Dentist: Lindsay Lohan's Tooth Decay Caused By Cigarettes, Poor Hygiene & Possible Drug Use!

Fri, October 14, 2011 9:00am EDT by 12 Comments

Photos of Lindsay’s brown and decaying teeth have caused quite a stir recently. Find out what a celebrity dentist thinks may be the cause.

After examining the pictures that have emerged of Lindsay Lohan’s teeth, celebrity dentist Dr. Pankaj Singh, of Arch Dental Associates, in New York City, says, “This type of damage appears to be from a combination of smoking, drug use and lack of personal care.” Think the discoloration can be caused just by cigarettes? Dr. Singh begs to differ.

According to Dr. Singh, “smoking causes yellowing of the teeth, which we definitely see here in this picture. However, at such a young age, smoking wouldn’t cause the decay and browning you see around the gums. Damage like that is something we see in patients who are using or have used drugs.”

What kinds of drugs can cause this decay? Could marijuana cause the same types of decay as harder drugs?

“The answer is no,” says Dr. Singh, “marijuana and other drugs don’t affect the teeth the same way. Marijuana is smoked and so the heat generated from smoking causes inflammation which can cause damage to the soft tissue. However, drugs like cocaine, crack, meth all have acidic properties which is more destructive to the enamel which ultimately leads to decay.”

Are you shocked by the appearance of Lindsay’s teeth?

Justine Featherton

Get more from our BFF’s at Glamour.com!

1. Fall Style Tips: 7 Instant Ways To Be A DO
  2. The Top 20 Beauty Trends We Hope Never Come Back
  3. The Office’s Mindy Kaling on Why You Need a Man, Not a Boy
  4. Twilight Stars’ Best Hair and Makeup Looks

this

Posted at 4:18 PM on June 12, 2012

I have been surfing online greater than three hours today, but I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It’s lovely worth sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you probably did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.

los angeles cosmetic dentist

Posted at 3:24 PM on May 25, 2012

It’s actually a cool and useful piece of information. I am satisfied that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

implant dentist houston

Posted at 9:10 AM on May 25, 2012

Useful information. Fortunate me I discovered your site by chance, and I’m shocked why this twist of fate did not came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

hx9332/05

Posted at 6:19 AM on April 23, 2012

Thank you, I have just been looking for info approximately this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I have came upon so far. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure concerning the source?|What i don’t realize is if truth be told how you are now not actually much more neatly-preferred than you might be now. You’re so intelligent.

ведение дел в судах

Posted at 6:44 AM on April 1, 2012

A person necessarily lend a hand to make severely posts I would state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular submit extraordinary. Fantastic process!

Teresa

Posted at 11:27 PM on October 25, 2011

It looks like she has a beginning case of meth-mouth. But honestly, in her last mugshot, she looked like a tweaker anyway. That’s not just from lack of dental work for sometime. I didn’t have dental work for 4 years and my mouth doesn’t look like that!

kaitoe

Posted at 5:27 PM on October 20, 2011

I’d expect those sort of teeth from low income families, mostly because dental work is not cheap at all. Even then, it’s mostly back teeth that are the problem if they choose to just brush every now and then. Lindsay’s teeth just shows total neglect.

Winsome

Posted at 2:14 PM on October 15, 2011

I work in the dental field and it looks to me like her dental work has deteriorated, possibly her veneers fell off or bonding has cracked. Easy to fix, dunno why she doesn’t?

x

Posted at 1:59 AM on October 15, 2011

oh that poor freckled face

Anonymous

Posted at 11:14 PM on October 14, 2011

Looks like Fire Crotch is a meth head.

bonded

Posted at 6:52 PM on October 14, 2011

It might not be as bad as it looks. I don’t know about the gums, so that sounds like bad news. But I have my teeth bonded because I broke them in an accident. The bonding chips, yellows, and cracks off (if I’m careless with dental tools), where my real teeth never do that. Coffee and ciggies can make them really stained if I don’t scrape/polish them often enough. The polishing or scraping takes it right off. The chips have to be re-done at the dentist’s, though.

gbtw

Posted at 1:13 PM on October 14, 2011

very shocked by her teeth. VERY. i went through anger at this mess/girl, then annoyance, then ambivalence… and now, i guess i am sad, and surprised to be sad/care. i thought i was numb to her by now… but teeth. that a “celebrity” would be on a red carpet (does the launch of a game really constitute a red carpet event, just cuz the carpet is red?) and even open her mouth with teeth looking like that. i was hoping it was just an appetizer stuck in her teeth, but there appears to be even a gap where there wasn’t one before? sad.