Giuliana Rancic Cried Anytime She Said ‘Cancer,’ Husband Bill Reveals

Wed, October 19, 2011 8:32am EDT by 5 Comments
giuliana rancic breast cancer

So sad. Watch Bill & Giuliana discuss her battle with breast cancer in this emotional new interview.

Giuliana Rancic looked strong and composed Oct. 17 when she announced her breast cancer diagnosis on the Today show, but a new interview on E! reveals the pain she was working hard to conceal. “She was a lot stronger than I thought,” husband Bill Rancic says. “Up until this morning, anytime she even said the word ‘cancer,’ she would start crying.”

The E! interview was filmed the same day Giuliana made her big announcement, and she was clearly still on edge:

“This morning was tough,” she admits. “Actually, all weekend was really tough. I was going back and forth — should I do this, should I not do this? It’s just so personal and I was like a nervous wreck.”

But Bill adds, “I think her goal was to send a message to all the young girls out there and I don’t think it could have gone any better,’ said Bill.

“I think our story has a happy ending,” Giuliana says. “And that’s the good thing. It’s very treatable, it’s 100 percent treatable when you catch it early and that’s the main message I think. You’ve got to get after this thing sooner rather than later.”

HollywoodLife.com spoke with several specialists who agree with Giuliana that the best thing women can do to protect themselves is to get mammograms — no matter what their age.

Gynecologist and fertility expert Dr. David Ghozland, M.D. told us: “Breast cancer is of course serious, but in most cases it is treatable if detected early enough, as is the case with Giuliana Rancic.”

Watch a preview of Giuliana and Bill’s interview below:

Loading video...

Lucy

Posted at 3:33 PM on July 11, 2012

When a couple decides to publicly chronicle their IVF journey and then the wife develops breast cancer, it is critical for them to utilize the platform to discuss the possiblity that IVF CAUSED the breast cancer. The recommendation to get a Mammogram was because there are known links. So many women out there need to know the real downsides to IVF and the breast cancer risks. We ask you to address this publicly. Thank you for sharing your brave fight!

bio oil stretch marks

Posted at 11:18 PM on April 24, 2012

Thanks for another great post. The place else could anybody get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such information.

Mount Eliza Pool Cleaning

Posted at 12:20 AM on April 10, 2012

It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

christy

Posted at 10:26 AM on December 20, 2011

I love you guyz….Guilliana and Bill ‎u two are my mentors!

d schilero

Posted at 9:34 AM on October 19, 2011

All the best to her. She is a great person and I know she will beat it with the help of Bill.