Giuliana Rancic: 'I Have Early Stages Of Breast Cancer.'

Mon, October 17, 2011 8:36am EDT by 7 Comments
Giuliana Rancic

Moments ago, Giuliana revealed the news and explained she found out during her third attempt to get pregnant through in vitro fertilization.

Giuliana Rancic has been very open about her attempts to have a baby — but in the process she found out that she has breast cancer.

Giuliana sat down with Ann Curry on The Today Show Oct. 17 for an emotional interview.

“I have early stages of breast cancer,” she told Ann.

The E! News anchor explained that during her third round of IVF treatments, her doctor insisted she get a mammogram — allowing the doctors to diagnose her.

But she said that she and husband Bill Rancic will continue to try for a child — after she’s done with treatment. They will try to conceive until doctors tell them to pursue other options. “We’ve got some of the best doctors in the world,” Bill told Hollybaby.com exclusively on Oct. 13. “So right now we are going down that path [of IVF] and until our doctors tell us that’s not the path we should go down, we’re going to listen to them.”

“We’re not opposed to [adoption],” he added. “When the time comes, we’ll visit that option I think.”

Giuliana also said on The Today Show that there’s a reason that her IVF failed the first two times, because it allowed her to find out about her breast cancer early. “God was looking out for me. Now I know he was actually looking out for me, had I gotten pregnant, a few years down the line I could have been a lot sicker.”

And when she does get pregnant, it’s a sign.  “That baby will have saved my life.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

More Giuliana Rancic News

1. Giuliana & Bill Rancic Aren’t Ready To Adopt Yet!
  2. Giuliana & Bill Rancic Plan On Adopting A Baby From Italy! Aw, That Would Be So Nice!
  3. Giuliana Rancic Is Rushed To The Hospital After An IVF Procedure Goes Horribly Wrong!

kayla

Posted at 4:47 PM on October 17, 2011

Oh Lord!! This is so sad..Giuliana really doesn’t deserve this. But then again, who does? God bless you Giuliana & Bill. I’ll certainly keep y’all in my prayers. xo

kiara

Posted at 4:21 PM on October 17, 2011

Oh My God!!!! I’m crying ……. this is so sad she’s been through a lot this years, I can believe it…. she seems very healthy. I just hope she’ll get better and be a Breast Cancer survivor just like other amazing woman.
She will be a roll model for some other woman out there. God Bless Guiliana & Bill !!!!

lolanyc

Posted at 4:08 PM on October 17, 2011

I just heard the news and gasped out loud! I cant believe this! I hope she’ll be ok, which I’m sure she will be. She has such a loving husband she is sooo lucky to have him by her side. Alot of men cant handle stress like what they have been through. They both deserve to be happy, they are my favorite couple. I hope she keeps us posted.

Ree

Posted at 2:46 PM on October 17, 2011

That’s heartbreaking! What’s weird is that I thought I was hallucinating when I told my husband I noticed a sadness in her eyes over the last few days on her broadcasts. Giuliana and Bill are such an awesome couple that it sucks that they another obstacle to overcome. I hope they kick Cancer and get the family they’ve been wanting for so long. God bless.

journey

Posted at 2:06 PM on October 17, 2011

I cried when I heard her announced her breast cancer diagnosis this morning. So sad. She is in my prayers for a full recovery. I really respect both Giuliana and Bill. They are very decent people. God bless them both.

Natalie

Posted at 9:43 AM on October 17, 2011

I’m shocked to hear this news! :( It really does sink in the reality that anyone can get cancer. I wish the best for Giuliana, Bill, and their families. I’m glad they caught it early!

Skyyla

Posted at 11:17 AM on October 17, 2011

It is heart breaking to see her suffer so much!