Demi Lovato: Why Selena Gomez & I Will Always Be As 'Close As Sisters!'

Thu, October 13, 2011 10:01am EDT by 10 Comments
Demi Lovato

In a new interview, Demi reveals the reasons why Selena Gomez is one of her besties. Read on to find out what Selena did for Demi while Demi was in rehab!

Demi Lovato recently completed a stay at rehab to focus on rebuilding her self image. But while she was there, it was tough for her to be separated from her friends and family. She couldn’t even talk to them on the phone for the first few days. But when Demi was finally allowed to speak on the phone, her best friend Selena Gomez called her up!

“I think I was out of tears by that point,” Demi tells Access Hollywood. “By that point you had to wait a certain amount of days before you could even make a phone call to my mom or anybody.”

Selena wanted to check on Demi. “She called and she was crying. She was like, ‘Hello,'” Demi recalls. “I was like, ‘Why are you crying? I’m the one in treatment, I should be crying.’ She’s like, ‘Are they treating you OK?’ I was like, ‘Yeah, they’re treating me great.'”

“She’s definitely one my closest friends and no matter what, we’ll always be [as] close as sisters,” confesses Demi. “We met 12 years ago. We’ve been friends for 12 years now. That’s more than half of my life!”

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Demi Stories:

1. Celebs Tweeting From Their Beds!
  2. Demi: I Don’t Have A Boyfriend!
  3. Demi’s Revenge On Joe Jonas!

From Our BFFs At Ranker!

1. Celebs Caught In The Act!
  2. Stars Who’ve Turned Down Playboy!
  3. Famous Sexy Tattoos!

rishqa davids

Posted at 8:14 AM on June 26, 2013

I love u both very much. Please stay friends u both love each other I will love to have a friendship like that

Tolubanwo Damilola top dog

Posted at 11:57 AM on December 28, 2012

Demi & Selena, BFF.love dat, dat wat friend are for

delena

Posted at 10:04 AM on October 7, 2012

ok people i think we know selena nd demi r bffs forget miley shes just a friend demi knows selena more than half her life. so demi selena bffs togetehr forver

sakeeyna

Posted at 5:51 PM on December 17, 2011

gosh jst dnt knw y i luv u guyz togeda

Firdiana

Posted at 12:01 AM on December 10, 2011

u girls are the best i am the big fans of both of u .

Yasmin

Posted at 11:50 AM on October 18, 2011

uuhhmm,Demi,don’t forget what Miley did for you please!!

Pickley

Posted at 10:28 AM on October 15, 2011

The smartest thing Demi has done has been getting rid of Miley. I am sure that Miley helped contribute to Demi’s low self esteem, since Miley enjoys tearing people down. I am glad her and Selena have buried the hatchet and become closer!

me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!