'Sister Wives' Recap: Kody Brown Accused – You Became A Polygamist To Get Attention, Say Friends!

Mon, October 17, 2011 10:06am EDT by 27 Comments

Kody visits his small hometown of Lovell, Wyoming with his four wives and faces off with his disapproving,accusatory  high school classmates, in the series best episode yet.

I have to hand it to Kody Brown – he’s got gumption. Not only has he gone public and been run out of the state of Utah but now he deliberately set off to face-off with his former high school haters.

He traveled back with all 16 of his kids and four wives to publicly ask his strict Mormon home town to start to tolerate his family and beliefs.

Chief among his frenemies is his former BFF Ken Grant, who turned his back on Kody after Kody converted to a Mormon offshoot fundamentalist sect when he returned from a two year mission to preach Mormonism following high school.

Ken doesn’t just think Kody is “stupid” for becoming a polygamist, he also worries about him “eternally.” “We personally feel he has an issue come judgement day and I feel bad,” says Ken in confrontational meeting with Kody and his old high school classmates.

Kody had gone back to Lovell for the town’s annual celebration with a “scarlet letter”, he said,  on his shoulder. “I just don’t know who’s going to ostracize us,” he told us.

But when Kody, Robyn, Janelle, Christina, and Meri actually did  the sit down with Kody’s high school crowd, his peers may have actually hit the crux of Kody’s polygamy obsession right on the head.

“Kody hasn’t changed a bit – he loves the limelight. It’s no surprise he went public with his lifestyle,” Ken said.

It quickly emerges that Kody has been an attention-hog since way back.

“When I heard he was a polygamist, I thought he was the dorky boy trying to be the center of attention all the time,” blurted out his former crush, Janae Horman. “It’s a built in way for him to be the center of attention all the time, How could you not be with four wives and sixteen children.”

Wow! I actually think Janae is a psychological genius and Kody laughed but he turned beet red.

Then Ken brought up that people ask him about Kody’s sex life all the time , as in  –is he a polygamist for multiple woman sex?

Robyn gets really offended by this, but of course Ken has raised a key question that everyone has wondered about.

“It make me angry that people assume Kody’s into [polygamy] for the sexual gratification. They don’t understand who he is,” defended Robyn. “I always say-sex is cheap. Wives aren’t. Kody is a very moral man and we are very moral women.”

It turns out that Kody’s so called best friend is his toughest critic. Aside from worrying about Kody’s eternal damnation, he also warns him that he better not try to confuse him by “twisting” Mormon beliefs and tricking him , Ken, into becoming a polygamist. Ken thinks Kody is “dangerous.”

But that’s not the only accusation Kody is in for. His former high school classmate April Smith claims that in high school “we though he was gay, flamboyantly gay…he had this hair thing and he seemed to have a feminine side.”

Kody just laughed again and responded that he was an early “metrosexual” because he’s always been hair obsessed! Well, we can all see that that’s still true!

So congrats to Kody and his sister wives for continuing to bravely address head on all the controversies and questions EVERYONE has about polygamy.

Oh, and for those of you who were wondering what baby #17 will be named, it’s…Solomon!

– Bonnie Fuller

More Sister Wives!

1. ‘Sister Wives’ Preview! Kody Brown’s Kids Name Their New Baby!
  2. ‘Sister Wives’ Recap: Christine Explodes With Jealousy Over Kody & Robyn!
  3. ‘Sister Wives’ Preview: Christine’s Jealousy Explodes! ‘Kody Caters To Robyn’s Needs & Robyn’s Kids!’

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

elaine

Posted at 11:22 AM on April 9, 2013

P:S: There are a lot of comments about the Lexus. I saw an episode where Mr. Brown said the car was 6 years old when he bought it and there is only 1 Lexus car.. Further more I’d like to add that Mr. Brown does seem to display a Peter Pan syndrome.

elaine

Posted at 11:16 AM on April 9, 2013

And aren’t loosing their hair

elaine

Posted at 11:08 AM on April 9, 2013

I like all 4 of the sister wives. What I don’t like is Mr. Brown. He is arrogant and self-serving. I don’t think he is gay and I’m not sure I think of him as an attention seeker. At one point he talks about his wives not being able to satisfy all his needs or that he could not satisfy all their needs.

Mr. Brown has 4 possibilities: #1 Meri is structured and organized #2. Janelle can talk business with him. With #3 Christine he can enjoy the lightness of being together, and #4 Robyn is emotionally honest making him deal with things he’s been avoiding.”. the Sister wives only have one person. Do the math, which group, the Mr. or the Mrs.s has most possibilities of being satisfied. I get the feeling that Mr. B. may be in the friend zone with one or more of them. Just a feeling and who cares?

I appreciate their devotion to him but at the same time I think it is always difficult when your standing in the middle of something to see what’s real and if you can see what’s real it’s not always easy staying can be easier than walking away. I really don’t have a problem with their lifestyle choice.

I hated seeing Mr. Brown badger Mrs. Brown about having another baby. He seemed relentless and although saying he would accept her decision he put a time date on when she had to decide. He also kept saying that he couldn’t understand why the decision was so difficult. SAY WHAT? She put it straight when she said No, I don’t think you do understand” With the time date came his statement that he was going ot have another baby with or with out her. Was that meant to be a threat? I think he’s a hoarder in another sense.

I really did try to like Mr. Brown. I do have respect for him standing by this women and children.

It’s too bad that the Brown family felt they had to open up their lifestyle choice by exploiting their children. One daugher complained that she did not want their church service to be filmed because it was personal. Mr. Brown acknowledged what she said but . . . too bad. Then there are the smaller ones who don’t have a choice. Not fair.

I don’t think Cody Brown is rich but I do believe that the family is paid by TLC. I understand that Mr. Brown was a marketing sales person (is that right) if so, well, he used what he has, his family marketed them and sold them.

Maria

Posted at 3:44 PM on February 17, 2013

Off… a lot hating women here !! It works for them . They look happy . He is a good looking men . Look at the women ,all fat and unattractive. Just one of the women are attractive . I know so many fat unattractive women who can’t never dream of having a good looking rich husband like that . Its a win ,win !! I don’t what is he getting out of this ?? He is the stupid one !! Totally !! Sex with those fat women . I guess he loves having a lot of kids . God bless this guy . Some one has make children in this world ??! Right ? Who is going to ? All the Homosexuals and the Lesbians ? Not ? Brave guys and women like them . No baby’s no future in this country . So many kids are being brought in from overseas for adoption in America .so ..there is a big need for baby’s . Its a big business. We need more people like him actually. I’m a women . I’m looking for a Polygamous family to take me . I’m divorced . Its my fault too . I have child but life is very hard alone . So don’t judge them . That’s why so many people hate US ,because we are arrogant bunch . We are phony and too face . Take care and be more open minded people – true Christina’s !! And love your kids !!

Penny

Posted at 11:31 PM on May 25, 2012

Of course, it’s all about ego. This idiot is acquainted enough with Scripture to know that such excessive pride is a sin! And he should have thought about God creating Eve alone- not a quartet of woman- to be companion to Adam.

Julie

Posted at 3:55 PM on February 17, 2013

He is an Idiot ??!!! He has a nice house drive a Lexus and have loving Family . What about you dear ? Where is your husband and kids and house ?? Where ? Are you jalousie ? Sound like it ? Look at you self in the mirror women ! Just look ! Take a long ,long look at you fat body and small breasts . You get the point ,right !

Linda

Posted at 8:48 PM on May 23, 2012

Kody Brown and his sister wives no way I’m sharing with other’s wives to me it not right this man must be rich to take care of his wives and put them in there own homes.

Lacy

Posted at 1:47 PM on May 11, 2012

That’s Meri in the picture, not Robyn.

NESSIA

Posted at 9:47 AM on May 11, 2012

DERANGE AND LOW SELF A STEAM FOR THESE WOMEN

SillyLilly

Posted at 1:51 PM on December 1, 2011

Yay Heather!!!

Chrish

Posted at 7:17 PM on November 8, 2011

His parents have a ranch outside of Lovell no welfare. These people beleive it or not know how to work, I use to go out and help on the ranch and in the bakery and if you think it’s easy work your wrong. Yes I wouldn’t convert to it but everyone has their chose and it’s what makes them happy. Heck there are men out there that have 12 kids with 12 differant mom’s and don’t bother to pay child support on any of them, at least these people take care of their families. I haven’t met a family like this that I haven’t liked, very friendly people with big hearts

Travertine

Posted at 1:04 PM on November 6, 2011

What’s the diff between Kody and Octomom? Octomom tried to get a show but people showed their disapproval of her lifestyle and would not watch.

Polygamy is a lifestyle and a choice- just like Octomom. If it’s legal, then the tax code needs to be changed so that people pay for their own lifestyle That means, get rid of the kids deductions, so that these multipliers don’t get 16 deductions for kids on their 4 tax returns. If you want to get married you don’t get a credit for being married that is more then the credit you get if you filed as two individual people, you don’t get any social welfare credits that involve kids, taking care of kids,etc. Make it a flat tax per person.

Watching the adultery going on in their lives, this man in particular as a spoiled man-whore, only concerned for himself and money while he spawns more and more kids, shows how self indulgent this lifestyle is. He can’t possibly have time to be a real dad to them all as is shown by his disregard of any of his family’s concerns.

The show enables Kody to pay for his lifestyle. If you disagree with this lifestyle you will boycott watching the show. Much like what was done with Octomom.

mary

Posted at 11:56 PM on October 30, 2011

My heart breaks for Hunter his mom is having trouble with him and where is MR KODY. maybe go fishing with him calling Hunter a monster was terriable.Hunter seems like a great kid no jhonny apple seed just a kid that just left his whole life behind and his football team that he loved where are you people this kid is hurting.Im team HUNTER

mary

Posted at 11:54 PM on October 30, 2011

My heart breaks for Hunter his mom is having trouble with him and where is MR KODY. maybe go fishing with him calling Hunter a monster was terriable.Hunter seems like a great kid no jhonny apple seed just a kid that just left his whole life behind and his football team that he love where are you people this kid is hurting.Im team HUNTER

heather cummings

Posted at 11:55 PM on October 29, 2011

I wanted so badly to judge them all and feel righteous about it ….but after watching maybe 5 episodes… was almost in awe at the family unity he has with his children…ALL of them…he hugs and kisses them ALL and engages with their everyday activities, makes it a priority to stand up for his own faith and moral beliefs system about God AND at the same time allows them to own their own personal belief system without disapproval. Whatever this family is doing …they are doing it well !!!They reflect a life that shows clearly the love for GOD and family…..AND I think its amazing!!!!!
I have read all the remarks from people in this section and their nasty remarks…AND I BET 70 PERCENT OF THEM MAN OR WOMAN HAS SPENT LESS THAN 5 HOURS OF TIME WITH EVEN 1 OF THEIR CHILDREN AND BET 80 PERCENT HAVE NEVER STEPPED INTO A HOUSE OF GOD WITH THEIR OWN CHILD!!!

Sorry didn’t mean to yell but … and the fact that they all drive a Lexes and all have homes and food…PROVES HE IS PROVIDING for his family!!And doing it well!!!

More than i can say for most….

dgep

Posted at 9:50 PM on October 26, 2011

First time I saw Kody, I thought WHAT A JERK! Actually not as dumb as he looks but still a jerk. He reminds me of those so called righteous people that belong to the Scientology church. They don’t know their head from their butt.

gbtw

Posted at 2:50 PM on October 25, 2011

i don’t understand consciously deciding to raise children into a world where they will be judged, looked upon as freaks and ostracized. there’s no need for it. you can “love” other people by being friends and having them in your community. you don’t have to love them by sleeping with them and having a million kids. on the one hand, i don’t care what people do if “it’s not hurting anyone”- on the other hand, those kids did not choose to be in this freak role, and it’s not fair to them. they’ll say they’re okay with it all, to protect their parents, but i don’t believe it. i think all of the parents are twisted in one way or the other. kody disgusts me and it enrages me that there are women that have fed into his over-inflated ego. the classmate that pinned this all on his selfish desire to be the center of attention nailed it right on the head- and the women are just desparate, clearly.

YOUknow

Posted at 11:07 PM on October 17, 2011

I had some fool raise polygamy with me. SO, I raised polyandry with him! AS IF! What I don’t get is why Kody got pissed when Meri asked how he would feel if SHE started dating another guy. Now, THAT would be FAIR!!!! I think they should start dating other guys. Guys who are thinner, cuter, more respectful and more humble!

Elizabeth

Posted at 6:42 PM on October 17, 2011

Why dont you ever see brother husbands. Its because most men would not only sleep with that one wife, they would go out and sleep with other women. I think Kodys wives are stupid they only have Kody while he has all of the others. These women give other women a bad name. It shows that some women will put up with anything just to have a man.

Connor

Posted at 3:23 PM on October 17, 2011

You can’t fall in love with 6 women. Thats just not a true man…thats just being and dick and a jerk.

idgafk

Posted at 1:12 PM on October 17, 2011

I would like to know if they all have herpes now with Robynn since she has an outbreak of herpes all over her mouth pretty much every show. That is absolutely disgusting. And Cody is definetely a chubby chaser….they are all heffers now with the exception of the herpster.

boundfornursing

Posted at 6:33 PM on May 25, 2013

Calling women fat….feel better about yourself? People who do that are pathetic.

lola

Posted at 12:38 PM on October 17, 2011

His former friends hit it on the nail-having several wives with a reality show is his plea for attention and being seen as virile. You can tell he just eats up all the attention.

lolag

Posted at 12:42 PM on October 17, 2011

ps: the fact they mentioned he was a total nerd with no game and/or maybe gay says a lot too. OVERCOMPENSATION much, kody?

victory

Posted at 11:23 AM on October 17, 2011

Having watched a couple episodes of ‘Sister Wives’, Cody, seems to be selfish and full of himself. How 4 woman can have such low self esteem to share their man w/other woman is mind boggeling. I plead ignorance on the topic of polygamy, it doesn’t seem to be an acceptable lifestyle in our ever changing society. Yet, this idiot cruises from wife to wife in his Lexus, just plain repulsive. By the way, how about all those kids? Are the wives working to support this set-up? It can’t be just me, there’s something definately wrong w/motley crew.

wannaknow

Posted at 11:01 PM on October 27, 2011

what I’d like to know how does he support them all? Welfare? how did he and any other polygamist support multiple wives and a whole lot of kids

i ca

Linda

Posted at 9:00 PM on May 23, 2012

No it not welfare because there driving in nice cars and have nice homes no one don’t know what kind of job he had or maybe he rich as hell.