President Barack Vs. The Kardashians– Why He Won't Let His Daughters Watch!

Tue, October 18, 2011 5:33pm EST by 8 Comments
President Obama Bans Kardashians

First Lady Michelle Obama says her husband doesn’t like their two daughters, Malia and Sasha, keeping up with the Kardashians on TV! Do YOU think they are bad influences?

Even though they are the First Daughters of the United States, Malia and Sasha Obama have strict rules inside the White House. Their parents, Barack and Michelle, don’t let them watch TV or play on the computer during the week unless it’s for school — and there’s one show in particular the president is completely against: E!’s Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

“Barack really thinks some of the Kardashians – when they watch that stuff – he doesn’t like that as much,” the First Lady told iVillage in a recent interview, “but I sort of feel like if we’re talking about it, and I’m more concerned with how they take it in – ‘what did you learn when you watched that?’ And if they’re learning the right lessons, like, ‘that was crazy,’ then I’m like, ‘okay.'”

Although we’re secretly addicted to watching Khloe, Kourtney and Kim‘s misadventures around the globe, we understand why Obama might not be tickled with letting Malia, 13, and Sasha, 10, watch the famous sisters fight about guys, money and fashion.

Thanks to their uptight upbringing, Michelle thinks their daughters are going to turn out just fine.

“They’re terrific girls, they’re poised and they’re kind and they’re curious,” she said. “And like any mother, I am just hoping that I don’t mess them up.”

Do YOU allow your kids to watch reality TV? Sound off below!

Get More Obama Family:

1. Michelle Obama Shoots Her ‘iCarly’ Guest Appearance! First Look!
  2. Even Malia & Sasha Obama Are Given Daily White House Chores!
  3. President, Michelle Obama Chat With Royal Couple

jjpinkie

Posted at 12:15 PM on October 31, 2011

I dont watch keeping up with the whores either. I wouldn’t let my kids watch it either. If i wanted to teach my kids how to be whores I’d let them watch E, MTV, and VH1. Snooke and Kim would surely teach them right!!! Glad I don’t have kids.. :)

ash

Posted at 10:12 PM on October 19, 2011

Say what you want about the Kardashian family, but they are nothing short of entertaining. I’ll be the first to admit they do some crazy things, speak inappropriately & haven’t really done much to earn their celebrity status but nobody said they needed to be role models to children, isn’t that the parent’s job anyway? It’s all in good fun and you can get a laugh from the show if you look past your “hate/dislike” of what you think they stand for.

rachel s.

Posted at 9:24 AM on October 19, 2011

The show is trash. I cannot believe it’s so popular.

Debsa

Posted at 2:41 AM on October 19, 2011

The K sisters are not role models.

Tee

Posted at 7:14 AM on October 19, 2011

Nope, but they are fun!

tammy

Posted at 9:23 PM on October 18, 2011

It’s definately at least a PG 13 show I think. I am 16 and watch it, it’s nothing I haven’t heard or seen at school…

lena

Posted at 8:58 PM on October 18, 2011

I watch KUWTK, but only because I’m 14. they are 13 and 10, they SHOULDN’T watch that. it’s not age appropriate.

galey

Posted at 6:33 PM on October 18, 2011

This is probably the only thing I agree with Obama on but he has this one dead on!