon Be Single An Always Waitin For Elena. Ps. Writers Please Get a Vampire Girl For Damon!!! An Have Elena An Stefan Be In there Boring Little RealationShips(:…<3 Emily ( Not Tryin To Be Rude But It's My Option) Damon4Eva<33

Mariah

Posted at 5:06 PM on November 20, 2012

Honestly, I am all for Damon and Elena. I find Stefan to be really whiny, I can’t take it! Don’t get me wrong, I love Stefan! Just not for Elena. I think he could do better to be honest (love Elena, just speaking truth). Elena needs Damon, she’s becoming more like him and she has fun when she’s with him, she’s more herself. Damon is there for Elena, always. He has saved her so many times and is always there for her! I definitely think Delena is right, not just cause they look cute together either :D

Kaylah

Posted at 8:32 PM on November 22, 2012

For one Stefan Salvatore is hot and defenally not whiny. He has saved Elena’s life many times and Stefan could help her though this. Last episode I almost cried when I heard that they are not going to be together anymore. Stefan and Elena look perfect together. I still like Damon but honestly he has a girl and pretty much just thows them away. He doesn’t trust Elena to do anything herself he always has to protect her to much. Stefan lets her make her wn desisoins I’m all for Stelena!!!!!!!!! :P

Mariah

Posted at 9:19 PM on November 22, 2012

Haha yeah I getcha.. I almost cried too but for different reasons.. I don’t know my opinion is just Delena!

Ty

Posted at 5:43 AM on October 28, 2012

has to be damen, stephen and her really dont make a enjoyable couple its twilight all over again if she goes the stephen path, the dead person told her brother, yeah steph might be better, but damen challenges her makes her think, now how i see it, a male that enchourages thinking or one with blind devotion

Phuong

Posted at 3:58 AM on October 6, 2012

DAMON!!! :D DELENA FTW!!!!!!!!!!! :D<33333333

Ps Klaus x Carolinee!!

me

Posted at 7:22 PM on September 11, 2012

DAMON

mariam

Posted at 10:39 PM on September 6, 2012

Stefan is so much better for her,i hope writers can see that.They have the perfect relationship

Cathy Starrs

Posted at 8:02 PM on April 15, 2013

I think Damon is better for her.

lilian

Posted at 10:37 PM on September 6, 2012

i hope she ends up with stefan at the end,or it would be a total waste of time

Laina

Posted at 7:05 PM on August 19, 2012

DELENA!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA stelena loses again :D

Aelita

Posted at 6:19 PM on June 16, 2012

Elena+ Stefan, Damon+ Rebekka)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))!

Maria Eduarda

Posted at 4:22 PM on August 18, 2012

concordo com vc,STELENA FOREVER!!!!!

Cathy Starrs

Posted at 8:03 PM on April 15, 2013

Delena forever!!!!!

Surfer127

Posted at 8:58 PM on November 25, 2012

YESSSSSS!!!! REBEKKA is so freaking hot. She could have as much of my blood as she wanted.

=)

Posted at 3:26 AM on June 6, 2012

Damon and elena forsure.
If you are truly in love with someone then there should be no secong guess. Their shouldnt feel for someone else.
Also in season 3 I can’t remember which episode damon tell her that stefan is gone he isnt goin to change, elena tells him then we will let him go. That just showed to me that she really wasnt that inlove with stefan. Also in season 3 episode 2 damon ask her why she was rdy to leave the mountain bc she was hellbent on leaving. and she tells him bc she was worried about him. Well once again if you love someone and wanted to find them and help them it wouldnt matter what it would take to do so. DELENA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarah

Posted at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2012

DELENA ALL DA WAY!!!!Damon is damn hot and elena is damn pretty!they have the best chemistry!!they went over the limit of smexiness!!!