Bonnie & Matt Would Make A Solid 'Vampire Diaries' Couple!

Fri, October 14, 2011 5:34pm EDT by 6 Comments

The longtime friends showed a little chemistry on the Oct. 13 episode! Would you step up to ‘Batt?’

Just when I thought we’d seen every possible pairing of characters on The Vampire Diaries, the Oct. 13 episode introduced me to one I hadn’t even considered before — and now can’t get out of my head: Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Matt (Zach Roerig!) And I’m clearly not alone because, as Kat herself pointed out, “Bonnie and Matt” became a worldwide trend on Twitter.

Now, obviously the big problem with “Batt” is that Bonnie is technically already in a relationship with Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen), but I think we’ve seen him with enough ladies by now to know that his relationships don’t tend to last very long. Let’s just hope Bonnie lives through that breakup.

The main reason I love the idea of Bonnie and Matt together is that while most people find Matt’s emo antics adorable — heck, I’ll put myself in that category — Bonnie isn’t afraid to sit him down and tell it like it is. “I know you want to help, and I know you miss your sister, but what you did was reckless and stupid,” she told him after his little dip in the pool last night.

During their little chat, Matt acknowledged how quickly all of their lives have changed. He even used his emotional shovel to dig up the fact that he once dated Elena (Nina Dobrev.) And since he’s clearly working his way through his group of friends, Bonnie does seem like the next logical step after Elena and Caroline (Candice Accola.)

That is, unless he wants to go in a totally different direction and try to steal Tyler (Michael Trevino) from Caroline — but I’ll save that for another “Andy says.”

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Vampire Diaries

Marla

Posted at 5:04 PM on March 20, 2012

im a bamon shipper and i think bonnie shouldve got both her guys just like in the books, first matt then damon. I want her with matt in the meantime damon is all crazy for elena and all this delena craze. Im realistic i know the writers are not planning bamon anytime soon. I wish that one day they would hear our prayers and make them happen cuz theyre amazing! but id like to see some bonnie and matt, then bamon ftw

Indhira

Posted at 4:58 PM on March 20, 2012

i think that the writers shouldve put matt with bonnie since the beginning instead of him and caroline. I know the tv show and books are different, but i cant understand how they made every other character pairings alike to the books but bonnie’s. Batt or bonovan happens in the books and for what ive seen they do have lots of chemistry together, but the thing is that the writers put him with caroline already, which means that batt possibility are less likely to happen after that,considering the fact that they would not want to make matt date the 3 of them. I think catt was a waste of lovestory potential between matt and bonnie. Now Caroline is completely over matt and the triangle is now between tyler and klaus, while matt and bonnie are single and now i dont think how they can ever get together. I wish they would one day

Donettfan

Posted at 10:37 AM on December 25, 2011

YES YES YES YES

I ship them so hard, I have since the books and show pilot. I saw the two characters first time live and knew they were my OTP.

Its MONNIE TIME, bring it on.

Elle

Posted at 2:34 AM on November 5, 2011

I will always and forever be a Bamon supporter (both books and TV) I hated Jeremy and Bonnie and I’ll surely hate ‘Batt’. Bonnie always seems to get the short end of the stick and I want her with someone great and not just someone convenient. Damon or not.

Effs

Posted at 1:42 AM on October 28, 2011

So in the books are they together? Then if they are, I guess the producers will stay as close as possible to the books since te show is based on the novel.

But I just feel that it’s an injustice done to her. Her saving Jeremy just to be dumped for a ghost. The sacrifice she did for Jeremy. Her witchcraft all down the drain. No more help from the ancestors. And with Jeremy and her on bad terms. How does she uses her already limite powers without tue help from the other world THAT Jeremy can contact and only him.

So complicated. Haha

cathy

Posted at 4:21 PM on October 15, 2011

YES! I’d love them together :) I’m a huge supporter of them in the books and I’ve been hoping for them to get together on the show, but I’ve thought they’d never go there.

Oh and I prefer to call them what people are calling them on tumblr ‘Monnie’. It’s a much cuter name xD Batt sounds weird.