'Breaking Dawn' Director Compares Bella's Birth Scene To A 'Horror Movie!'

Thu, October 13, 2011 7:20am EDT by 13 Comments

As if childbirth wasn’t terrifying enough, Bill Condon explains how ‘Breaking Dawn’ managed a PG-13 rating — despite all the blood.

Breaking Dawn, Part 1 is going to be full of incredible moments for longtime Twilight fans — but we can think of at least one we’ll be keeping our eyes closed for! Director Bill Condon tells Boxoffice magazine that Bella’s (Kristen Stewart) birth scene is every bit as grotesque as it is in the books. In fact, he describes the climactic scene as being “almost like a horror movie!”

“Within the confines of a PG-13 rating, I think we’ve got something that’s pretty powerful,” Bill says. “In terms of the birth, it was, ‘Let’s do it from Bella’s point of view. Let’s see whatever she can see.’ Once you decide on an approach like that, it’s amazing how powerful you can be without being overly explicit.”

OK, so maybe we won’t have our eyes covered the entire time. It sounds like it’ll actually be handled very tastefully — for the most part.

“[Bella] gets glimpses of a lot of things — and hears everything — but it’s not the cutaway to teeth clawing through flesh,” Bill continues. “But you certainly know what’s happening.”

Gross.

Get a glimpse of Bella’s “horror movie”-esque birth scene in the trailer for Breaking Dawn, Part 1 below:

Loading video...

Poetry

Posted at 3:13 AM on April 6, 2012

Thanks , I have just been searching for information about this topic for ages and yours is the greatest I’ve came upon so far. However, what about the bottom line? Are you sure concerning the supply?|What i do not realize is in fact how you’re no longer really much more well-appreciated than you might be now. You’re very intelligent.

Paris

Posted at 12:09 PM on April 4, 2012

Saw this movie yesterday on my bday and it was awesome!! The birth scene WAS like a horror movie! Bella looks like a sceleton and she freaks me out when she’s just lying there dead on the bed. Renesmee isn’t what I’d pick out for my baby, but it’s ok. Ej is a better choice. Well I saw the actress who plays Renesme’s comment below, Mackenzie foy, and she’s just an amazing lil actress! She’s so beautiful too! Well, c ya later!

Mackenzie foy

Posted at 12:43 AM on April 4, 2012

Hi guys! It’s Mackenzie!! I just want to thank all the fans who are fans if the twilight saga, becuz without all of u guys, our movies wouldn’t mean anything to the world, so thanks a bunch!! Anyone who wants an auto or anything like that just ask here and I’ll send u one! :)

Lelanii

Posted at 8:54 PM on April 3, 2012

I loved the movie and I am gonna name my baby girl Renesmee!! I swear!!

Arianna Gallegos

Posted at 8:45 PM on April 3, 2012

I saw breaking dawn a couple days ago and it is now my most absolute favorite movie in the world!!!! The birthing scene is epic!! I love how Edward says ,” it’s Renesmee!” instead of it’s a girl. Bella thinks is a boy the entire time she’s pregnant! Ej and Renesmee are very cute names! Bella is gross how she likes the blood when she’s not even a vamp!! Well I just want to say that I’m a breaking dawn fanatic, and now I’m team Renesmee!!!

robert pattinson forever

Posted at 11:28 AM on October 15, 2011

I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE .IN ROMANIA THE MOVIE PREMIERES IN 18 NOVEMBER AND I ALREADY GOT 2 TICKETS TO SEE IT .EVERYDAY I WATCH THE TRAILER 20 TIMES BECAUSE I CAN’T MAKE IT ANYMORE.I CAN’T RESIST IT.TO MUCH TIME…TO MUCH…

lynray velasco

Posted at 8:59 PM on October 14, 2011

,.so nice,.

Alex

Posted at 10:02 AM on October 14, 2011

my neighbor’s step-mother makes $69 every hour on the laptop. She has been laid off for 5 months but last month her pay was $7882 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read about it on this web site Many Rich. com

Marion

Posted at 5:44 AM on October 14, 2011

can’t wait ! another month to wait in France !

g

Posted at 1:47 AM on October 14, 2011

can’t wait <3

Sashaqueenie

Posted at 2:58 PM on October 13, 2011

I can’t wait for the sucker to rip through Bella’s C U Next Tuesday.

Tayy

Posted at 7:35 PM on October 13, 2011

HA! good one! And me too!!

JAD

Posted at 9:00 AM on October 13, 2011

I can’t want until they put (twilight saga breaking dawn) in the cinemas!!!!!!!