Penn Badgley Reveals: 'Blair Is Dan’s Soul Mate'!

Fri, October 14, 2011 2:38pm EDT by 60 Comments
Gossip Girl

As the debate continues over WHO will win ultimately win Blair’s heart –Chuck or Prince Louis —  Penn Badgley says in a new interview that his Gossip Girl character Dan is further ahead in the race than we thought!

Dair fans rejoice — there is hope for Blair (Leighton Meester) and Dan (Penn Badgley) after all!

In a shocking new interview with Nylon magazine, the GG star reveals Lonely Boy’s feelings for Blair, who he once shared a steamy, romantic kiss with — which at one point in GG time, was absolutely unthinkable.

“I think Blair is Dan’s soul mate. I don’t know if they’re ever going to get together, but I’ll tell you that I’ve never enjoyed any scenes on the show as much as those scenes with Leighton Meester,” Penn tells the mag.

Is Penn trying to give Dair fans a hint? Despite the fact that Blair is engaged to Prince Louis (Hugo Becker) and having his baby — is there still hope for Dair? Or in the end, will Chair overrule all ?

What do you think, Hollywoodlifers? Penn says Blair is Dan’s ultimate soulmate — do you believe him? Vote and weigh in below!

Click to watch Blair & Dan’s first kiss!

Xoxo

— Nicole Karlis

Net

Posted at 4:31 AM on March 24, 2012

The Show does need a new relationship, sometimes a sign that writers are out of ideas when the least likely characters get together, but Dan and Blair’s relationship has a lot going for it real discussions and mutual interests, on again off again relationships can only hold interest for so long before it becomes annoying.

Someone

Posted at 7:10 AM on February 28, 2012

I love both dair and chair, I think they are different in both ways. Chair is more epic and mysterious while dair is funny and real. They both have chemistry. Obviously chair has more of a fan base since they have been going at it for 4 years now while we haven’t seen much of dair it’s only starting. It’s not fair to compare them yet. Right now I believe it should be dair because it’s fresh, new and exciting. If chuck and Blair get back together now they have no chance at being end game since the writers can’t drg it on for too long. I don’t mind who becomes end game as long as all 3 characters are happy :D

Dianne

Posted at 6:30 AM on February 2, 2012

It might not be what people are used to but I think Dan and Blair is definitely a YES. Chuck and Blair were great and intense but if the show should end, it might as well make sense. Chair’s relationship is too intense to have a happy ending. Serena annoys me and I dont want her to get with Dan. Dan and Blair have great chemistry and its very unexpected which makes it perfect. So I vote for Dair!

Ella

Posted at 1:53 AM on December 25, 2011

I’m sorry, but Dair just doesn’t do it for me. They don’t LOOK right together. And Dan is REALLY annoying. Plus he’s not as attractive as Chuck is. I LOVE Chuck. I think he and Blair have the best relationship and the fact that they are both changing is fantastic! I think they have the ability to calm each other down and have a beautiful relationship. They just FIT. Dan is so boring to me and for some reason I still see him with Serena. As odd as it may seem. Chuck and Blair is it for me. It just works. Dan is more like a best friend. That’s what their chemistry reminds me of. Not lovers who would be together forever.

philippines

Posted at 10:37 PM on November 28, 2011

Dair will be good if not, the best of friends but Chair is different.. they’re forever.

daphne

Posted at 8:19 PM on November 22, 2011

Leighton also said in a recent interview that she enjoys Dair because she loves working with Penn. I think Dair’s chemistry comes from the fact that both Leighton and Penn enjoy working with each other. I love what the writers are doing with Gossip Girl, I don’t mind Dair, Chair,etc

shakirah

Posted at 5:41 AM on November 22, 2011

Dair is a powerful storyline, two enemies become lovers, the frog turns into the prince and so on. But they’ve already used a more powerful one, an epic one even. Chair is really great n the way they’re always there for each other even when they hate themselves, they love themselves. Isn’t that what we all want. Theirs is one of the most stable rstoryline in the wholre of gg. Dan says Blair is his. Soulmate but wait haven’t we heard that b4, with serena n Venessa. Please Chair rules.awesome

nontii

Posted at 3:22 AM on November 9, 2011

We all loved Chuck and Blair together, but I really think Dan and Blair would make a greater couple. First with Chair it’s all about games, scheming, manipulating,heartbreak. They date and it always end up badly, whenever they feel they ready for one another somebody screws it up, like seriously. Than with this Prince guy, he makes Blair happy because and is the direct opposite of Chuck, not really because in season 5 he starts scheming with that therapist anyways now he has secrets. So is this guy really different?!?! And than there’s Dan who knows Blair very well but still love her either ways and they share a lot in common. I wonder who Blair will end up with though?!?!

nontii

Posted at 3:05 AM on November 9, 2011

I would love nothing more than to see Dan and Blair together. I think they share a deeper and stronger connection than chuck and Blair. And it looks like Dan is really into Blair.

Ellie

Posted at 5:19 PM on October 28, 2011

Dan and Blair are totally soulmates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diogo

Posted at 8:46 PM on October 19, 2011

Dair <3. Make them real D:

Kate

Posted at 4:36 PM on October 18, 2011

Love how Dair is winning the poll with just one kiss.
They are so amazing. Dair forever. Even their name is legend.

Chair is old furniture, lol.

Angel

Posted at 11:18 PM on October 22, 2011

Haha, brilliant.

Taylor

Posted at 3:43 AM on October 18, 2011

He doesn’t just say he enjoys working with Leighton because it’s fun. He says “I’ve never enjoyed any scenes on the show as much as those scenes with Leighton Meester, on a strictly intellectually as an actor.” It’s intellectually fulfilling to him as an actor. It’s not about what cast mate he likes better. He just really enjoys the scenes the two have together, as do I. They do share a certain chemistry and closeness that Blair has never had with anyone else. They are able to really talk.

I admit, I was a HUGE Chair fan before the 4th season, but I’ve realized that as much as I would love for them to be together, the exciting thing about their relationship is the angst and drama and heartbreak, and that is not a relationship that either of them can be in forever. Dan and Blair seem to have a different type of connection..a connection that could allow them to both be happy. Chuck and Blair, as a couple, thrive on manipulation and games and I feel like that’s the way it will always be. Could you imagine if They were actually together and had a regular relationship? It would be boring. It was boring (I admit there were a few heartwarming scenes)…until the writers started causing problems.

Just my opinion

Alexis

Posted at 2:27 PM on October 17, 2011

To all the Chair fans that are gong crazy over Penn’s quote. You need to come down….all he said was that Blair is Dan’s soulmate not the other way aroung. Just cuz Blair is his soulmate does not mean that he is hers…so why are u guys so threatened??? There is no need to call him studpid its his opinion and his reason is not cuz he likes to work with Leighton its cuz he thinks the scenes with Leight aka Blair are great scenes. Clearly u guys didnt interpret the quote right. I dont think there is any point in fighting anymore, the writers are going to do what the writers want. All we can do is hope that they make our shipper hearts happy and while that happens we could just go to tumblr and visit either Dair or Chair tag (not both now!!)and try to make peace with one another!!! Chair fans just come down guysss its just a show btw!!

TK

Posted at 9:53 AM on October 17, 2011

Whoa, Dair is winning! The best couple on the show!