'Grey's Anatomy' Pic: Derek, Take Your Hands Off Lexie!

Thu, October 13, 2011 4:48pm EDT by 7 Comments
Grey's Anatomy Derek Shepherd Lexie Grey

This is NOT an appropriate touch between a brother and sister-in-law!

OK, HollywoodLifers. You know I’m NOT happy with Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey) on this season of Grey’s Anatomy. But seriously, WHY is he touching Lexie Grey (Chyler Leigh) like he wants to take her clothes off?

Full disclosure, I hated Lexie before we even knew who she was. (We met her at Joe’s at the end of season 3 when she flirted with McDreamy and offered to buy him a drink. Then we not-so-affectionately dubbed her the McBarSlut until we found out that she was Meredith’s (Ellen Pompeo) long-lost half-sister. Or was it just me who called her that?) However, I will admit she has grown on me for the past few seasons, yet that could all change.

A Derek-Meredith-Lexie triangle is a development I absolutely cannot stomach. Granted, I don’t know the circumstances under which this relationship blossoms — except that Lexie and Derek start working together — and I may be jumping to conclusions that the writers haven’t even fathomed. (God, I hope I’m not giving them ideas!) But I think that I have the right to be a little bit freaked out — as much as an adult woman is allowed to be freaked out by the romantic entanglements of fictional characters.

This photo comes from the Oct. 27 episode, entitled “Put Me In Coach,” so until then, I can only theorize about what is happening in what I deem to be a very disturbing pic. (Side note, I never thought a John Fogerty song would be used as the title for a Grey’s episode, but the world is full of surprises.)

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Am I freaking out over nothing? Or is Derek getting a little too handsy with Lexie?

– Denise Warner

1. ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Recap: The 7 Reasons Why Derek Really Sucked Tonight!
  2. Derek Shepherd I Hate You With The Fire Of A Thousand Suns!
  3. ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Recap: Dr. Webber Resigns As Chief And The Attendings All Blame Meredith!

null null

Posted at 1:49 PM on September 11, 2012

every man touches a woman is trying to get her clothes out? you are ridiculous!

youneedhelp

Posted at 1:55 AM on May 13, 2012

To the poster of this ridiculous article. You need help.

They’re playing softball and he’s rubbing her shoulders to ease the pressure. Like normal friends do?

Even if the writers were as retarded as you, and actually scripted a Meredith Derek Lexie love triangle, what’s there to freak out about?

IT”S A GOD DAMN TV SHOW. ITS NOT REAL.

Christ.

Megan

Posted at 6:13 PM on October 18, 2011

Do you realize these photos are a mix of while they are filming and when they are not??? These are just set photos, also,if it is from while they film, he is probably being a coach, maybe you should stop hating derek so much to realize that this is not where it is heading!

esha

Posted at 8:15 PM on October 14, 2011

hw cn u say lexie is a slut wen hello meredith ws da 1 who slept wid derek series1 widout even knowing hu he ws i mean hw slutty is dat, n seriously talk about being pervertd the pic is him encouraging her not wanting to take her clothes off.

charlie

Posted at 6:21 AM on October 14, 2011

yaa and in the nest episode merder are kissing
this is soo behind the scenes and lexie had jackson then mark so why would she go after her sisters husband??
XD

Leslie

Posted at 1:51 AM on October 14, 2011

Shonda Rhimes tweets that pic is a pic behind the scene which means Patrick and Chyler are good friends. No coincidence with the storyline !

Bookwizard

Posted at 10:41 PM on October 13, 2011

Innapropriate? Please, he’s encouraging her to do well in a softball game their playing. There is no love triangle and derek is NOT making a move on lexie. Just because you think derek is being an idiot doesnt mean you should jump to conclusions over a picture that is obviously not what you thonk it is.