Chloe Moretz: 'My Mom Doesn't Let Me Buy Designer Clothing!'

Thu, October 20, 2011 10:12am EDT by 5 Comments

The young star may look chic in high-fashion frocks, but in reality she’s shopping at Urban Outfitters — we love that she’s so down to earth!

Chloe Moretz may be a young teen, but she’s practically a red carpet pro! The 14-year-old always manages to look age appropriate and chic, and she’s already been shot for both Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar — but that doesn’t mean she has couture hanging in her closet! In fact, Chloe said it’s quite the opposite.

“My closet isn’t ridiculously amazing because my mom doesn’t allow me to buy Dolce and designers,” she told InStyle.com at the Scream Awards in LA.

When it comes to her everyday looks, Chloe’s just like a normal teen — she likes to hit the mall! “And I still shop at the mall. I love Urban Outfitters,” she said.

While her mom may be strict, the young star has found a loophole around the rules! “Some of the press outfits I get to keep,” she said. Hey, I guess as long as she’s not spluring she’s not breaking the rules, right?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

More Style News!

1. Lindsay Lohan Arrives In Court In $9,000 Outfit!
  2. Zooey Deschanel V. Cheryl Cole: Who Wore Black & White Best?
  3. ‘Rachel Zoe Project’ Recap: Rachel Gives Birth & Jeremiah’s Back!

vanessa purvis

Posted at 10:16 AM on January 27, 2013

She was forced in the buisness if you carefully read the seventeen article and interview of her she screams fake and totally has a stage mom like kris jenner. She is all my mom doesn’t let me and my mom reluctanly signed me up for auditions at age fivve- you what I was doing at five? Not remebering monolougues and worrying if my ssnow fort. Wasn’t knocked down. Her mother is the reason for her fame. She did the celebrity cliches in the interview trying to seem like a down to earth girl but the whole set up is not fooling me. I hate phonies. Just stop this whole sharade and act. And model don’t play people up like you are a regualar chick who wears regualr clothes and goes to school. She is homeschoooled went to an acting school, auditioned, and starred in many movies and awful tv shows.

whatever

Posted at 9:06 PM on September 4, 2013

She was not forced into the business. In fact, her mother initially refused to let her try out. Her mother is anything but a stage mom. Her mother is not the reason for Chloe’s fame. She did not go to acting school. Other than those falsehoods, that rant was right on the money.

JR

Posted at 11:57 PM on February 23, 2012

Just when I think I’ve read the dumbest comments possible about Chloe Moretz, I find ones that top it. Good going, folks.

Mikey B

Posted at 2:52 AM on October 21, 2011

P.S. She does NOT wear age appropriate clothes — try Hailee Steinfeld or an older and much more talented, Saoirse Ronan instead. In the Taxi Driver “homage,” she looks a bit TOO comfortable in those prostitute clothes — while younger and waaay more talented Jodie Foster, gave the impression of being very uncomfortable and appeared to greatly disliked what she did. Chloe, looked… well, like a young 14 year whore who loved what she does but wants things her way instead of taking orders from a pimp. I love Chloe, but come on, even you have to admit she doesn’t fully dress her age. And while she might be intelligent, her behavior is absolutely “attention-seeking” when compare to Dakota Fanning or Saoirse Ronan who happen to be a lot older and have never gone to expose themselves in real life to these things.

flor

Posted at 4:04 PM on October 26, 2011

you’re right! chloe is a lindsay on the making! and I’m happy about that because this girl is annoying.