'X Factor' Recap: Will Rachel Crow, 13, Make It To The Live Performances?

Mon, October 17, 2011 1:27am EDT by 9 Comments
Loading video...

Out of all the auditions on ‘The X Factor’ tonight, I was most excited to see 13-year-old Rachel Crow hit it out of the ball park…but I’m afraid she didn’t live up to her full potential!

When 13-year-old Rachel Crow first stepped on stage on the premiere episode of The X Factor last month, she blew me away with her insane vocals and endearing personality. However, after her solo performance at Simon Cowell‘s house on the Oct. 16 episode, I don’t think we’re going to have the pleasure of seeing her week after week during the live performances.

The Colorado native sang a slow, nearly a capella version of The Backstreet Boys’ single, “I Want It That Way,” which sounded shaky at times. Even though she nailed the high notes near the end of the balled, there were moments when it felt like her voice was going to give out. Overall, I think the song was too low for her register and Simon didn’t seem that impressed.

That said, if anyone has the “x factor,” it’s Rachel. There’s a depth to her performances that’s rare in anyone, especially a kid. Regardless of whether or not she makes it to the live performances, I have no doubt we’ll be hearing the name Rachel Crow for years to come. Expect big things from this one.

Side note: I was so bummed we didn’t get to find out the final 16 contestants on this episode. The suspense is driving me nuts! Who do YOU think will make it through to the next round? Sound off below!

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Check out some of the best auditions on The X Factor premiere! Click here!

From Our BFFs At Ranker!

1. Celebs Caught In The Act!
  2. Stars Who’ve Turned Down Playboy!
  3. Famous Sexy Tattoos!

Brothel live cams

Posted at 3:04 AM on May 11, 2012

Terrific paintings! That is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this publish higher! Come on over and visit my web site . Thanks =)

Gay Kontakte

Posted at 1:11 PM on April 24, 2012

hi!,I love your writing so much! percentage we keep in touch more about your article on AOL? I require a specialist on this space to solve my problem. May be that is you! Having a look forward to look you.

Fun

Posted at 6:08 PM on April 16, 2012

I was recommended this website by means of my cousin. I am not sure whether or not this post is written via him as no one else recognize such detailed approximately my difficulty. You are amazing! Thanks!

Poetry

Posted at 7:43 AM on April 5, 2012

Its such as you read my mind! You seem to know a lot approximately this, like you wrote the guide in it or something. I feel that you just can do with a few % to drive the message home a bit, however other than that, this is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.

claire favretto

Posted at 4:19 AM on October 18, 2011

YES !!!!!! Rachel Crow is a blessing .

Singer Lover

Posted at 7:19 PM on October 17, 2011

That girl is soooo talented…anointed …voice…
If Simon doesn’t put her on someone will….
She’s got the IT Factor…That is what The Late Great Nick Ashford called it… She’s a Blessing and it runs thru her veins…

oscar

Posted at 1:12 PM on October 17, 2011

I have to agree with you. I don’t know if she will go through or not but she is amazing. I wish her song had just a bit more energy last night.

claire favretto

Posted at 5:04 AM on October 17, 2011

Rachelle Crow is brillante , amazing sooooo talented and adorable .
If Simon don’t put her to the top 16 , i stop to watch the X factor . If she does not make it to the next round , it means this show is BS and i won’t watch the X factor anymore .
VOILÀ !!!!!!!

anna

Posted at 3:47 PM on January 28, 2012

My name ia Anna i`m 56 years old and i fell in love with Rachel`s voice and her, I was crying when she didnt get through
Icome from Poland. would like to know whether she is doing good ,would like to know something about her career , Anna