'The X Factor' Recap: The Top 16 Are Revealed & Simon's Made A Huge Mistake!

Wed, October 19, 2011 4:19am EDT by 11 Comments
X Factor Top 16

What did YOU think of the judges top 16 (ahem, 17)? Are you as bummed with some of their choices as I am?

The four judges on The X Factor each picked the four acts they wanted to progress onto the live rounds Oct. 18 — and honestly, I don’t know what they were smoking! Each judge selected contestants I would have never have chosen to go on in the competition. What did they see that we didn’t?

Paula Abdul choose the following groups: The Brewer Boys, Lakoda Rayne, The Stereo Hoggz and InTENsity. I wouldn’t have taken The Brewer Boys along for the journey. They seemed like the weakest link out of the top eight contestants.

Nicole Scherzinger was probably the biggest offender as far as picking the wrong singers was concerned. Her top four were as follows: Josh Krajcik, Dexter Haygood, Leroy Bell and Stacy Francis. I was SHOCKED Dexter even made it this far, so imagine my disappointment when he was put through to the live performances. Also, I love Stacy, but I preferred Elaine Gibbs — she set me at ease. Overall, Nicole choose incorrectly.

L.A. Reid: I was bummed when L.A. didn’t pick the white country singer, but his other four singers pleased me: Brian Bradley, Phillip Lomax, Chris Rene and Marcus Canty.

Simon Cowell: It’s beyond me why Simon would choose both Simon Battle and Tiah Tolliver. I think they’re going to cannibalize each other. I was thrilled beyond believe he picked my favorite teens Drew Ryniewicz and Rachel Crow, but couldn’t believe he let Melanie Amaro go by the wayside. Thank goodness he righted his wrong.

What did YOU think of the judges’ decisions? Who is your favorite to win?

Loading video...

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Check out some of the best auditions on The X Factor premiere! Click here!

From Our BFFs At Ranker!

1. Celebs Caught In The Act!
  2. Stars Who’ve Turned Down Playboy!
  3. Famous Sexy Tattoos!

Gay Sex

Posted at 1:29 PM on May 20, 2012

You’re actually a excellent webmaster. The web site loading velocity is incredible. It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterwork. you have done a excellent job on this matter!

chr1stina

Posted at 6:06 PM on October 19, 2011

females:
Simon Battle
Drew Ryniewicz (thank God)
Melanie Amaro
Caitlin Korch (bitch but the greates if them all)

Males:
Brennin Hunt (yes he was stupid but with amazing voice)
NIck Voss (unique…and way better than Brian Bradley.put that Brian sing what Nick can sing…HE CAN’T)
Marcus Canty
Chris Rene

Groups
The Anser
4shore
The Stereo Hoggz
Lakoda Rayne (they were awful but all of them have great voices and can really grow)

30+
Stacy Francis
Elaine Gibbs (maybe the greatest voice of the whole competition)
Leroy Bell
Josh Krajcik (don’t like him but he the man has A VOICE)

Unfortunetly all for of them decied on their final team according to who they like and who they think eill win and not who deserves to win.i had plans to see the live shows…not anymore.)

Jason

Posted at 4:47 PM on October 19, 2011

Tiah Tolliver should not have went through and neither should Simone! Neither can sing…other singers were much better! Dexter Haygood I cannot believe made it through…he cannot sing…I also think Elaine Gibbs should have gone through. Perhaps if Dexter had gotten axed, Elaine and Stacy both could have made it through.

ATOM

Posted at 1:25 AM on October 22, 2011

I can’t believe Tiah, Simone,and Dexter made it…

nekaiya

Posted at 12:05 PM on October 19, 2011

i dont like that paula chose two groups that we just thrown together by simon when other groups have been together for years and were much better. she made a huge mistake with that 10 person kid group. im predicting theyll be the first to go. Im pleased with everyone elses choices though

follow me on twitter @kaiya88

Miss Trish

Posted at 11:24 AM on October 19, 2011

Of course the Melanie thing was scripted…weather she was in on it, who knows? If #’s mean anything, hers on numerouse YouTube videos dwarf the rest of the contestants….maybe Simon did it to try to avoid a Susan Boyle situation and protect her and her family ( which have their own camera crew, did you notice) from a media onsaught. He got singed by the Boyle situation. Besides, she totally blows his doors off in the Audition, slays it at his house in France and then he chops her??? BE REAL!! He needs ratings interest. Besides, Josh or even Drew could kick this thing open. josh still hasn’t had his transformation (Ha HA – Think David Cook!!). Either way, Ms. Amaro is headed for great things…people will go to hear her just for the thrill of the high notes she kills.

pd

Posted at 10:50 AM on October 19, 2011

I think letting go of Melanie then getting her back on was totally scripted.

RS

Posted at 9:19 AM on October 21, 2011

nooooo way

Mark

Posted at 8:36 AM on October 19, 2011

Thankfully Tiah got through, she is stunningly gorgeous and has the total focus and determination required to be a star :)

Nekaiya

Posted at 12:02 PM on October 19, 2011

Agreed!! Shes amazing. i think Paula and Nicole are just jealous.

ATOM

Posted at 1:30 AM on October 22, 2011

Are you guys joking? She is the worst in that Group. Plus what is there to jealous about???? her ugly big fat lips that covers her face? Maybe that’s what Simon likes about her……